facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 7, 2007, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Location of the 1st Test in Doubt

I don't know if you guys have been following this or not but the Dunedin University oval is practically unplayable for batsmen ... they held an FC match and 22 Wickets fell on the first day and it ended within 2 days so NZC is either gonna fix the pitch or move the Tes

If it was up to me I'd rather play in that Land Mind win the toss bowl, Especially with the Trio of pacers were gonna use and if the pitch really is unplayable than play reckless cricket We score in the 150-260 range with regularity in Tests anyways. Of course it'll be called a Farce but it would be entertaining

Quote:
Two day Ultimatum given to Oval
Dec 8, 2007
New Zealand cricket CEO Justin Vaughan has given Dunedin's University Oval two days to come up to scratch as a new test venue.

The pitch has been widely criticised this week after the Otago-Auckland State Championship match turned into a two-day farce.

Vaughan has enlisted the help of two pitch experts to see if they can remedy the situation and he says they don't have long to do it.

He says they will make a final call on the venue on Monday and they are keen to see the test go ahead at the new ground.

Vaughan says ideally they want a pitch which is attractive to bat on first.
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1318360/1494048

Old December 7, 2007, 11:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

NZL have much better venue than this one. Chirstchurch or Auckland would have beeen much better option
Old December 9, 2007, 11:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell
Default Questionable location for 1st Test in NZ and impact on BD

Guys I just came across this in CI. One of the scheduled test ground's pitch in brief like a mine field and if NZ wants to play against us on that pitch I am affraid we won't be able to put up any sort of resistence. The Auckland team in a first class game lost to Otago in two days. Now this could mean Auckland don't have defensive and technically sound batsmen or Otago has great bowlers.
The lines below copied and pasted from cricinfo and it makes for an interesting read.
"I'm getting irritable because there's a bit of a***-covering going on. If you'd put a Test attack on that surface you'd probably have killed someone once the divots dried out."
Auckland coach Mark O'Donnell is still fuming after his side lost within two days to Otago on a questionable track in Dunedin...which is about to host a New Zealand Test against Bangladesh

What do you guys think?
Old December 9, 2007, 11:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Link?

What're the features of the pitch? It doesn't say anything!
Old December 9, 2007, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It's already being discussed in two other threads. One of them is actually about speculations regarding moving the test to a better ground.
Old December 10, 2007, 01:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

mash and rajib will blow away the kiwis baby!!!!!
Old December 10, 2007, 02:47 AM

Bond is going to miss his meiden double hattrick....
Old December 10, 2007, 07:24 AM
Test Cricketer

The source is cricinfo. Best of quotes...for what the Auckland coach said, you can gather that the pitch is bad for batting.
Old December 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

solution: bowl first

duh!
Old December 10, 2007, 02:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Has the rules in the NZ test or ODI series been changed? I mean are we the only one to bat in all 5 games?
Old December 10, 2007, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Oval pitch defended

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/thepress/4319084a6429.html

Dunedin's University Oval is expected to remain as the first test venue against Bangladesh in early January.

A decision is expected from New Zealand Cricket today on the issue after a State Championship match there between Otago and Auckland finished in under two days last week.

Turf experts have been working with the new groundsman to ensure there would be no repeat of the abbreviated encounter in the high-profile five-day test -- Otago's first for a decade.

Otago captain Craig Cumming said there had been a lot of ill-informed comment about the pitch. "It was on the fresh side, probably a day early from being ready, and overhead conditions contributed to that," Cumming said.

"To be fair the wicket has played inconsistently there since it started about four years ago but I believe progress is being made as it consolidates."

The wicket block is comprised of Kakanui soil, which formed the base of some excellent wickets at Carisbrook, when it was the headquarters of Otago cricket.

If New Zealand Cricket took the game away from Dunedin finding an alternative at short notice would be challenging with the season schedule under way but not impossible.
Old December 10, 2007, 02:31 PM
Cricket Savant

I say bring it on.
Old December 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

If I am not mistaken, it is one of those grounds that has seen very little or no test cricket action. I have never heard the name of any University ground in a test match in New Zealand. Are they trying to accomodate us in an unknown ground like Australia did when they hosted us in Darwin and Cairns.
Old December 10, 2007, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

please ash win the toss and put them to bat. if we can bowl them out with in 200 then it doesn't matter how much we score...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 10, 2007, 03:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Has the rules in the NZ test or ODI series been changed? I mean are we the only one to bat in all 5 games?
Exactly right, mate. Kiwis couldn't put 100 in front our bowling attack. I mean just hearing the bowlers names make guys like Stephen Fleming, Scott Styris contemplate retirement. Mortaza, Rasel, Shadat, Razzak and co. Scary line up indeed! So much so that a batting genius like Jason Gillespie was able to make a double against us. Why he didn't make double against anyone else? Well he played foolishly against other nations and it has nothing to do with other bowlers being bad. Why should we be worried? We will play in gravel pitch against them, our batters can make 50 and we will still win with this amazing bunch of bowlers that we have. Kiwis batters will just gift us their wickets because unlike our batters who display great batting temperment, their batters lack that ability or don't have it in great abundance like our players.
Old December 10, 2007, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Jei beta McMillan er high-profile chowal bhangte parbe taake ami 500 taka dibo. So who's it gonna be - Mashrafe or Shahadat?
Old December 10, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
If I am not mistaken, it is one of those grounds that has seen very little or no test cricket action. I have never heard the name of any University ground in a test match in New Zealand. Are they trying to accomodate us in an unknown ground like Australia did when they hosted us in Darwin and Cairns.
Not a test venue as of yet. Will host their first test in Jan 08. Debut!!!
Old December 10, 2007, 04:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

lol hahahahahahaha muhahahahahahaa ur damn funny man....right on.
PS: i hope we dont play in that pitch!!
Old December 10, 2007, 04:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Unfortunately the one whose chowal I want fatafied (mr "dhaka is only good for pirated dvds") retired!
Old December 10, 2007, 04:23 PM
Test Cricketer

this is not right
they r gonnna give us a grazing field and try to humiliate us
Old December 10, 2007, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Why are we discussing same issue in two different threads?

Onno shomoi dekhi similar na hole o thread merge hoye jai.. ar ekhon dekhi tar puro ultota....
Old December 10, 2007, 04:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Threads merged - Mod
Old December 11, 2007, 02:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Do they want to kill us? Here is an article from Cricinfo:
Review completed after disastrous domestic match
New Zealand Cricket backs University Oval
Cricinfo staff
December 11, 2007
New Zealand Cricket has backed Dunedin's University Oval to produce a Test-quality pitch within the next four weeks. The ground hosted a State Championship match that finished within two days last week as 34 wickets tumbled in quick time.
Concerns were raised about whether a suitable pitch could be prepared for the New Zealand-Bangladesh Test that Dunedin is scheduled to host starting on January 4. However, NZC has completed a review following the domestic match and made recommendations on how the curators could ensure the ground was ready for the Test.
"Tight control of moisture content and grass density were identified as key factors in producing a good Test surface," Justin Vaughan, NZC's chief executive, said. "NZC and the Otago Cricket Association will be working hard to produce the best possible wicket.
"We are committed to the development of the University Oval as an international venue and are delighted with the ongoing support from the Dunedin City Council. We shall continue to work with the council to ensure that the pitch is up to international standard and will be closely monitoring its progress."
Auckland's coach Mark O'Donnell pulled no punches in his assessment of the pitch after his side lost to Otago in the two-day game. O'Donnell said: "If you'd put a Test attack on that surface you'd probably have killed someone once the divots dried out."
© Cricinfo
Old December 11, 2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Jei beta McMillan er high-profile chowal bhangte parbe taake ami 500 taka dibo. So who's it gonna be - Mashrafe or Shahadat?
Asif vai...just 500 Taka?!....Not even US dollar?!! Canadian dollar might motivate Shahadat better I guess!!
Old December 11, 2007, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

500 takai Bangladeshe ekhono chona-muri o paowa jai na.. damn.. asif bhai ki kipta