facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 12, 2005, 03:06 PM
Test Cricketer

An interesting article on next future for Australia:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/4239192.stm

Edited on, September 12, 2005, 8:06 PM GMT, by Xavier.

Old September 12, 2005, 04:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

you still have to admire the never say die attitiude from Australia.

England just hope you don't turn into India, Look what happened to them after they beat Australia.

Hey guys who do you think is the favorite in the Pak-Eng Series?

Good luck vs Pakistan
Old September 12, 2005, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Congrats to Rob and other hardcore English supporters.
Old September 12, 2005, 07:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
you still have to admire the never say die attitiude from Australia.
You are right, and that's why I would have liked a more tense ending... like Australia chasing 220 with 30 overs left: I guess we all would have gone nuts!
Old September 12, 2005, 08:01 PM
Test Cricketer

I am so happy!!! I heard ball by ball commentary of every single ashes series since 1986-87 and finally England have regained it.

Issh!!! mone hoy digombor hoye rastay proloy nritto nachi.

On second thought perhaps not.
Old September 12, 2005, 08:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Congratulations England! I guess the challenge would now be to retain the damn urn.
Old September 12, 2005, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

The Ashes has been Australia's for my entire life. I don't know what to feel
Old September 13, 2005, 03:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by James90
me too.....utterly devastated....its like loosing a loved one...

the trophy belongs to australia and it is where it will return in 2007......hopefully atleast....
Old September 13, 2005, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
I don't want to start a big arguement here. But I think the English press's views actually had a bit of something to back it up.
*cough*
Old September 13, 2005, 10:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Dudes have you heard that their were life threats on Gilchirst and Mcgrath!!!

ah, some people would do anything make its country win ,
hopefully he would be put behind the bars for a long time.
Old September 13, 2005, 10:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:
me too.....utterly devastated....its like loosing a loved one...

the trophy belongs to australia and it is where it will return in 2007......hopefully atleast....
Looking forward to 2007. Injury providing, England should have more or less the same side, whereas Australia are likely to be changed. I am expecting Shane Warne to still be playing, but not McGrath I don't think, he is getting injuries regularly now as his age goes on. If that is the case, Lee and Tait are going to have to step up. Gillespie and Kasprowicz will probably be retired as well having completely lost it.

And in the batting as well there will likely be changes. How quickly the new look Australia gel together will be crucial.
Old September 14, 2005, 09:08 AM
Test Cricketer

england is a team of [edited]

the other day i was reading about the bodyline and how they aimed those hard balls at the bodies and heads of aussie batsmen causing serious injury.....and skull faractures...

cheer on england.......coz thats the best you will ever get.....a hard earned victory every 19 years....

Edited on, September 14, 2005, 4:52 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: Please try to avoid posting about your personal hatred toward any country. Thanks.
Old September 14, 2005, 11:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
england is a team of []

the other day i was reading about the bodyline and how they aimed those hard balls at the bodies and heads of aussie batsmen causing serious injury.....and skull faractures...

cheer on england.......coz thats the best you will ever get.....a hard earned victory every 19 years....
The Bodyline series was the biggest winge ever. It wasn't all about aiming the ball at the bodies and heads of Australian batsman, maybe you should do some research.

The England captain knew that to win the Ashes, they had to deal with a little man called Bradman. So, he decided to tell his bowlers to bowl short on leg stump to a set of leg slips, as this was a percieved weakness of Bradman and the other Australian batsmen. A few batsmen got hit in the process accidentally.

England batsmen were regularly having teeth knocked out by the West Indies bowlers in the 80's , but they thought on their feet, got helmets made, and got on with it.

Maybe you should accuse the likes of Holding, Garner, Roberts, Marshall and Dennis Lillee of the same thing you are accusing England of in Bodyline.....

I must say tiger_man, there are enough sour grapes flowing from your mouth to float a cruise liner.....

Edited on, September 14, 2005, 5:02 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: quote edited.

Edited on, September 14, 2005, 5:05 PM GMT, by Rob.
Old September 14, 2005, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

18 months isn't that long at all. There won't be too many changes if you ask me.

Australia 2007
Jaques
Langer
*Ponting
M Hussey
Clarke
Watson
+Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Bracken
McGrath
-------------
Tait
White
Haddin
Johnson
Martyn

I think McGrath will either break down in the series or completely lose it. Warne will win the Ashes back for Australia and retire a happy man. Martyn will have just lost his place to Mike Hussey. Bracken and Tait will be fighting for the same place with Mitchell Johnson nipping at their heels. Cameron White will be ready to take over from Shane Warne after developing his game even more. Langer will have become one of the all-time greats and still has no thoughts of retiring.

England will probably be much the same with the exceptions of Bell, Geraint and Giles. Instead we'll see Joyce, Prior and Schofield? Perhaps Rob could give it a go
Old September 15, 2005, 01:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The Bodyline series was the biggest winge ever. It wasn't all about aiming the ball at the bodies and heads of Australian batsman, maybe you should do some research
actually i did and i dont think Bert Oldfield, the wickie at the time who had his skull fractured by harold larwood did in any way resemble don bradman......

for more information on bodyline tactics please go to the following link.....apparently you dont know the concept very well before accusing me for misconception....

bodyline link

Quote:
The England captain knew that to win the Ashes, they had to deal with a little man called Bradman. So, he decided to tell his bowlers to bowl short on leg stump to a set of leg slips, as this was a percieved weakness of Bradman and the other Australian batsmen. A few batsmen got hit in the process accidentally.
once again there was only one bradman in the team....to counter him you dont have to kill every single player....

and short of leg stump???? gosh you are really biased....those full toss balls came weezing like bullet....what do you suggest?? wear a bullet proof vest??

and about the few batsman being hit.....well dont tell me the english players dont know how to differentiate between bradman and the rest of the team.....

Quote:
England batsmen were regularly having teeth knocked out by the West Indies bowlers in the 80's , but they thought on their feet, got helmets made, and got on with it.
serves them right.....they invented it and should know how it feels to have that ball bang on your head......

Quote:
Maybe you should accuse the likes of Holding, Garner, Roberts, Marshall and Dennis Lillee of the same thing you are accusing England of in Bodyline.....
well i cant compare holding, garner, roberts etc with larwood and bill voce.....its a bit like comparing apple with oranges...

btw, if those 2 players were bowling today, they would be charged wth attempted manslaughter......

Quote:
I must say tiger_man, there are enough sour grapes flowing from your mouth to float a cruise liner.....
blah blah blah.......
atleast i backed my sour grape comment with facts...hope u can do the same....

Edited on, September 15, 2005, 7:11 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content: URL fixed.
Old September 15, 2005, 02:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am not being sour grapes.

I don't condone Bodyline at all, but that was all the way back in the 1930's. Times change. England are not cheats and I would like you to provide sufficent evidence to back up this shameful claim.

Why there is this irrational dislike for England I do not know, doesn't make much sense to me. I don't hold such a dislike for any other nation...
Old September 15, 2005, 02:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
18 months isn't that long at all. There won't be too many changes if you ask me.

Australia 2007
Jaques
Langer
*Ponting
M Hussey
Clarke
Watson
+Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Bracken
McGrath
-------------
Tait
White
Haddin
Johnson
Martyn

I think McGrath will either break down in the series or completely lose it. Warne will win the Ashes back for Australia and retire a happy man. Martyn will have just lost his place to Mike Hussey. Bracken and Tait will be fighting for the same place with Mitchell Johnson nipping at their heels. Cameron White will be ready to take over from Shane Warne after developing his game even more. Langer will have become one of the all-time greats and still has no thoughts of retiring.

England will probably be much the same with the exceptions of Bell, Geraint and Giles. Instead we'll see Joyce, Prior and Schofield? Perhaps Rob could give it a go
Schofield isn't even playing first class cricket anymore, so a test recall is certainly not 18 months away, if ever.

Bell will stay, he is better than what he showed in this series and will of learnt a lot from it. Giles will still be there because England have no one else.

There is still time for KP to fail and get dropped, if so Joyce will come in. I am not sure about Hoggard.

The keeper will probably of changed by fan, to Matt Prior in all likelyhood, so the XI would be:

Tresco; Strauss; Vaughan; Bell; KP / Joyce; Flintoff; Prior; Giles; ? ; S Jones ; ?

So as I said, more or less the same.
Old September 15, 2005, 04:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Why there is this irrational dislike for England I do not know, doesn't make much sense to me. I don't hold such a dislike for any other nation...
Rob, the irrational hatred of Britain and England in particular amongst peoples of the sub-continent is akin to the irrational hatred of the United States that you see everywhere else.

When it comes to England we sub-continentals think a lot like the Irish. What can I say. Back in 1982 I seemed to be the only one in Bangladesh who supported Britain during the Falklands campaign (when Argentina clearly was the aggressor) and I was only 11.

This is an interesting psychological phenomenon and deserves a thread of its own.
Old September 15, 2005, 09:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
who doesnt?
it irritates me to see them with nose high even with in defeat....and english commentators like boycott making those nasty remarks against bangladesh with his whinny accent.....
Old September 15, 2005, 11:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Rob, the irrational hatred of Britain and England in particular amongst peoples of the sub-continent is akin to the irrational hatred of the United States that you see everywhere else.

When it comes to England we sub-continentals think a lot like the Irish. What can I say. Back in 1982 I seemed to be the only one in Bangladesh who supported Britain during the Falklands campaign (when Argentina clearly was the aggressor) and I was only 11.

This is an interesting psychological phenomenon and deserves a thread of its own.
Thanks a lot Tony Blair Pillock! Spoling English relations with the world! Please do not associate me with that man!

And in responce to tiger_man, if your reason for hating England is because of what our media has been saying, then that is rather clutching at straws. Not even I take notice of that, rise above it would be my advice to you.

I certainly don't hold my nose up high with defeat, I prefer not to make excuses and talk about 'how great it was to take part' despite losing [vomits]. There are Brits that do it as you said, and that annoys me as well.

Edited on, September 15, 2005, 4:17 PM GMT, by Rob.