facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 3, 2010, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Siddons: Near Impossible to Advance, I don't think he's good at Math

Quote:
ST LUCIA: Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons could sugar-coat his team's predicament in the World Twenty20, but he is too straight a shooter.

They have virtually no chance of making the next stage of the tournament after Australia's emphatic win against Pakistan in St Lucia on Sunday, he conceded.

The Bangladeshis take on Australia in Barbados on Wednesday in the final Pool A match and would need to win by a huge margin to qualify for the Super Eights ahead of Pakistan, who defeated them by 21 runs in the first game.

'I think it's going to be near impossible for us to get through,'' Siddons told the Herald. ''It depends on the calculations - we'll have to sit down and work all of that out in the next day or two and figure out how much we need to win by. It's not going to be of any use winning and not have the right margin. We're going to need a reasonable run rate, that's for sure.''

''If Australia score near 200 again then forget it,'' said Siddons, who dared Australia to change their line-up and include an extra paceman on the quicker Barbados
pitch.

''They can't fit another paceman in there - if they do that weakens their batting so it's better for us.''
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...0503-u3tk.html

Old May 3, 2010, 12:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
"The Bangladeshis take on Australia in Barbados on Wednesday in the final Pool A match and would need to win by a huge margin to qualify for the Super Eights ahead of Pakistan, who defeated them by 21 runs in the first game."
This statement is made by the publisher not Siddons.

Quote:
'I think it's going to be near impossible for us to get through,'' Siddons told the Herald. ''It depends on the calculations - we'll have to sit down and work all of that out in the next day or two and figure out how much we need to win by. It's not going to be of any use winning and not have the right margin. We're going to need a reasonable run rate, that's for sure.''
This statement means that they didn't bother to calculate the margin of victory, most likely a reply to the above statement made in the form of a question.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Near impossible in beating the Australians. One do not have to be a mathematician to figure that one out. Unless warner and watson wants to be like Symond and get suspended.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

also i dont find a bowler like cook and carberry in aussie squad.

may be warner and haddin
Old May 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I think he is just drawing the Aussies into a trap, thinking we have already given up hope.

Or he may just be firing the boys up.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 3, 2010, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I think he is just drawing the Aussies into a trap, thinking we have already given up hope.

Or maybe he has really given up.
Old May 3, 2010, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

can we get some drinks and fishing pole near austrlian camp?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 3, 2010, 01:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Thats it lets do the bengali thing and give up before we even play them. An aussie comentator summed up why we have been so slow in progressing. He said that we look to contain from ball one rather than attack and be competitive. If we continue with the same loser mindset it wont matter how many more years we play we just wont improve Why has the Afgans improved at a drastic rate. Its because they are fearless and have the hunger to get better. We should walk out against the aussies and pin them down with determination. If we give them space to breathe with our lackluster easy-going pessimism then the game is already over.

Last edited by alibangali; May 3, 2010 at 01:38 PM..
Old May 3, 2010, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Attack them and lets see what happen.
Old May 3, 2010, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:

I love this reply ! I hope thats what its going thru in his mind. But if not, he aint all that wrong stating its near impossible to beat the aussies. I believe the approach should be playing positive cricket and not worry about RR at all. For all intents and puposes of our next game, putting up a fight should be enough for bangladesh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old May 3, 2010, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Excuses, Excuses and more excuses. We look and manifacture even the smallest details to justify our loss. Face it, Had BD beat Pakistan than their wudn't been any need of doing einstien calculations.
At one point we needed only 50 runs of 25 balls, That's 2 runs a ball to win. And we scundered that oppurtunity.
People say shakib's wicket was the turning point. I say it was mahmadulla's, Shakib and ash did their part and got us to that 50 of 25 balls situation. Yeah shakib was unfit and trowed his wicket away.
But what the hell did that mahmadullah do?
Cudn't even go for big shots or look for 2's. Just played lousy shot and got out without even damaging the scores. I don't wana talk about the next junks who came after that.
Go ahead say it wasn't easy, He needed to settle down, Blah blah etc.
We cudn't take our chance against a match and a team that we had more chace to win over. And here we are thinking the untinkable.
Beating australia by a big margin? Give me a break! We better of talking about the england tour. Our t20 campaign is over.
Old May 3, 2010, 02:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

i thought mahmudulla was our only bastman who didnt need time to settle in. I thought he could have a go from the first ball he faces. But alas he too starting to follow the suit, failing when the expectations are at high. he did that once and there was one vs england i think where he scored a duck at a crucial moment.
Talk about our team, its got to a point where its not about getting runs when most fails but scoring runs when everybody or most scored. Because thats when we have a genuine chance of winning.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old May 3, 2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
Or maybe he has really given up.
I think the same way. Siddons is the man.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 3, 2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Aftab, sakib, kapali, ash,nazimuddin, tamim-----aaah if I can put them together in one 2020 match

Old May 3, 2010, 04:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:

Rabz bhai you have said it. You definitely know how an Aussie thinks/talks more than us as you have lived in Australia for good few years.

I know most cricket nations use media to hype up a match/series but no one is better than Aussie when it comes to cricket.
Old May 3, 2010, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

We only needed 53 runs of 30 balls with 8 wickets intact. That's not even 2 runs a ball! We messed up royally!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
Excuses, Excuses and more excuses. We look and manifacture even the smallest details to justify our loss. Face it, Had BD beat Pakistan than their wudn't been any need of doing einstien calculations.
At one point we needed only 50 runs of 25 balls, That's 2 runs a ball to win. And we scundered that oppurtunity.
People say shakib's wicket was the turning point. I say it was mahmadulla's, Shakib and ash did their part and got us to that 50 of 25 balls situation. Yeah shakib was unfit and trowed his wicket away.
But what the hell did that mahmadullah do?
Cudn't even go for big shots or look for 2's. Just played lousy shot and got out without even damaging the scores. I don't wana talk about the next junks who came after that.
Go ahead say it wasn't easy, He needed to settle down, Blah blah etc.
We cudn't take our chance against a match and a team that we had more chace to win over. And here we are thinking the untinkable.
Beating australia by a big margin? Give me a break! We better of talking about the england tour. Our t20 campaign is over.

Old May 3, 2010, 05:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I think he meant that it going to near impossible if Australia come out score something like 200... so it really depends on the calculation/situation.
Old May 3, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Near Impossible ami bolbo naa....I have a good tight feeling about it. Fatafati ebar lagleo lagte pare!!
Old May 3, 2010, 06:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

@ Gunda, please do consider spell check
@ Topic at hand: Siddons has always been blunt. Why do get in a tizzy with everything he says when we know he is this way?
Old May 3, 2010, 06:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
Aftab, sakib, kapali, ash,nazimuddin, tamim-----aaah if I can put them together in one 2020 match

bd will be 89/5 in 6 overs
Old May 3, 2010, 07:12 PM
Test Cricketer

we need tamim, ash and shakib to really fire and the bs chokka naeem
Old May 3, 2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
bd will be 89/5 in 6 overs
and if we put naeem, riyadh, imrul, mushfiq and shuvo then bd will be 89/5 after 18 overs
Old May 3, 2010, 08:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

I’m really shocked to see the amount of people who are showing their support for JS in this thread.

Like CricFanBD, I’m following Bangladesh cricket team since early 90’s (1994 ICC trophy, to be precise) and definitely can see the progress Bangladesh is making now. However, I don’t have much faith on JS’s intellectual ability a coach.

JS may’ve been a good batting coach for BD, however, to my understanding, he’s got a very negative attitude towards certain things. He simply speaks from his mind (many people think that it’s the Australian ‘Bogan’ way of speaking, I’ve different opinion though) and a lot of people are thinking here that he’s being realistic and it’s a good thing!

Let me ask you one question guys: do you have/had a favourite teacher or a person who’s changed your lives, believed in your unique abilities and motivated you to pursue your dreams? Just compare that person with JS who’s making an statement in the Australian newspaper ''If Australia score near 200 again then forget it,'' source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...0503-u3tk.html

Dav Whatmore motivated the Sri Lankan team in such a way, that they became World Champions (from a minnow team in 1996). Compare that with Siddon’s cowardly attitude (sorry to say but I hate surrendering before the battle) when Zimbabwe has just shown us what can be done.

In terms of motivating the team positively or selecting the right batting order (according to the match situation), I’d give JS 2 out of 10.

From mystical Alchemy related scriptures I should quote “When you believe in Allah, believe in yourself and pursue your dream, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it in a mystical way.”
Old May 3, 2010, 08:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
and if we put naeem, riyadh, imrul, mushfiq and shuvo then bd will be 89/5 after 18 overs
also if we think positve .....

in first case BD can be 220/4 after 20

in second case BD can be 30/1 after 10 (slow and steady imrul and mushfiq), 50/2 after 15 (some urgency shown by set batsman mushfiq and some late hitting by very well set riadh and naeem 90/3 after 20
Old May 3, 2010, 11:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
also if we think positve .....

in first case BD can be 220/4 after 20
220/4 will come for sure one day, but it will come once out of probably 10 times. the other times the scorecard will read 30/5. 18/5. 45/5 and so on.