facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 4, 2010, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

The team who do not have ability to win a single match is thinking to beat mighty opponent on a particular margin. Funny!!!!!!

If we can win this match is enough for us. Anything better than that is only Fluke or Luck. Siddons does not expect anything or lost hope. He is practical.

Old May 4, 2010, 01:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
I’m really shocked to see the amount of people who are showing their support for JS in this thread.

Like CricFanBD, I’m following Bangladesh cricket team since early 90’s (1994 ICC trophy, to be precise) and definitely can see the progress Bangladesh is making now. However, I don’t have much faith on JS’s intellectual ability a coach.

JS may’ve been a good batting coach for BD, however, to my understanding, he’s got a very negative attitude towards certain things. He simply speaks from his mind (many people think that it’s the Australian ‘Bogan’ way of speaking, I’ve different opinion though) and a lot of people are thinking here that he’s being realistic and it’s a good thing!

Let me ask you one question guys: do you have/had a favourite teacher or a person who’s changed your lives, believed in your unique abilities and motivated you to pursue your dreams? Just compare that person with JS who’s making an statement in the Australian newspaper ''If Australia score near 200 again then forget it,'' source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...0503-u3tk.html

Dav Whatmore motivated the Sri Lankan team in such a way, that they became World Champions (from a minnow team in 1996). Compare that with Siddon’s cowardly attitude (sorry to say but I hate surrendering before the battle) when Zimbabwe has just shown us what can be done.

In terms of motivating the team positively or selecting the right batting order (according to the match situation), I’d give JS 2 out of 10.
Alchemist, well said and I do agree with you. In fact it reminds be of this inspirational story:
Quote:
The Japanese General Nabunaga decided to attack even though he had only one soldier to the enemy’s ten. He was sure he would win, but his soldiers were full of fear.
On the way to battle they stopped at a Shinto shrine. After praying in the shrine Nabunaga came out and said, ‘I shall now toss a coin. If it is heads, we shall win. If tails, we shall lose. Destiny will now reveal herself.”

He tossed the coin. It was heads. The soldiers were so keyed up for the fight that they wiped out the enemy.

Next day an aide said to Nabunaga, ‘No one can change destiny.” “Right”, said Nabunaga showing him a doubled coin that was heads on both sides.

Who makes Destiny?
However....I'd rather Siddons don't overhype our expectations only to see it deflated, while if he stays low key and we do outperform ourselves then it'd be a revelation.

Quote:
From mystical Alchemy related scriptures I should quote “When you believe in Allah, believe in yourself and pursue your dream, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it in a mystical way.”
Get ready, here comes blah.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 4, 2010, 02:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Get ready, here comes blah.
Was expecting more than a 'blah' from an enlightened soul like you.

If you are interested on some mystical texts on Alchemy (just in case), this is a good site: http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/index.htm

Really liked the story on Japanese General Nabunaga. Wonder if JS takes this approach, how would our cricketers respond.
Old May 4, 2010, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
can we get some drinks and fishing pole near austrlian camp?
Hahahaha...I think there are plenty. You know Windies is full of Islands and if few Aussies could go fishing or drinking then it would do good to us

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 4, 2010, 04:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Was expecting more than a 'blah' from an enlightened soul like you.
He was referring to me, just so we are clear, I am not a very enlightened soul.
Old May 4, 2010, 07:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
I’m really shocked to see the amount of people who are showing their support for JS in this thread.

Like CricFanBD, I’m following Bangladesh cricket team since early 90’s (1994 ICC trophy, to be precise) and definitely can see the progress Bangladesh is making now. However, I don’t have much faith on JS’s intellectual ability a coach.

JS may’ve been a good batting coach for BD, however, to my understanding, he’s got a very negative attitude towards certain things. He simply speaks from his mind (many people think that it’s the Australian ‘Bogan’ way of speaking, I’ve different opinion though) and a lot of people are thinking here that he’s being realistic and it’s a good thing!

Let me ask you one question guys: do you have/had a favourite teacher or a person who’s changed your lives, believed in your unique abilities and motivated you to pursue your dreams? Just compare that person with JS who’s making an statement in the Australian newspaper ''If Australia score near 200 again then forget it,'' source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...0503-u3tk.html

Dav Whatmore motivated the Sri Lankan team in such a way, that they became World Champions (from a minnow team in 1996). Compare that with Siddon’s cowardly attitude (sorry to say but I hate surrendering before the battle) when Zimbabwe has just shown us what can be done.

In terms of motivating the team positively or selecting the right batting order (according to the match situation), I’d give JS 2 out of 10.

From mystical Alchemy related scriptures I should quote “When you believe in Allah, believe in yourself and pursue your dream, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it in a mystical way.”
Me too .........

Like a poor homeless man, marries & leaves his children on the streets/dirts of the slums and they grow naturaly; later, the father will then claim he raised & a return in older age. if you look deep, he actualy have only taken the pleasure on that noght & later on his earning, the child alone had to bear the pain of growing. Responsible or not, he is the legal fathar

JS is doing the same. Extracting pleasure only. Responsible or not, he is the legal Coach.

Anyway, his statements never carried any weight ever, he had to take opposite positions on many of his own statements during his career, like the most celebration thread openers, after the matches are lost. Don't we know him by now. Allah has kept his Rizik with BD team, what can u do.
Old May 4, 2010, 07:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Like a poor homeless man, marries & leaves his children on the streets/dirts of the slums and they grow naturaly; later, the father will then claim he raised & a return in older age. if you look deep, he actualy have only taken the pleasure on that noght & later on his earning, the child alone had to bear the pain of growing. Responsible or not, he is the legal fathar
For describing a coach-player relation in a national team, I feel you have stretched it a bit far. National team is a place for professionals and everyone has his own responsibility, both players and coach.
Old May 4, 2010, 07:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
For describing a coach-player relation in a national team, I feel you have stretched it a bit far. National team is a place for professionals and everyone has his own responsibility, both players and coach.
Same is a family. Organizational principles work in similar manner. Players and family members both have their responsibilities/obligations to the org. You may not like it but, I used it, since I find it quiet similar. The situation we/I are/am in.

I see the irresponsibility part more vividly in both the cases, while they aren't hessitant to extract pleasure/benefit due to their position. It's a shame full act and I intentionaly brought in the premise of a family, because we expect that level of care and responsibility from a coach at this stage of our cricket.

Last edited by BANFAN; May 5, 2010 at 01:00 AM..
Old May 4, 2010, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

With the kind of pace attack the Aussies have, I seriously doubt if Bangladesh can get past 100 in 20 overs.. If Australia bats first we will loose by 70-80 runs if we bat first, then Aus will win by 9 wickets.

2009 was nice, we kept on playing WI A, ZIM, Kenya and other non competitive sides.. giving us many "wins"
Old May 4, 2010, 09:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

JS is the greatest idiot I have ever seen. He knows that he will make a poor team selection like last time and the team will lose eventually.

I think JS does not want good for our cricket. Infact, he has been giving more importance to the England test series than this tournament.

P.S If we lost by 7 runs, we would have just needed to manage a win with any margin. Curse you JS
Old May 4, 2010, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I think he is just drawing the Aussies into a trap, thinking we have already given up hope.

Or he may just be firing the boys up.
Very much possible.
Old May 4, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

In the first WC 20/20 in South Africa, I think that BD scored a little more than 100 runs against the Aussies. I hope that they score at least 120 runs.
Ireland scored 67 runs against the Windies, England scored 120 runs against Irelandwhen in the previous day, they scored 191 runs against the Windies. Anything can happen in a 20/20 game, very unpredictable, but no one has to be a genius to see that Australia will thrash BD. They have no mercy and always goes for the kill, that is the way they play. If BD can get Watson and Warner out early, then the damage will not be that bad.
Old May 4, 2010, 07:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
In the first WC 20/20 in South Africa, I think that BD scored a little more than 100 runs against the Aussies. I hope that they score at least 120 runs.
Ireland scored 67 runs against the Windies, England scored 120 runs against Irelandwhen in the previous day, they scored 191 runs against the Windies. Anything can happen in a 20/20 game, very unpredictable, but no one has to be a genius to see that Australia will thrash BD. They have no mercy and always goes for the kill, that is the way they play. If BD can get Watson and Warner out early, then the damage will not be that bad.
those games were played at unsporting pitches and unfavourable conditions. but today we are gonna play in a barabados wicket where ausse batting may become very easy against our bowling which will become 100% toothless.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

anyway i just checked some papers of BD and saw none of them clearly published what BD needs to do to qualify. most of them said its a complex equation and also most of them said difficult or nearly impossible based on what siddons said.

but actually we know its a very simple equation and we actually dont need to win by a big margin.

now if we compare the game as a fair coin toss, then our chance if wining is 50%. but as aussies are very strong, our chance of winning may be less than 10%.

but if given BD will win, then our chance of qualifying is more than 90%, because the margin is not high.

anyway there could be two resons Siddons lying or hiding the truth.

1. the team are planning an upset secretly but does not want to say it in public, like they said they are targetting pakis.

2. they know they wont be able to win. so why increase hopes of people by telling that its not a tough task to qualify. they just want fans not be hopeful by keeping them in dark about the real facts to qualify.

just consider, if actaually this group contained india instead of BD. and today india needed to win by 10-12+ runs or chased down 160-200 in 19.1-18.2 overs. then 95% people of the world would have given india 95% chance to qualify. you would have seen all papers and webistes publishing more than two articles on what india needs to do. the fact is, its not india, its bangladesh. thats why people are not bothered to calculate the simple maths as they know BD will never win.
Old May 5, 2010, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The mathes is not so difficult as one might think. If Australia score 200, we need to chase it down in 19.1 overs.

Our rr. = (151+201)/39.17 = 8.98
opps rr. = (172+200)/40 = 9.3

our nrr. = -.32 > - .325 (Paki's nrr)

To do the same, if we bat first and score 150, we need to restrict Australia below 142.

The big question here is if we can win or not. The margin does not need to be huge.
Old May 5, 2010, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
The mathes is not so difficult as one might think. If Australia score 200, we need to chase it down in 19.1 overs.

Our rr. = (151+201)/39.17 = 8.98
opps rr. = (172+200)/40 = 9.3

our nrr. = -.32 > - .325 (Paki's nrr)

To do the same, if we bat first and score 150, we need to restrict Australia below 142.

The big question here is if we can win or not. The margin does not need to be huge.
Is there anyone who can send this information to the team in WI? They need to know it.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 5, 2010, 04:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

^^^ and to the reporters as well as.

They just seems to have no info about these things rather they are trying to make gossip stories. Not a single report from the Bangladeshi reporters have mention this in their reports.
Old May 5, 2010, 05:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
^^^ and to the reporters as well as.
They just seems to have no info about these things rather they are trying to make gossip stories. Not a single report from the Bangladeshi reporters have mention this in their reports.
I should stop buying newspaper. Apart from some front page and editorial page they just publish some copy-paste news from other news agencies. Still there are no professionalism for newspaper in a country with population of 160+ million

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old May 5, 2010, 07:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

As someone very familiar with the Aussie culture, I think he's just saying it as it is ...the reason being ( i really hope) if we start thinking about winning by any margin from the start of the game we'd lose for sure..by saying what he did, the players will realise their deficiencies, and thus take all the pressure off them...hopefully, the better ones will at least want to show that we do belong in this competition even if we get kicked out and then deliver their best, pressure-free. Sure, we have very little chance, but I just wanna see them try. Giving up will be pathetic.