facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 31, 2010, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
The part you quoted doesn't even talk about Sakib's bowling!
Uh, sorry bout that. I meant this part:

Sakib can only hope to be a bowler like Vettori.

Old December 31, 2010, 11:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Where is the dispute ?

Shakib has a better form than vetori at the moment, with both bat and ball. Vetori has a long successful career that shakib can dream to achieve and can even dream higher.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Where is the dispute ?

Shakib has a better form than vetori at the moment, with both bat and ball. Vetori has a long successful career that shakib can dream to achieve and can even dream higher.
Vettori too was in form but he is just an average batsmen in odi

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old December 31, 2010, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Uh, sorry bout that. I meant this part:

Sakib can only hope to be a bowler like Vettori.
See below. Don't just judge a sentence without proper context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Where is the dispute ?

Ditto. Form is NOT the same as ability. An ordinary batsman in good form can score a couple of centuries, but that doesn't make him better than Tendulkar or Ponting. I don't mean to say Sakib is an ordinary bowler. He's the best WE have. All I mean to say is that Sakib can only hope that his bowling improves consistently when he stays in the international arena as long as Vettori.
Old December 31, 2010, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Shakib is musch better batsman comparing to Vettori, only thing Shakib played lesser than Vettory!!

Shakib:
Vettori:

source:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...yer/56143.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...yer/38710.html
Career average doesnt matter. Vettori started as a bowler but in recent years has averaged in the 40's with the bat.
Old December 31, 2010, 07:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Daniel Vettori is a great player, he has the skills, energy and experience. At this stage comparing him with Sakib isn't fair. Dunt look at the stats unless they are significantly different (which they are not) because if u look at stats, aftab would be in the main xi!!!!
The way Sakib is cruising, he will reach the position Vettori is right now, lot quicker. But Sakib is far from it as of this point.

Old December 31, 2010, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Career average doesnt matter. Vettori started as a bowler but in recent years has averaged in the 40's with the bat.
Not in odi he is quite ordinary in odi with the bats : zero century and only 4 fifty after 263 odi , he is more likely an Harbajan singh with the bats

but i recons in test he is performing really well with the bat

Old December 31, 2010, 08:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It really disgusts me when people rate Shakib's bowling so badly. I'm a member of quite a few forums and majority of the NZers I have seen rates Shakib's bowling higher. Shakib can get the ball to turn visciously despite being a SLA and his round arm action (which means less flight, obv).

Also reckon Shakib's test batting is worse than Vettori atm.
Bangladeshis tend to play down their own achievements when confronted by someone they see as superior. Of course, this may seem a generalisation, but I can't tell you how often I've seen this happen. Shakib > Vettori in all aspects for me.
Old December 31, 2010, 08:58 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Not sure why there's a comparison happening between Sakib and Vettori. Compare apples with apples.

Sakib can only hope to be a bowler like Vettori. Vettori can only dream to be a batsman like Sakib. Sakib is a batsman with talent, while Vettori is a batsman with experience (think Pollock). Sakib has a lot to learn about captaincy. Vettori has been time tested, and he stands there as an auto-approved choice as a captain. Sakib has only recently earned that respect, but hasn't been tested all that much.

IMO, it's only foolish to compare the two as if they're the same category of players. Vettori's towards the end of his career, while Sakib is only starting his.
exactly..vettory has experience and maturity at his side..where shakib is just starting to be one of the best..its not right time to compare these two...when shakib reaches vetty's age we'll see where he stands..IMO he will be much better..
Old December 31, 2010, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Bangladeshis tend to play down their own achievements when confronted by someone they see as superior. Of course, this may seem a generalisation, but I can't tell you how often I've seen this happen. Shakib > Vettori in all aspects for me.
Ok. Shakib as a test batsman is still behind Vettori imo. The potential is there obviously, his temperament is not test class yet. In ODIs obviously Shakib pwns vettori.
Old December 31, 2010, 10:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
exactly..vettory has experience and maturity at his side..where shakib is just starting to be one of the best..its not right time to compare these two...when shakib reaches vetty's age we'll see where he stands..IMO he will be much better..
Watching them might help as well. I've watched Vettori since his early days, and I can say Shakib is easily the better bowler than Vettori. Dunno if he may play enough tests even to surpass Vettu's record, but still for me Shakib>Vettori as a bowler. Can't recall Vettori bowling destructive spells like Shakib did. On a turning wicket, Shakib can run through sides, but Vettori just relies on Variations mainly.
Old January 1, 2011, 08:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I agree with shakibrulz here.

Shakib >>> Vettori - Test bowling
Shakib = Vettori - ODI bowling (Vettori might just be a tiny bit ahead)
Vettori >>> Shakib - Test batting
Shakib >>>>> Vettori - ODI batting
Old January 2, 2011, 04:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^ya,their strength & weakness are opposite to each other.
Old January 2, 2011, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I agree with shakibrulz here.

Shakib >>> Vettori - Test bowling
Shakib = Vettori - ODI bowling (Vettori might just be a tiny bit ahead)
Vettori >>> Shakib - Test batting
Shakib >>>>> Vettori - ODI batting
Yes, atleast as of now, it's like this.
Old January 2, 2011, 07:19 AM
Banned

why is it so hard to stick to the topics? ^^

anywayz, tamim would defintly walkinto any side as an opening batsmen except for maybe india, But i am still not convinced with shakibs batting, although very effective with the way he plays, his bowling is what makes up for the rest. so ya pretty legit argument from siddons.

and i think many of us are overrating shakib as an alrounder. yes hes good, but hes still no kalis,imran khan,sobers or even neil jhonson(not sure if i am saying his name right, but he used bat as an opening batsmen and bowl as an opening bowler with streak)

Last edited by Acura_tl88; January 2, 2011 at 07:25 AM..
Old January 2, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura_tl88
why is it so hard to stick to the topics? ^^

anywayz, tamim would defintly walkinto any side as an opening batsmen except for maybe india, But i am still not convinced with shakibs batting, although very effective with the way he plays, his bowling is what makes up for the rest. so ya pretty legit argument from siddons.

and i think many of us are overrating shakib as an alrounder. yes hes good, but hes still no kalis,imran khan,sobers or even neil jhonson(not sure if i am saying his name right, but he used bat as an opening batsmen and bowl as an opening bowler with streak)
Would walk into most sides as purely a spinner, his batting is a massive bonus. So safe to say that anyone would kill to have Shakib in their team.
And Shakib>>>>Neil Johnson.
Old January 2, 2011, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Would walk into most sides as purely a spinner, his batting is a massive bonus. So safe to say that anyone would kill to have Shakib in their team.
And Shakib>>>>Neil Johnson.
warne,murali,saqlain are what you call purly spinner , shakib is little bit above bits and piece sppiner. gradewise if those 3 mention above were 100, shakib is somewhere between 65-70. but then again thats not the argument.and he is slightly above bits and piece batsmen aswell, so like i said he makes up for it.
Old January 2, 2011, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura_tl88
warne,murali,saqlain are what you call purly spinner , shakib is little bit above bits and piece sppiner. gradewise if those 3 mention above were 100, shakib is somewhere between 65-70. but then again thats not the argument.and he is slightly above bits and piece batsmen aswell, so like i said he makes up for it.
What the hell? So you got to be as good as Warne, Murali, Saqlain to be called a spinner? What I said was he would walk into any side just as a spinner FYI. Should maybe read before replying.

And if Warne was 100, and Shakib is 70 now, that means he is a top quality spinner for gods sake. Not that we have better spinners bowling now. And funny you call him a bits and pieces spinner, check his averages after he became a regular bowler and would be interested to know how many young spinners has 5 wickets against all the oppositions faced?

And though I don't rate his batting that highly, calling his batting bits and pieces is a disgrace. What I call a bits and pieces player is Jadeja, Doherty, etc. Shakib is quality. If you don't realize, then you don't know jack about cricket.

I rest my case.
Old January 2, 2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
What the hell? So you got to be as good as Warne, Murali, Saqlain to be called a spinner? What I said was he would walk into any side just as a spinner FYI. Should maybe read before replying.

And if Warne was 100, and Shakib is 70 now, that means he is a top quality spinner for gods sake. Not that we have better spinners bowling now. And funny you call him a bits and pieces spinner, check his averages after he became a regular bowler and would be interested to know how many young spinners has 5 wickets against all the oppositions faced?

And though I don't rate his batting that highly, calling his batting bits and pieces is a disgrace. What I call a bits and pieces player is Jadeja, Doherty, etc. Shakib is quality. If you don't realize, then you don't know jack about cricket.

I rest my case.
i dont know jack about cricket because my opinion is different than yours?

you sound like some hs kid and your also delusional. i stay stick to dreaming about shakib everynight.
Old January 2, 2011, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What the hell? So you got to be as good as Warne, Murali, Saqlain to be called a spinner? What I said was he would walk into any side just as a spinner FYI. Should maybe read before replying..
What he said.

Not rating a spinner as Test-quality because he isnt Shane Warne is Ricky Ponting-level stupidity.

Acura, read the topic. Its not about best their ever were, it's not even about World-class. Its about who playing for Bangladesh could get in the Australian side.

Spinners : Sakib, Razzaq, Mahmadullah all have better records than Beer or Doherty. And are better. And in the case of two of them, can bat.

Quicks : Shaiful and Rubel would be in the mix, but probably wouldnt get in ahead of the incumbents. Shahadat is like Mitchell Johnson, only less deadly when on song.

Keeper : Nope

Batsman : Tanim for sure. Others have the same issues as Shaiful and Rubel (and for that matter, Australian Shield batsmen, whose exploits at first class level dont seem to count).

Ian Whitchurch
Old January 2, 2011, 04:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Its great to see siddons stating this. Shows he has great belief in our players. Shakib would make any test squad and tamim would make any test squad as well. Just wish all our other players we could say the same about but unfortunately that's not the case. Gotta hope that some of the others become super stars as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 4, 2011, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Not in odi he is quite ordinary in odi with the bats : zero century and only 4 fifty after 263 odi , he is more likely an Harbajan singh with the bats

but i recons in test he is performing really well with the bat

I was talking abput test but in ODI Shakib is in a different class with the bat