facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 12, 2012, 10:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Agree with Nekre's point.

On the same note, I am very proud of Bangladesh and Bengali Muslims in general. With such a big Muslim popultion, there has been almost no jongibad activities. It happens in PAK, AFG daily and all other large Muslim countries like Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey, and other ME had similar attacks few times in the year. I believe we are the mainstream moderate Muslims that follows religion while also have a very vibrant civic and cultural mindset. We can be the example of moderate Muslims.
indeed, that's something that also makes me feel really proud of being a BDeshi muslim.
hope it gets better if possible.

Old September 12, 2012, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Intolerance is rooted in our culture, true, but does it stem from ignorance? Or does it stem from the emotional nature of our people that fuels the propensity to feel victimized and thereby sorry for oneself? Or is it just inferiority complex?

Hard to tell, when intolerance is directed not only towards other nationalities/races, but even our very own, i.e. Bangladeshis of minority faith, darker skin tones, other districts/divisions than one's own.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Inferiority complex. That's why we big up even the most mundane.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Point me to a time in Islam where you think the Quran was followed and there was no violence and bloodshed. Academic sources, please - not religious anecdotes or hadiths.
you know i wise friend of mine once told me no points talking with an Atheist, you cant win an argument with him, rather he'll show you some points that your own faith could get disturbed, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

so have a good day sir, i wont waste my time arguing with you about Quran, no point replying anything to me i have ignored you
Old September 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Because we are illiterate !!! Not talking about the institutional education.. We are literally "kupmonduk" .. The way we percieve Quran or any religious books is just so wrong.. We just don't beyond those verses or try to understand the true message of our creator..
Old September 12, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
you know i wise friend of mine once told me no points talking with an Atheist, you cant win an argument with him, rather he'll show you some points that your own faith could get disturbed, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

so have a good day sir, i wont waste my time arguing with you about Quran, no point replying anything to me i have ignored you
Yup totally agree thtz what I said to one of my family member who seem to losing his faith in religion recently.. I just told him to read n know more and asked him not to discuss anything with me as more often than not we get into a fight..and I am doing my own research to know more.. It's better that way..The way we fight over religion is just childish as it's totally a personal matter..
Old September 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Banned

The Glorious Qur'an, the revealed word of Almighty Allah to His last and greatest Prophet, Muhammad (s.a.w.), is the source of all divine laws and has given humanity a perfect system of life and a code of well-defined ethical values. Every Muslim knows that he is obliged to apply Qur'anic instructions in his daily life and refer to them for guidance. Numerous verses of the Holy Qur'an spotlight the lofty position of the Ahlul-Bait, directing and exhorting the Muslims to adhere to their path.

How many follow this in truth?
Old September 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Point me to a time in Islam where you think the Quran was followed and there was no violence and bloodshed. Academic sources, please - not religious anecdotes or hadiths.
The Golden Age was a period of unrivaled intellectual activity in all fields: science, technology, and (as a result of intensive study of the Islamic faith) literature - particularly biography, history, and linguistics. Scholars, for example, in collecting and reexamining the hadith, or "traditions" - the sayings and actions of the Prophet

Read the full text on:
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ihame/sec7.htm

---
The Muslim period in Spain is often described as a 'golden age' of learning where libraries, colleges, public baths were established and literature, poetry and architecture flourished. Both Muslims and non-Muslims made major contributions to this flowering of culture.

read the full text on:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi.../spain_1.shtml
---
Old September 12, 2012, 11:58 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

IMO: The world is liberal, but our religion is not. Hence we fight against the world
Old September 12, 2012, 12:01 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Are you talking about religious education? Because there are too many with decent academic backgrounds who still harbor extremist views.
Education is education, regardless of religious or not. And it has nothing to do with the degree or background.

Education is what give you the knowledge of picking right from wrong and good from bad.
Old September 12, 2012, 12:03 PM
Administrator

What if the core of your beliefs are centered on something inherently bad?
Old September 12, 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashani-BD
The Golden Age was a period of unrivaled intellectual activity in all fields: science, technology, and (as a result of intensive study of the Islamic faith) literature - particularly biography, history, and linguistics. Scholars, for example, in collecting and reexamining the hadith, or "traditions" - the sayings and actions of the Prophet

Read the full text on:
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ihame/sec7.htm

---
The Muslim period in Spain is often described as a 'golden age' of learning where libraries, colleges, public baths were established and literature, poetry and architecture flourished. Both Muslims and non-Muslims made major contributions to this flowering of culture.

read the full text on:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi.../spain_1.shtml
---
Yeah, whatever. That was more than 1000 years ago, and more than 700 years ago respectively. Muslims love living in the past, and turning a blind eye to the 'Jahiliyya' of the present. Man up!
Old September 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I can tell you one thing, The Quran or Hadith has nothing to do with it. Miss-explanation of it (knowing and unknowing) is a big part.

A lot of it comes from illiteracy. Illiterate people are easy to manipulate. Of course the question comes who manipulates them and why. And trying to explain that is so complex, I can't even start on it (as much of it as I know).

".
The Biggest joke I've ever heard.
Old September 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Quite a nonsensical question.
Old September 12, 2012, 12:26 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

I have also one simple question.. Why specifically pointing out one specific religion??
Just dont tell me people of other religion are not violent and intolerant..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 12, 2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
I have also one simple question.. Why specifically pointing out one specific religion??

So What if other religions are? That becomes a different topic. This thread is about why are Muslims this way? Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace, no?
Old September 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Yeah, whatever. That was more than 1000 years ago, and more than 700 years ago respectively. Muslims love living in the past, and turning a blind eye to the 'Jahiliyya' of the present. Man up!
Alhamduillah, I would encourage you to visit Iraq or Palestine to visit the many family's that has lost children that are less than 6 months, 6 years, 6 days old. I can swear on the name of Allah that those innocent children or human that are being killed becuase they are muslim's as Allah Say's they are killed because they have belief in me. I don't see people refering to those murderers of innocent children's as Jewish or Christians?, why is it when a muslim does something, we jump on like locust?, I can assure you that if Leaders like Abu Bakr, Osman, Ali, Omar was alive in this generation, I can not imagine many muslim's blood being poured on this land. Our muslims leader's are relaxing and making money, while we people without much research or study make some point while relaxing our butt at home. Inshallah we shall wait for The leader Al Mehdi and real muslims never kill unless it attacks allah or the belief.
Old September 12, 2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf

Why bother with others!!!?
Old September 12, 2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
The Biggest joke I've ever heard.
Living in a fish's world!?
Old September 12, 2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Alhamduillah, I would encourage you to visit Iraq or Palestine to visit the many family's that has lost children that are less than 6 months, 6 years, 6 days. I can swear on the name of Allah that those innocent children or human that are being killed becuase they are muslim's as Allah Say's they are killed because they have belief in me. I don't see people refering to those murderers of innocent children's as Jewish or Christians?, why is it when a muslim does something, he jump on like locust?, I can assure you that if Leaders like Abu Bakr, Osman, Ali, Omar was alive in this generation, I can not imagine many muslim's blood being poured on this land.
Sorry, but your logic is just bullshit. Hazrat Omar (RA) and Hazrat Ali (RA) were both murdered and their blood was spilt under their reign.

But anyway, see previous page for my reference. You're taking a hypocritical moral high ground by pointing out irrelevant, other factors that the perpetrators of violence use all the time to defend their actions. Fact of the matter is, you defend violence with more violence. You dont solve any problems. Only creating more hate, and more death. In your case of Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine they're three fine examples where Muslims and Arabs have screwed over their own people more than anyone else. Their leaders and people have sacrificed what exactly for whom?

Regardless, stop conflating issues, grow a pair and call a spade a spade. Muslims were violent and killed a US diplomat who aided the very Muslim Libyans get rid of a Quranic Firaun. For what end? and without a single thought for the consequences! Really now!
Old September 12, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Alhamduillah, I would encourage you to visit Iraq or Palestine to visit the many family's that has lost children that are less than 6 months, 6 years, 6 days old. I can swear on the name of Allah that those innocent children or human that are being killed becuase they are muslim's as Allah Say's they are killed because they have belief in me. I don't see people refering to those murderers of innocent children's as Jewish or Christians?, why is it when a muslim does something, we jump on like locust?, I can assure you that if Leaders like Abu Bakr, Osman, Ali, Omar was alive in this generation, I can not imagine many muslim's blood being poured on this land. Our muslims leader's are relaxing and making money, while we people without much research or study make some point while relaxing our butt at home. Inshallah we shall wait for The leader Al Mehdi and real muslims never kill unless it attacks allah or the belief.

Iraqis and Palestinians killed were not killed because they were Muslims; Christians among them were killed as well, in case of Israel-Palestine it has morphed into a racial conflict more than religious. As for Iraq, the US attacked for their own interests.

and maybe you can enlighten us as to how many were killed by Americans and how many died killing each other (in Iraq) ?

We can speak about all that but of course it will be a bit difficult if you take up the bait of "war on Islam" which is BS to say the least .
Old September 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

"Sorry, but your logic is just bullshit. Hazrat Omar (RA) and Hazrat Ali (RA) were both murdered and their blood was spilt under their reign".

where do you see violence in my post?

why did Hazrat Omar & Hazrat Ali get killed, was it not becuase they spoke and stood up for the muslims and the teaching of prophet Muhammed?
Old September 12, 2012, 12:52 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
So What if other religions are? That becomes a different topic. This thread is about why are Muslims this way? Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace, no?
yes.. Islam supposed to be a religion of peace.. But so is every other religion..right?? From the 1st post its seems like to me except muslims everyone is generous..thats why i asked that question..Im not defending anyone..
On topic : There are lots of reason for this.. But the main reason is Humanity is declining..

Old September 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Iraqis and Palestinians killed were not killed because they were Muslims; Christians among them were killed as well, in case of Israel-Palestine it has morphed into a racial conflict more than religious. As for Iraq, the US attacked for their own interests.

and maybe you can enlighten us as to how many were killed by Americans and how many died killing each other (in Iraq) ?

We can speak about all that but of course it will be a bit difficult if you take up the bait of "war on Islam" which is BS to say the least .
respond to the people of burma, the muslims in burma, if you believe that Iraqi and Palestinains were killed for some other reason. The killing in Burma, why no one speaking up, where is the so called USA, why they are not being refered as x religion people done the killing?
Old September 12, 2012, 12:54 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
What if the core of your beliefs are centered on something inherently bad?
Asking me?

Possible, of course, if asked in a "what if" way. But you will have to point out then, how (burden of proof going on to who is implying it).