facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 13, 2004, 03:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bangladesh\'s 6 dropped catches and Jeromy Lloyd\'s lbw decisions

Bangladesh threw away the match because of the following
1. Pathetic batting by most of the top order
2. Six dropped catches including two when tendulkar was at 28 and 47. At least 4 of those dropped catches were below international standards. If atleast 2 of those catches were taken india’s ist innings could not have passed 300 mark may around 250 or so.
3. Missed easy run out opportunity when india’s score was 350's.
4. When zahir khan came at 10th wicket. He looked uncomfortable at the beginning. He should have been given bouncer. Usually, fast bowlers unless they are all-rounder have hard time playing another fast bowler when they are new in the crease. But once he is ettled, that is a different story
5. Some controversial lbw decision were given against Bangladesh. It was the case atleast for ashraful and nafis, The decisions were marginal and could be debated. Top umpires donot give lbw's unless they are certain 100%. Jeremy Lloyd should have asked for replay but he decided not to. In addition, during India’s innings when zaheer khan was batting, one rafiq's lbw appeal (replay was very clear) was turned down by the same umpire I believe. Jeremy is an young umpire but Bangladesh should atleast officially speak out about those lbw’s. Just because you are an inexperienced team does not mean that, you just accept it silently
6. BD top order except for nafis may be failed to play in backfoot to defend pathan’s brilliant bowling which were bouncy but in length and line

Bangladesh cricket team should have a lesson learned session and come up with an action plan before the next game.

Old December 13, 2004, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by al
Bangladesh cricket team should have a lesson learned session and come up with an action plan before the next game.
Good point!

The only problem is they are suffering from learning disability.
Old December 13, 2004, 05:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Unless I've missed a huge development in international cricket you can't get a replay for LBWs!

Whilst I'm not a hue lloyds fan, at th very least he's honest.

Perhaps the BD batsmen need to look long and hard at their technique and not just plant the front foot on middle and off and try and work around their pad.
Old December 13, 2004, 07:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Jeremy Lloyds is now umpiring test matches! Good god, I remember him as fringe county player for Gloucestershire. And he was also cricket professional at a school I once taught at. Apparently a rather difficult bloke, only really interested in the top 3 players in the school. His contract wasn't renewed. And he was replaced by Andy Flower the next year, who was a very pleasant bloke.
Old December 13, 2004, 11:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

There is technology that will stop wrong decisions... why not use it?
Old December 14, 2004, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

if the technology is used then there will be nothing called one day cricket. it will always be two day cricket. because aibhabe jodi replay dekhaite thake tahole ak doler batting shesh kortai shondha hoye ashbe.
Old December 14, 2004, 12:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes, i agree with RidwanBhai, use of technology will delay games unneccessarily! the ear piece is a good idea.
Old December 14, 2004, 01:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well, you don't use the technology for every move every ball. Use it when you need it like lbw's, stumps, run outs. Its upto the umpires to ask for it.. In other test series, i have seen it used. it does not delay test matches
Old December 14, 2004, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

then why bother to have umpires at the ground at all?
Old December 14, 2004, 10:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think we're being unfair to Jeremy.Maybe he was a mediocre player but he's a decent umpire.The problem is that we're so used to seeing umpires giving the benefit of the doubt to the batsmen, we get a shock to see umpires like Lloyds favouring bowlers.Keep in mind that in the last test, he was consistently (and that's the key word) giving decisions in the favour of the bowlers.Shewag and Laxman's dismissals were controversial too but I guess no one talks about them in this board.
Old December 15, 2004, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

well i think that silva guy that srilanka is far wrose than jeremy.
Old December 24, 2004, 12:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

We need to look at the consistency of the decisions by the umpires. Ashoka De Silava wasn't consistent and thus was dropped from teh Elite Panel of Umpires!
About Jeremy- i haven't seen any of the games- but as long as he's fair to the bowlers like Samircreep mentioned then i don't think we should criticise him any further!
We lost simply becoz we didn't play to our potential- is that so difficult to admit?
Old December 25, 2004, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Jeromy Lloyds is the worst umpire around. He is umpiring in the Aus v Pakistan boxing day test and he gave out Yasir hameed when the ball pitched outside off. Hit him above the knee role and was going over the stumps by around 3 or 4 inches. poor decision