facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 23, 2004, 10:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Default Bad News for Mahmud Haters

Unfortunately for ChaCha haters, ChaCah just consolidated his position for the remaining BAN-IND series. If he continue to perform the way he did in Chittagong, he will definitely be selected for the ZIM-BAN one day series.

If you are for 'experienced player', he has it.
If you consider past success, he has it.
If you consider 'mamu' backing in higher up, he has it.
If you are looking for hard-working motivating player, he is the one.

Now lets see what he have done in the last match.

Bowling: 10 0 43 1. Not bad. At least it’s an above average performance by Bangladeshi standard. Now if you consider two dropped catches (one simple one by Bashar, and one hard one by Pilot) and two fours that passed the slip due to no fielder in the slip, the picture looks much brighter.

Batting: 21 run from 17 balls & SR: 123.53? WOW!. And this was the 4th best individual score! Not bad at all.

So still why people hate ChaCha?

Is it beacuse his fielding?
Is it beacuse his age?
Is it beacuse his all-round figure?

I see too many Rajin, Alok, Bashar, Pilot fans (even some Hannan fans) spontaneously defend their idol in their lean times. But where are those ChaCha fans even after his good (ok at least above average) performance? If you are a Mahmud fan, COME OUT of the closet, celebrate !!!

As for me, I am not a fan of ChaCha nor am I a ChaCha hater! But don’t mind celebrating ChaCha’s another good performance!!

Good job ChaCha Good Job!!!

Edited on, December 23, 2004, 3:30 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Old December 23, 2004, 10:30 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

It was certainly Sujon's day today. As his fan, what I would like to say is that he could have done much better than he has, as the pitch conditions were ideally suited for his kind of bowling.
Old December 23, 2004, 10:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Most definetly Chacha has a great heart. He bowls really clever in ODI's and seems to have a lot of bad luck.

Well done chacha!!
Old December 23, 2004, 10:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

I was chaha hater only when he was the captain and playing tests.... but in ODI he is da man....as always....

u go chacha
Old December 23, 2004, 11:02 AM
Banned

I think some of the Chacha haters here are of his age (mid 30s kinda) and are just either jealous or allow their biased and very rigid thought process get the better of their intellect (or lack of).
Old December 23, 2004, 12:08 PM
BC Editorial Team

I am a Chacha fan too

>> Is it beacuse his all-round figure?

His personality could be a reason. For instance, Mashrafe look like a fast bowler, Bashar and Ashraful look like batsmen; Chacha hasn't got that personality. He doesn't have the 'look' of a cricketer. So it is easy to underestimate him.

Edited on, December 23, 2004, 5:18 PM GMT, by Tintin.
Old December 23, 2004, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

I officially ask for forgiveness from Chacha. You have the kind of attitude we need more of. If only you were 1 foot taller you would have been a legend.
Old December 23, 2004, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
I think some of the Chacha haters here are of his age (mid 30s kinda) and are just either jealous or allow their biased and very rigid thought process get the better of their intellect (or lack of).
Yes, Pundit, I am one of those middle aged Chacha haters on this board. I have a size 78 waste from sitting around on my couch, hating Chacha all night long. Everytime I hate my Chacha on my couch, I feel my intellect slipping away. I am a communist Chacha hater to boot, my politics questionable.

You, on the other hand, are a lean mean cricket machine. You are a stud. You have been scoring brilliant runs in H_fan's simulation games, and you are a certified Chacha lover. You are flexible, able to take other people's opinions and process them judicously. You have a deep analytical mind, and we salute you. You're special.

Oh, and you are only 17, you young thing, you!

Sujon was very responsible today. No one hates Chacha, everyone wants him to stand up and deliver since he has so much experience. If Chacha does well, that's fine and good for the team - but at least don't play Chacha and Mushfiq at the same time as they are similar type players. I'd like to see more performances like today's from Sujon - that was great.

Edited on, December 23, 2004, 6:47 PM GMT, by rafiq.
Old December 23, 2004, 01:47 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I used to be a Chacha basher (ONLY in tests and still am) up until 6/7 months ago and than suddenly I just changed my mind. It really doesn't matter anymore, he may not be an awesome performer but he has HEART. This little guy has always been a fighter and as I said before, he is always good for his 20-25 runs. Which is much better then the MUSHFIQ, the Rajin, the HANNAN et al. I am glad chacha is in the ODi team, he is useful in this version as he proves it again and again in our underperforming team. I was even okay with chacha being the captain of the ODI team.

IF chacha was sent in in place of Rajin, he could have helped pick up themomentum at that stage, we would havehad two experienced players in the middle but instead of Chacha, Dav sent in Rajin, then Pilot (another excellent knock) and Mushfiq of all people. What was he smoking ?
Old December 23, 2004, 03:34 PM
BC Editorial Team

don't forget - chacha's been getting runs in the league too.
Old December 23, 2004, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

hahahahhahah...on..... Pundit vs Rafiq... both of you rock! seriously.
Old December 23, 2004, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Wow, people love him so much, they call him Chacha
Old December 23, 2004, 03:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

chacha jindabad
joi chacha bangla
chacha apon pran bacha --- as well as ours.
Old December 23, 2004, 06:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Some of us have the memory of goldfish. ONE good performance and we are already rolling out the red carpet for him. Chacha only plays well when his position is in question and if his position in the team is confirmed, I'll bet any money he'll become a dud (again).

PS: LOL at rafiq's reply
Old December 23, 2004, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

I was always a chacha fan and still am. He's a great player considering his stature. I think he shud bat around 6/7 like he used to. He's in good form and he can deliver. I was shocked to see Mushfiq went ahead of Chacha and Tapash. This guy is utterly useless.
Old December 23, 2004, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

There was a time when some folks were thinking of beating chacha up. It’s just matter of time another revolution start for eradication of chacha once again. It could happen in this series or the series ahead us. Take it from me, another chacha bashing are right on the horizon. So the bottom line is chacha was never meant to be consistent.
Old December 23, 2004, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, and you are only 17, you young thing, you!

Unfortunately, I am only your son's age ! But fortunately. I'm no where near you to get your paws on me !

Ok, so now Chacha gets a relief at my expense. OMG, I am a certified Chacha fan.

Edited on, December 24, 2004, 1:52 PM GMT, by Pundit.
Reason: In response to complaint
Old December 24, 2004, 02:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Chacha got a bad name when he was the captain and he misbehaved with his players and officials. Now that he has been disciplined and cut to size, he hasbeen giving his best.

To put things in perspective, Chacha finding a place in BD ODI team is an indication that BD do not yet possess the depth of talent that other teams have. Players who hold equivalent roles in other teams are: Symonds,Flintoff,Kallis, Razak,Pathan etc. As BD unearthes a quality allrounder, Chacha will not be required in the team. Till that allrounder arrives, Chacha is the man for Bangladesh ODI team.