facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2013, 03:59 PM
Cricket Guru

I hope Shams will use DPL to prove he is not one tournament wonder, and force his way into the national team (in place of khocha SN) for the the Zimbabwe series.

Old March 31, 2013, 01:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Hopefully he can prove his worth in Zimbabwe.
Old March 31, 2013, 01:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Feel sad for him. You have to work really hard to get into the national team and this was his opportunity. Unfortunately he couldn't make it work.
Even if the decision was iffy, shuffling across makes it easier for umpires to give LBW.

Hope he gets picked for the 2 T20Is in Zimbabwe.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 31, 2013, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

It was a bad call by the umpire. It was too high to be given lbw. He and Ash - both had corrupt decisions- all the way we have been robbed by the lankans in this tour.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old March 31, 2013, 02:30 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Felt sorry for him. It was a bad decision, but what was he doing shuffling across off the first ball he faced?
Old March 31, 2013, 02:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Felt sorry for him. It was a bad decision, but what was he doing shuffling across off the first ball he faced?
probably wanted to get off the mark ASAP as there was no square leg.
Old March 31, 2013, 03:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
yup, the shot was definitely premeditated. It looked really ugly when I saw him shuffle across way before the delivery was on. I was saying to myself, "welcome to int'l cricket Shamsur". May be his decision was a little unlucky but he is got himself to blame for that.
Old March 31, 2013, 03:26 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Since Bijoy won't be in for Zim series, ï hope he gets in as a back up opener tho. It would be very unfair to drop him.

Same for MH Rubel and Marshall Ayub, but I think Ayub won't make as nayeem and shak both will be back
Old March 31, 2013, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

You did good Shamsu. These stupid impressionable umpires are to be blamed. Shout long enough and you will be rewarded with a wicket. What a joke!
Old March 31, 2013, 07:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Really good to see that people like Shamsur, Naeem, Ayub are fighting for positions which keeps Mominul, Riyad, Jahurul, Anamul on their toes. Even Shakib has to fight his way back into the team
Old March 31, 2013, 10:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
chinta korben na, in sha Allah, eyi pola Zimbabweke kopaya dibo
Old March 31, 2013, 11:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

High expectations based on domestic performance are doomed to failure about 90% of the times because that's the sort of qualitative difference between international cricket and what we play at home. This thread will die a natural death. That being said, wish him all the best once he's in national colors. I just won't bet on him.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 1, 2013, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
High expectations based on domestic performance are doomed to failure about 90% of the times because that's the sort of qualitative difference between international cricket and what we play at home. This thread will die a natural death. That being said, wish him all the best once he's in national colors. I just won't bet on him.
He's gonna be your 'Nazza v.2'
Old April 1, 2013, 01:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
He's better than Nazza! but that doesn't mean much.

BTW, I also won't bet on Omi, Robiul, Marshall, Mehrab and others from that generation but would love to see them succeed if in national colors. Country before skepticism, always.

I have more faith on guys from Nasir's generation from the Asian Cup winning team. These guys have a far better (read Shakiblike) approach and have set the bar a lot higher. Not yet sure about Shourobh's ability to sustain success and build on it, but he's definitely a far better option than the tried and failed options from the past. People don't get better in our domestics. They get worse because you can get away with so many bad habits there and put up great numbers that look great without context.

Guys like Nasir, Bijoy, Rumman, Taskin, Hom, Sohan, Shubhashish and Soumya are very promising and are likely to thrive under the pressure and challenges of international cricket. The sooner we get them in the better, provided that each one of these guys gets at least 10 to 15 chances in a row to show how they can adjust to the highest level.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 1, 2013, 01:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Or he might be cursed like Zunaed S was cursed by his Big Z post. The voodoo of Sohel is mighty strong.

PS: I kid ya, dear friend. But ... hmmmm.....
Old April 1, 2013, 02:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
He's better than Nazza! but that doesn't mean much.

BTW, I also won't bet on Omi, Robiul, Marshall, Mehrab and others from that generation but would love to see them succeed if in national colors. Country before skepticism, always.

I have more faith on guys from Nasir's generation from the Asian Cup winning team. These guys have a far better (read Shakiblike) approach and have set the bar a lot higher. Not yet sure about Shourobh's ability to sustain success and build on it, but he's definitely a far better option than the tried and failed options from the past. People don't get better in our domestics. They get worse because you can get away with so many bad habits there and put up great numbers that look great without context.

Guys like Nasir, Bijoy, Rumman, Taskin, Hom, Sohan, Shubhashish and Soumya are very promising and are likely to thrive under the pressure and challenges of international cricket. The sooner we get them in the better, provided that each one of these guys gets at least 10 to 15 chances in a row to show how they can adjust to the highest level.
yeah agree. shabbir should be the #7 in both of the shorter formats, he should be drafted in now. if neither of jahurul or shamsur can handle international cricket then probably soumya should be the next to be given chances. hom should never have been dropped but now the middle order is strong so tough to see him making the side soon, but definitely should be one of the next in line.
Old April 1, 2013, 02:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Guys like Nasir, Bijoy, Rumman, Taskin, Hom, Sohan, Shubhashish and Soumya
Shabbir has to get nod for Zim tour.
Old April 1, 2013, 02:42 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I wonder if Marshall or Shamsur will get another chance now. I hope they do get a fair shot at proving themselves.
Old April 1, 2013, 03:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I wonder if Marshall or Shamsur will get another chance now. I hope they do get a fair shot at proving themselves.
with tamim injured shamsur should be in line for more appearances, marshall i'd pick him soley for tests but there's no room for him atm, he'll have to wait until a spot opens up but for sure keep him as a squad member. if hom comes back to some decent form i'd have him in the ODI squad.
Old April 1, 2013, 01:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Bad way to start his international career, but his a good player he'll bounce back in the next opportunity given.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Good to see him prove his worth - hopefully will continue this form in ODIs . -
Old May 11, 2013, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Played very well. Did his job perfectly. Unlike tamim, even when he was batting at a slow rate, he did not lose his calm.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

How did he bat? I see the runs but was it a solid or ugly inn. I never seen him bat anywhere.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Good to see him prove his worth - hopefully will continue this form in ODIs . -
And then they will bring him into test and before we know it, we will have yet another batsman who forgot how to bat.

Don't wanna start a yet another conv on how pathetic the selectors are with their 1980s thinking.
Old May 11, 2013, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
How did he bat? I see the runs but was it a solid or ugly inn. I never seen him bat anywhere.
It was a solid and cautious innings, no ugly swings like what Jahurul and Ashrafool does from time to time. The shot he got out to was a bit disappointing though. A bit on the slower side but that is understandable since we lost a wicket very early and he is trying to cement his spot in the team.
I see a good future, his runs in BPL were no fluke. Hoping he replaces one of the deadweights in ODIs.