facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2004, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default Is Wasim Akram really clean?

Former Pakistan cricket captain Wasim Akram has rubbished claims that he has sought a pardon from President Pervez Musharraf for acquiring assets beyond his earnings .

Reacting to a Sunday Telegraph report that said it was in possession of such a letter written by Akram in 1999, Wasim said it was "false and utter nonsense".

"I, Wasim Akram, s/o Chaudhry Muhammad Akram, having been associated with the probe that has/is being conducted by the Accountability Cell, Prime Minister's Office, do hereby acknowledge that my known incomes/assets are disproportionate to my lawful declared sources of income. This has led to certain negative perceptions in the public mind /press, nationally and internationally," the letter says as claimed by the paper.

The report went on, "I request the president of Pakistan , who is also the patron of the Pakistan Cricket Board, to pardon me from the above associated omissions/commissions that have been committed in the past. I hereby declare on oath that if I am again privileged and honored to represent Pakistan in international matches, I shall ensure that I shall abide by the PCB/ ICC Code of Conduct on the above matter."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/501492.cms

Old February 18, 2004, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

No he is not clean
Old February 18, 2004, 08:53 PM
BC Editorial Team

Maybe he is not, is that unusual or such a big crime ?

What the article hints at is that he has not paid tax for some of his income (through advertisements or presents or whatever). But in India (and most probably the rest of the subcontinent) except the unfortunate few who earn monthly salaries, very few of the rest pay tax for all that they earn.
Old February 18, 2004, 11:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Tintin bhai is right! tax-dodgers run amock in our part of the world! Wasim is no more evil than 85% of our priveleged population. Nevertheless, he is in the spotlight...and there is no doubt that he is quite greedy.
Old February 19, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

dannabad,
abaro shobaike. wasim akram akjon ottanto uchu maner fast bowler. shudhu bol ai na tini kintu bateo best parodorshi. shesher dike neme kintu tini hard hitting korte shokkhom ebong shesher dike run rate barate tini kintu onek shomoy guruttopurno bhumika rekhechen. wasim akramer boling shomondhe ar notun kore amar ar kichui bolar nai. apnara shobai janen wasim bishher onnotomo fast bolwer. tar bole royeche kintu marattok swing ebong variation. ba hate player wasim. retire korechen koekmash age bishhokaper por pori. pakistan doler odhinayok chilen tini besh ko bochor. ebong tini kintu shai pakistan dole chilen jai dol 1992 ar bishokap champion hoi. take kintu amar khub bhalo lage. tobe tini kotota clean sheta kintu ami bolte parbo na. tobe asha korchi tini akjon shot ebong nishthaban cricketer chilen. dannabad.
Old February 19, 2004, 01:45 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

FaltuRidwanBhai Wasim Akram all time great bawler ete kono sondeho nai but uni kintu govir joleo mas o kintu. ja rote ta kisuta bote.
Old February 19, 2004, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

if wasim akram is clean, then george bush is a woman and the queen of england is my aunt.
Old February 19, 2004, 07:15 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

george bush is a monkey... u cannot insult the female species like that... even while making a sarcastic comment like that...

FYI, the queen of england IS my aunt... lemme prove it to u... She is the queen mother (rani maa) of all Brits... and I have a friend who is a brit citizen thus making the queen his Rani maa too... and thus making her my aunt...
Old February 23, 2004, 06:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Then she is my aunt too. Since we are brothers in Islam :P...actually on second thughts...I think I will pass.
Old February 23, 2004, 11:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Well, if you are a muslim and somehow related to our esteemed prophet, then you are related to the woman. I read somewhere that she is one of his descendents.. :duh: