facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Default The next 4 days checklist for playing England

When the English play cricket, the whole race plays with them. As you all can see a display of it at Mirpur. Thanks to their Rod Tucker, they were able to snatch initiative away from us on several occasions. They were also able to completely keep our best player Shakib out of the matches.

Bangladesh had a great first day on the field. Now, let's get ready for the followings:

1. Down playing of our performance - already the press is acting like we were almost all out twice for below 150 on the first day. Mind you, this is our second highest first day score.

2. Starting today, the English press and team management will begin producing a long and deep list of injuries, hidden injuries in the team. Injuries will be dicovered, if not invented. Just in case a mishap happens - this injury list will become a permanent features of the press conferences afterwords.

3. Attack on the umpires will begin - one slip by any one of them, specially that stubborn Hill, the ump will be put to the sword.

4. We have seen the naked verbal assault by the English players throughout the tour. The complete absence of any remote talk of any punitive measures by the officials only clears up one fact - Rod only needs a white stick to go with those dark sunglasses. He is representing ICC's elite BLIND umpire panel. Yes guys, if we show any merit with the ball, expect to see a lot more sledging by the English, aided by the umpires.

5. There will be a sheer lack of LBW decision in this match from this point on, until, of course, Bangladesh comes back to bat again. A "Decision", not a draw - will be forced. Our bowlers won't have much to look forward to, unless they can uproot the stumps 20 times in this match. Anyone can check this out by taking a stat on % of LBW decision in this series so far, and check it against the one taken from this Test at the end.

6. Watch for forcing decisions down the umpire's throats, I mean Hill's throat, Rod is already playing for England.

For us Bangladesh fans: Just relax. England did not come here to hand us a draw. That is out of the question. Won't happen that easily. Don't get your blood pressure up when all the above start happening. Because?

Because they WILL happen.

Old March 20, 2010, 05:33 PM
Administrator

I am not paranoid, somebody is really out to get me.
Old March 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I am not paranoid, somebody is really out to get me.
You must have dozed off to your old people nap when Tucker gave Shahadat out.

foul-mouth Prior, seeing the ball dead on the ground in front of a thousand cameras, said there was s slim chance he might not have taken the catch.
Old March 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

You forget that umpires nowadays are too incompetent to even judge catches properly. So just by judging LBW's won't do you much good.

Those are some excellent points, and I for one will be referring to them in the course of this match.
Old March 20, 2010, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

The problem with making predictions is that the future is imminent.

I love that proverb.

We'll find out in four days.
Old March 20, 2010, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah

foul-mouth Prior, seeing the ball dead on the ground in front of a thousand cameras, said there was s slim chance he might not have taken the catch.
I was not all tuckered out, when Tucker tucked Shahadat. Did you not see the Dhaka street picture I posted in the other thread?
Old March 20, 2010, 05:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
In a similar note, you prolly dozed off when Hill gave Trott out when a Rubel bouncer bounced of his helmet and Mushfiq caught it.

LBW decision? Shakib got one against KP in the last match with an armer that was very likely to miss the leg stump.

Umps in this series are incompetent, but don't look biased.
Old March 20, 2010, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
In a similar note, you prolly dozed off when Hill gave Trott out when a Rubel bouncer bounced of his helmet and Mushfiq caught it.

LBW decision? Shakib got one against KP in the last match with an armer that was very likely to miss the leg stump.

I don't believe that its a racist conspiracy by all white people in the world (Tuckers Australian while Hills from NZ) to put Bangladesh down, but you've got to admit that the number of decisions that went against us far outweigh the ones that went against ENG (I'm pretty sure the figure is somewhere around 10-3 for the tour). Thats not to say that its a result of biased umpiring (although i wouldnt be surprised if it was, at least on a subconscious level, given the gap), but we cant pretend we haven't gotten the short end of the stick...
Old March 20, 2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

5. There will be a sheer lack of LBW decision in this match from this point on, until, of course, Bangladesh comes back to bat again. A "Decision", not a draw - will be forced. Our bowlers won't have much to look forward to, unless they can uproot the stumps 20 times in this match. Anyone can check this out by taking a stat on % of LBW decision in this series so far, and check it against the one taken from this Test at the end.

6. Watch for forcing decisions down the umpire's throats, I mean Hill's throat, Rod is already playing for England.

For us Bangladesh fans: Just relax. England did not come here to hand us a draw. That is out of the question. Won't happen that easily. Don't get your blood pressure up when all the above start happening. Because?

Because they WILL happen.
I think 1st session will be vital tonight. If we can add another 50+ runs, we are unlikely to lose this Test. As for bias umpires, I agree that we are unlikely to get many LBW decisions. You rightly identified that this is going to be a crucial factor in deciding the outcome of this test. This pitch appears to be best suited for LBW trap. And, I will be disappointed if Razzak does not utilise this conditions, with the backing of loud appeals by rest of the players. The boys need to be more assertive, that is put pressure, pressure, and pressure.
Old March 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
I don't believe that its a racist conspiracy by all white people in the world (Tuckers Australian while Hills from NZ) to put Bangladesh down, .
White english, australian, new zealand are all the same race - anglo- saxon.

But still nonetheless, Racist no. Elitist yes.
Old March 20, 2010, 06:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

umpires have made aprox a dozen wrong decisions his series, perhaps more...two or three calls went our way. that means 80% of the "bad calls" are going against us. again, i am going to tabulate the bad calls we've gotten so far in 2010 in tests and ODIs in the India series, NZ series and ENG series. give me a few hours...

now, my assumption is that if "bad calls" are random, as they should be, teams should be "victimized" at an aproximately 50-50 spread. if one team is conisistently benifitting or being harmed by umpiring, it would necessarily mean that umpires are biased, for or against.

and the only way to fight bias is to stand up for oneself.

and that is a counter-bias in and of itself.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 20, 2010, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
I don't believe that its a racist conspiracy by all white people in the world (Tuckers Australian while Hills from NZ) to put Bangladesh down, but you've got to admit that the number of decisions that went against us far outweigh the ones that went against ENG (I'm pretty sure the figure is somewhere around 10-3 for the tour). Thats not to say that its a result of biased umpiring (although i wouldnt be surprised if it was, at least on a subconscious level, given the gap), but we cant pretend we haven't gotten the short end of the stick...
You prolly got that impression because we magnify umpiring mistakes against us, but happy to overlook mistakes in our favor.
Old March 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

Fight the good fight and we will see. U cant keep a good man down.
Old March 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
Club Cricketer

To Al_Furqaan Bhai and others: while testing your hypothesis, can you please also focus on calls against our batsmen and opponents' batsmen? If your test fails to reject 50-50 decision, it may still be misleading. A wrong out against a recognized batsman (Tamim) is not the same as a right out not given against a bowler (Rubel). If you could compare the decisions of batsmen from both teams, it would serve a great purpose. I know it will take a long time to do this test.
Old March 20, 2010, 06:44 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, I think Nimbus is jerking off BCB by demanding crores for hotspot cameras. NZC is not that rich either, if they can afford to pay extra for UDRS so should be BCB. What BCB need is someone better than Lotus to negotiate with Nimbus (and to save us from all this whining against umps).
Old March 20, 2010, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:

Absolutely spot on!

Sometimes the umpiring decision hurts us more because we are usually have one or two players playing a responsible innings while the others throw their wicket away... and if the players playing a long innings get a bad decision, then it hurts us really bad (for example Tamim got a bad one yesterday).

BTW, at this moment I am hoping that the umpires will be consistent in giving bad decisions to both sides for rest of the sessions.
Old March 20, 2010, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
You prolly got that impression because we magnify umpiring mistakes against us, but happy to overlook mistakes in our favor.
This is how to interpret the match thread comments on umpiring

1. Kill the umpire - Really bad decision, went against us
2. Bad decision - Close call, went against us
3. Nothing - No place for doubt / Close call, in our favor
4. About time we got something in our favor - Really bad decision, went in our favor

IMO, the first test was an average case of bad umpiring in a match involving BD. LBW calls were pretty much alright, 3 dubious caughts were were given- 2 against us (Aftab, Sakib), one in our favor (Trott). So it's not an 80%-20% scenario. Umpiring wise we've had worse and better matches. If we are to accept the 1st test as average case, it's definitely not an 4:1 scenario at all.
Old March 20, 2010, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
This is how to interpret the match thread comments on umpiring

1. Kill the umpire - Really bad decision, went against us
2. Bad decision - Close call, went against us
3. Nothing - No place for doubt / Close call, in our favor
4. About time we got something in our favor - Really bad decision, went in our favor
Needs a thumbs up!

Old March 20, 2010, 07:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Well said Spitty.

Though it was still 2:1 ratio against us, I don't think Shakib and Aftab cases were as obvious as the Trott mistake. In case of those two, it seemed to me, on the first look, that the ball went up because of slog sweeps.
Old March 20, 2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

We have fans like eshen and spitty, no wonder we have umpire like moni, one eyed man. Go and watch 3 ODI’s again, and show us your manipulative statistics.
Old March 20, 2010, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Peace, you seriously want me to relive the horror of watching our boys being whitewashed in an ODI series by a depleted England team on our own backyard?! Come on now, don't hate a fellow fan so much!
Old March 20, 2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Peace, you seriously want me to relive the horror of watching our boys being whitewashed in an ODI series by a depleted England team on our own backyard?! Come on now, don't hate a fellow fan so much!
It is not about hating own fans, it is about relaying a powerful message with unity, of course, for deprived cricket fans.
Old March 20, 2010, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
It is not about hating own fans, it is about relaying a powerful message with unity, of course, for deprived cricket fans.
Yes, I am guilty of going against group thinking very often. God has given me intelligence to form my own opinions, why not use it?

It's not like agreeing with whatever the mob say here will help Bangladesh team to improve.
Old March 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I am guilty of going against group thinking very often. God has given me intelligence to form my own opinions, why not use it?

It's not like agreeing with whatever the mob say here will help Bangladesh team to improve.
Similarly, I am entitled to say your intelligence is flawed, unless you prove otherwise, unlike the "mob".
Old March 20, 2010, 08:17 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Peace, intelligence can never be flawed (at least not for normal human), it's more of a matter of how much you use it.

I am sure God has given you intelligence too, may be you should try to use it more often.