facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 5, 2012, 03:34 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default Best Bangladeshi ODI Captain?

Not everyone is cut out to be a skipper. We have had experience with Habibul Bashar leading the team. The best captains tend to be great strategist/tactician AND (best player in the team OR great leader).

Great tactician + best player + leader
I can think of two Aussies (Bradman and Steve Wagh) and Imran Khan.

Great tactician + leader
MAK Pataudi, Clive Lloyd, Dada, Dhoni, Misbah, Warwick Armstrong, Mike Brearly, Ian Chappell, and the list goes on.

Imran was not as great a tactician as many others, but he had a great one in the team. Imran would be talking to Miandad throughout the match. Although Miandad lost his captaincy to Imran, he always obliged.

Pataudi became a captain at only 21 and almost immediately showed his value as a captain. We all know Dada's story.

All of this brings us the question, who has been Bangladesh's best ODI captain? Mr. Bashar was as bad as it gets. Mushfiqur has made many bad decisions and even repeated some bad decisions. Shakib is not the best tactician and gets too impatient to be a good captain.

Who do you think has been our best captain so far? If appropriate, I'll add a Poll later.

(I have my preference, but will disclose it later. I am almost sure that my choice will be a controversial one.)