facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 2, 2009, 09:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

so...whatever happened to "Bangla Vettori" Shruwadi shuvo...

well, Best of Luck to enamul jr...who underperformed in ODIS...

Old August 2, 2009, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

What is this? Did some of you not see Enamul Haque ball? Did you see the turn he was having? He has definitely improved significantly recently and only if you saw him in action, you wouldve known how good he was.... Shubho is a good player but I dont think at this point there is a genuine need to bring a player outside of national pool.Especially a recent wicket-taking Enanul hasnt failed misearbly that would require calling Shubho.
Old August 2, 2009, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

i think the reason for picking enam is because he has got good record againt zimbawea anyways i wish him good luck
Old August 2, 2009, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Good news for my boy..

He didn't get enough chance in Onedays. he played only 2/3 games against Zimb in 2005.

HOpe he peforms well
Old August 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

its good news for us. we have some options in our hand.
razzaq is absent, enam jr easily fit in his shoes, then there is shuvo in the waiting list

hope enam jr give them lots of trouble.
Old August 2, 2009, 12:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
The management is risking Sakib who is having a chronic case of groin injury. He should have been sent to London, take an injection for his left groin (like he had taken for his right groin in past), rest there for five days and then join the team. But he is being risked for the sake of the team, which makes Razzak's case even more suspicious.
Man why do u smell something fishy,
the guy is injured he is out,
if they want drop him they can him drop him anyway,
beside ur forgetting razzak is living creature to,
he has say, if he is droped coz of a fake injury
Old August 2, 2009, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I would have thought Shuvo was a better choice thinking for the future. But not complaining on Enam though. Would have been doing this had MRafique was picked. He can still give 10 overs without problem.
ditto
Old August 2, 2009, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Playing in Zimb will be totally diff than what we faced in WI...our pacers need to work hard as they are very ordinary nowadays...Zimb pace attack is better than WI in Zimb condition
Old August 2, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Playing in Zimb will be totally diff than what we faced in WI...our pacers need to work hard as they are very ordinary nowadays...Zimb pace attack is better than WI in Zimb condition
Exactly. I am also worried about our toothless FBs.

This ZIM team is no WI team that we faced. I am afraid in this series our spinners will not be able to make up our deficiency created by our 'toothless' FBs.

Plus Enamul is a good spinner for TEST, I am not sure how successful he will be in ODI mode. In contrast to enamul, Razzak is great in ODI and not so great in TEST. It will be interesting to see how Enamul grab this opportunity and change the concept that "he not suited for ODI".
Old August 2, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Performance will tell everything.
Old August 3, 2009, 01:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

That's a real bad blow to Bangladesh team. I was looking forward for A. Razzak to perform in ZIM tour. He is our only second strike bowler after Shakib in the current team.

So among the three strike bowlers (Mash, SHakib, Raz) we have lost two. Only Shakib is there and he is also injured. I hope rest of the bowlers would take some responsibility.

Good luck to Enam and he has to perform. He was mentioning his urgency to play ODI in an interview now he get the chance.
Old August 3, 2009, 02:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

I always had doubt about the intelligence of our current selection panel. It would have been a wonderful opportunity to try shuvo who can bat, also other spinners who has good domestic record. I have never considered Enam a quality spinner even in tests.Always struggles to get wicket. And different policy for Razzak and Sakib regarding injury seems fishy to me as well.

Last edited by shajib14; August 3, 2009 at 06:42 AM..
Old August 3, 2009, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

A hamstring takes at least 3 weeks rest to heal properly. Razak will be fit for the Zim tour at home.
Pain killers can lighten the pain, but does not heal it. Razak may have taken pain killers when you saw him walking in the presentation ceremony.
Old August 3, 2009, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I like this decision of bringing Enam in place of Razzak instead of a new player like Shuvo. Shuvo should play more A-team matches. We have too many debutants!
Old August 3, 2009, 09:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
why enamul?

Shuvo would had been a good replacement...
Exactly...I was thinking the same way....Shuvo is a good allrounder
Old August 3, 2009, 09:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
Exactly...I was thinking the same way....Shuvo is a good allrounder
Ah yes, but enamul has the key quality called experience.

I'm happy he's starting to justify the predictions of those like McInnes made of him so long ago. He's allegedly in his early 20s, so still has enough time to fulfill his early promise...
Old August 3, 2009, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes, I am a great allrounder...but noone gives me a decent chance.
Old August 3, 2009, 09:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Why Enamul when you can have Shuvo. Why aim with airgun when you can use shotgun.
Old August 3, 2009, 10:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
In Zimbabwe, quick bowlers will be important. Not spinners. But it is a good opportunity for Enamul to do something in ODI and foriegn soil as well. Good Luck.
Queens Sports Club is a spin friendly wicket that will favor spin and accurate pace bowling, In the previous series ZC did not want Bang to play us there because they feared the worst but since our team has greatly improved in as far as slow bowling is concerned ZC bowed down to complains by Bulawayo people who wanted a piece of the action in their city. We have our much improved spin bowlers in Utseya, Masakadza and Price so it will be an evenly matched battle in as far as team composition is concerned.

Syed Russel - Tawanda Mupariwa (accuracy )
Mahababul - Ransnsford (can swing the ball a bit)
Shakid - Chigumbura (allrounders)
Tamim - Hamilton (explosive opener)

etc etc
Old August 3, 2009, 11:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-Flower
Queens Sports Club is a spin friendly wicket that will favor spin and accurate pace bowling, In the previous series ZC did not want Bang to play us there because they feared the worst but since our team has greatly improved in as far as slow bowling is concerned ZC bowed down to complains by Bulawayo people who wanted a piece of the action in their city. We have our much improved spin bowlers in Utseya, Masakadza and Price so it will be an evenly matched battle in as far as team composition is concerned.

etc etc
Hey Andy, welcome back. We have a surprise for you. His name is Naeem.

Zunaed seems to getting hold of things now. So batting is okay for BD.

My concern would be the bowling and restricting the opponents.
Old August 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Hey Andy, welcome back. We have a surprise for you. His name is Naeem.

Zunaed seems to getting hold of things now. So batting is okay for BD.

My concern would be the bowling and restricting the opponents.
Yes real problem is wiping the tail off. Naeem should bat at 3/4.
Old August 3, 2009, 02:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Hamstring injuries are one of the most nagging and nastiest muscle injuries of all. Depending on the severity, from a simple pull, to a strain and the worst of all, the tear, it may take weeks to months for it to heal. It is also one of those nagging injuries that can persist. The most frustrating part can be are the setbacks. You might start to recover, then one setback can undo all the work, and you are back to square one. Best way to heal is to shut down any running or athletic activities and let it heal on its own. But, pro athletes don't have that luxury. They will test it soon as it starts to feel a bit better, and if not cautious, you will end up hurting it again and in some cases more. Preventing hamstring injuries must begin with elaborate stretching during warm ups. You must be not dehydrated as well. Drinking alcohol the night before will dehydrate your body and without proper warm ups and stretching regiments , any sudden run-stop-turn move can lead to hamstring injuries. Intake of lots potassium ( bananas ) are good for prevention of any muscle tear. Hamstrings are also one of the biggest muscle in the human body since it lies opposite thigh muscles and because of its size, it also takes longer to heal. Building up your hammies are extremely important for any athlete that has to run, sprint, twist etc. If its a simple pull, if you are careful and start rehabbing, you should be fine within a week. Strains may take much longer and tear will take two-four months depending on how disciplined you are or how good of a shape you are in. Running between the wkts are when most hammy injuries occur. You are most vulnerable when you turn for the next run, because you have to slow down a bit to reach for the crease with your bat, then turn, and push off with your hammies for the next run with a burst..

Anyway..hope he gets better. But, he is the lazy type. I bet he will get lazier during rehab and put on more weight. He must guard against that..
Old August 3, 2009, 02:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Ima go out on a limb here....but I think Beamer vai had suffered from hamstring injury once.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 3, 2009, 02:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Ima go out on a limb here....but I think Beamer vai had suffered from hamstring injury once.
You got it man..
Old August 4, 2009, 12:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-Flower

etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
Considering both teams are equal standard, I think Zimbabwe will be comfortable in Fast & Bouncy wicket and Bangladesh will be comfortable in Slow and Turning wicket.
Good Luck.