facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 2, 2007, 06:34 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Coach Woolmer 'was not murdered'

Coach Woolmer 'was not murdered'

There have been a host of theories surrounding Mr Woolmer's death

Scotland Yard detectives have told Jamaican police that the former Pakistan cricket coach, Bob Woolmer, was not murdered, the BBC understands.

The apparent verdict follows work by a UK Home Office pathologist, who flew to Jamaica to probe Mr Woolmer's death.

Bob Woolmer's widow Gill said she had heard nothing new from the Jamaican police about her husband's death.

Mr Woolmer was found dead in his hotel in Jamaica on 18 March after Pakistan's first-round exit from the World Cup.

Days later Mark Shields, Jamaica's deputy police commissioner, announced at a news conference that the 58-year-old former England Test cricketer had been murdered.

But a UK newspaper has reported that Jamaican police are to announce that Mr Woolmer died of natural causes.

According to the Daily Mail, police in Kingston now believe Mr Woolmer died of natural causes, brought on by chronic ill-health and possibly diabetes.

Former Pakistan player Asif Iqbal has criticised the Jamaican police investigation.

"When they said it was suspicious, after that it should have been dealt with in a normal way instead of being a Hollywood, or Bollywood kind of investigation," he told the BBC.

"Every day there were different stories in the newspaper, every day there was a different way of his being murdered. I think they made a mess of it to be very honest."

There has been no confirmation of the report.

In May, several other reports suggested Mr Woolmer was not murdered, often citing sources close to the investigation.

One member of Jamaica's Labour Party said the case had become a "global embarrassment" for the country's police force.

BBC

Old June 2, 2007, 06:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shoaib THE MAN Akhtar

Another twist in the twister.
Old June 2, 2007, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

In two weeks, the headlines would read;

"Woolmer murdered by CIA"

Another two weeks;

"Woolmer was a member of a Satanic cult"
Old June 2, 2007, 08:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper

Another two weeks;

Or possibly: Wooler not dead.....that was a look alike
Old June 2, 2007, 08:15 AM
Test Cricketer

I have never seen more incompetent investigation than this. Mark Shields should be dismissed fom his service. The man is a disgrace on crime investigation.

Whatever happened to the poisin in drink and the strangulation marks on his neck. Hope they wont say that it was natural poison and natural strangulation.
Old June 2, 2007, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

What the heck is wrong with these investigators .......once they say he was murdered again they say he wasn't ...............
Old June 2, 2007, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

What about all the evidence that were reported earlier (traces of weed killer, broken bone in the neck and other circumstansial evidence)... This does not make sense?!?!
Old June 2, 2007, 10:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

They've burnt him and he's gone for good, no more autposies or re-investigation. Something tells me this is going to be another of those unsolved mysteries, like who killed Bruce Lee? Or what really happened to Ronaldo on the night before the 1998 World Cup final?
Old June 2, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Woolmer and Cronje, Both have died unsolved but seemingly normal deaths,coincidence?
Old June 2, 2007, 10:47 AM
Test Cricketer

I just thik the jamaican police made a big mess...
at last, if Woolmer died for natural cause this can be of some relief to his relatives, as his death must have been less tragical to him.
Old June 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

pretty much like the worldcup final ending...total mess
Old June 2, 2007, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

what took them so long to figure out that
Old June 2, 2007, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

How can you make such a bold statement and then retract on it? Ive been hearing this for the past month and am still flabbergasted by it. Who in their right mind would do this to the family?
Old June 2, 2007, 10:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

a SERIOUS apology is in order.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 5, 2007, 12:59 AM
Cricket Legend

I am absolutely puzzled.
Old June 13, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I agree.

Based on intial news I also thought somehow some PAK players/team members/fans/bookies were involved. I apologize for that to the appropriate group.
Old June 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I agree.

Based on intial news I also thought somehow some PAK players/team members/fans/bookies were involved. I apologize for that to the appropriate group.
You are not the only one in suspecting that. The way the Jamaican police handled the case they did project an image like that.
Old June 13, 2007, 01:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Quote:

Another two weeks;

Quote:
Or possibly: Wooler not dead.....that was a look alike
Quote:
Whatever happened to the poisin in drink and the strangulation marks on his neck. Hope they wont say that it was natural poison and natural strangulation.
Old June 13, 2007, 03:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Btw, PCB have abandoned it , they say its over, time to move on. good work by pcb.
Old June 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

I bet there is a cover up here.... the original pathologist still adhering to his claim that he was murdered.
Old June 14, 2007, 01:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
I bet there is a cover up here.... the original pathologist still adhering to his claim that he was murdered.
yep he does. here's a report: -

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...0E56BF7760.htm

there may actually be a cover up.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 14, 2007, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I agree with u!!!
faltu reports!!!!! i mean seriously its obvious he has been murdered and know they say he has dided or natural causes??? gosh how dumb do they think we r??
Old June 14, 2007, 02:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
yep he does. here's a report: -

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...0E56BF7760.htm

there may actually be a cover up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
I agree with u!!!
faltu reports!!!!! i mean seriously its obvious he has been murdered and know they say he has dided or natural causes??? gosh how dumb do they think we r??
Quite possible. PCB has interfered in Jamaican legal proceedings in the past as well....by using international diplomatic influence. In 1993 Akram, Waqar, Aquib and Mushtaq were arrested in Jamaica for possesing drugs. The case was water tight as they were caught red handed. The case got very controversial and reached diplomatic levels. Pakistan put heavy pressure on the Jamaican government, the Prime Minister of Jamaica interfered and the Pakistani players were released.

I wont be surprised if the same happened this time. There had been strong suggestions of a murder and the investigating authorities have failed to produce an explanation.

1. Who gave Mushtaq poisoned bottle that he passed on to Woolmer and why? Someone playing a practical joke?
2. Why did some PCB officials and players change rooms so late in the night?
3. The 'broken bone in the neck' was actually the Hyoid Bone and that would be virtually impossible to break on its own in a fall without other obvious injurues that pointed to the cause. No fall can so neatly sever the Hyoid bone.....such a fall is bound to leave some more injuries....any doctor or investigator would say that.
4. The weedkiller found in the glass has to be justified. Was it just resting the glass gossiping with Woolmer?

I am saying that its a murder being covered up, but I would like the authorities to answer these questions.
Old June 14, 2007, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Apology to whom? Pakistan players?
Old June 14, 2007, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Quite possible. PCB has interfered in Jamaican legal proceedings in the past as well....by using international diplomatic influence. In 1993 Akram, Waqar, Aquib and Mushtaq were arrested in Jamaica for possesing drugs. The case was water tight as they were caught red handed. The case got very controversial and reached diplomatic levels. Pakistan put heavy pressure on the Jamaican government, the Prime Minister of Jamaica interfered and the Pakistani players were released.

I wont be surprised if the same happened this time. There had been strong suggestions of a murder and the investigating authorities have failed to produce an explanation.

1. Who gave Mushtaq poisoned bottle that he passed on to Woolmer and why? Someone playing a practical joke?
2. Why did some PCB officials and players change rooms so late in the night?
3. The 'broken bone in the neck' was actually the Hyoid Bone and that would be virtually impossible to break on its own in a fall without other obvious injurues that pointed to the cause. No fall can so neatly sever the Hyoid bone.....such a fall is bound to leave some more injuries....any doctor or investigator would say that.
4. The weedkiller found in the glass has to be justified. Was it just resting the glass gossiping with Woolmer?

I am saying that its a murder being covered up, but I would like the authorities to answer these questions.
Another possibility-International Bookies had the case snuffed. They millions to spend on this and it it to their interest.