facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2005, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Default BD team should strike to save Rafiq& not play from the 2nd game until govt backs down

Team members should stand by team members not only while sharing awards.

This is more important than just a game.

If they don't want to save Rafiq, all teamwork lecture in the future will be hollow.

Edited on, January 20, 2005, 5:15 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Old January 20, 2005, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Excellent idea. This govt could go down just for this Incident .
Old January 20, 2005, 12:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Not playing ODI does not amount to strike against the Govt, it means strike against the ICC. So the BD players have to protest in some other way.
Old January 20, 2005, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

The question is... is this guy a government MP or an opposition MP (and this shud be merged with the other thread)
Old January 20, 2005, 12:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

who is that stupid MP? Amanullah Aman?
Old January 20, 2005, 12:47 AM
Banned

i don't care either government MP or oppesition MP . i only care about this great player such a rafique. he is the only player in bangladesh who play cricket from his heart. who ever destroy rafiq property , they should give him back all money . rafiq is good and simple guy. i think myself that he should not done any illegel thing in this life . look at rafiq every time he is happy , smile all the time , cool guy. i know he is now spending a terrible time because he lost his all deposite , his all money . almost sixty lakh taka. it is very big amount. he is doing his life secure from this money so after retierment he can have better life .

someone just want destroy this rafiq dream. i should say that who ever like bangladesh cricket , they should suport rafiq and make revolt aginest the guy who responsible for todays rafiq sitution. we should revoltttttttt my all cricket friend for rafiq.

long live rafiq and long live bangladesh cricket team.
Old January 20, 2005, 12:51 AM
Test Cricketer

i'm kinda lost here. what happened?
Old January 20, 2005, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sutru
i don't care either government MP or oppesition MP .
Did u read the heading of the post? it calls to strike until government backs down when we havn't figured out which party the MP is from

Edited on, January 20, 2005, 5:57 AM GMT, by Hasib.
Old January 20, 2005, 12:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss

please explain in detail what happened... any news link?
Old January 20, 2005, 01:02 AM
Test Cricketer

ok i just read the other thread. this truly is very very sad. how could that selfish MP do that to rafique, a true bangladeshi hero, who has much much much more supporters and fame than him.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

I feel sorry for Rafique. But if the market was illegaly made it should have been demolished.(according to law) But since in Bangladesh there is probably nothing called law, the other 12 players should make a stance. Hajar hok Rafique is our best player and you can go on about how this guy is simple and honest.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:15 AM
Banned

you are bbgun

rafiq is hero of bangladesh team. he will get his justice......
Old January 20, 2005, 01:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BBgun
I feel sorry for Rafique. But if the market was illegaly made it should have been demolished.(according to law) But since in Bangladesh there is probably nothing called law, the other 12 players should make a stance. Hajar hok Rafique is our best player and you can go on about how this guy is simple and honest.
i agree, but rafique is a true national hero, a true bangla'r damal chele. govt. should've given a warning to rafique and some time to roll back his bussiness, that way he wouldn't have lost everything. moreover, there are countless illegal markets in dhaka. why did they have to demolish the one that belonged to a national hero w/o any warning? and if u talk about law, how many laws are really enforced in BD? and how many bangladeshis feel protected under bangladeshi law?
Old January 20, 2005, 01:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

I don't think it really matters if it was in a illegal place or not. In BD a legal case can take 10 years before a judge even hears it if there is any sort of outside influence. So definitely demolishing a whole market without proper legal warning looks very bad. But that aside, the main point is it was property of a national sportsman. And this can become a political liability for BNP if not handled properly. That MP is either very stupid or has some personal agenda to do this at a very wrong time (when cricket is the focus of the nation!). I hope enough pressure is brought on the govt for Rafique to get proper compensation including additional funds to mend his anxiety. He is a national asset and must be treated as such.

Somebody mentioned that maybe Rafiq got on the wrong foot with this MP given his straightforward passioante nature. So its very likelye this is a personal grudge case.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am extrememely sory for my last post. I was completely unaware of the whole market situation. It was totally wrong for the authority to not give him a notice before demolishing the market. It is one of the many that have gone wrong terribly under this government. This Govt. Seriously makes me want to barf and I really am ashamed by its actions.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

damn you gusy respond mad fast.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

* Players could donate their 2 cars to Rafiq.
* Corporate sponsor could rebuild.

Edited on, January 20, 2005, 6:21 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
Quote:
i agree, but rafique is a true national hero, a true bangla'r damal chele. govt. should've given a warning to rafique and some time to roll back his bussiness, that way he wouldn't have lost everything. moreover, there are countless illegal markets in dhaka. why did they have to demolish the one that belonged to a national hero w/o any warning? and if u talk about law, how many laws are really enforced in BD? and how many bangladeshis feel protected under bangladeshi law?
I am sorry bro. dint read b4 the first post
Old January 20, 2005, 01:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Probably Rafiq is not as stupid to invest 60 lacs in an Illegal project..

Here's the News Link...go to the 'Kheladhua' page..
Old January 20, 2005, 01:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Probably Rafiq is not as stupid to invest 60 lacs in an Illegal project..

Here's the News Link...go to the 'Kheladhua' page..
He was not warned. To deomolish something without a warning is illegel as well. Too bad bangladesh does not have trial lawyers. The Mps would have been beggers by now.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This Govt. Seriously makes me want to barf and I really am ashamed by its actions.
As I said b4... we need to know which party the MP belongs to... (im not defending BNP... im just making sure no fingers r pointed the wrong way)
Old January 20, 2005, 02:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

he will not lose all 60 lakh, i guess. cause he bought the land for 60 lakh. he built 7 stores on that land and those store were demolished. if he is the legal owner of the land, then probably he lost 4/5 lakh. right?
but if he has fake ownership, then only GOD knows what would happen to him
Old January 20, 2005, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasib

As I said b4... we need to know which party the MP belongs to... (im not defending BNP... im just making sure no fingers r pointed the wrong way)

BNP hasib
Old January 20, 2005, 06:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Amanullah Aman former VP of DAKSU...... desh er onnotom bodmaish Neta... chattro neta ra ja hoi normaly... i totaly agreed with pagol-chagol... BD players should take decision about Rafiq's situation..
Old January 20, 2005, 07:05 AM
Club Cricketer

I know Aman from my uni days, I was there when Niru/Abhi kicked his butt in Zia hall cause he was intending to defect to Ershads Chatra Samaj. Then in 1990 student uprising I have not seen him once in the TCS area (Ratan,Ilyias, Sagor from BNP) was there, soon after the fall of Ershad Aman was in the front as VP of DUCSU and milked in both hands, became a millionier from popper (Yes he is from a poor background), Beat Mostafa Mohshin Mantu in the 1991 election and become a junior minister. He is made for life and apparantly very close with Tareq Zia. Now Montu has joined BNP and would love to see him as the MP of Keraniganj in place of Aman, Day dreaming or what Aman weilds more power than Rafiq I can not see anything would happen to him , real shame.