facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2012, 04:33 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
National team players should get minimum 1 month rest now . They played continuous cricket so far in this year .

Then BCB can arrange few one day matches and most importantly 2-3 four day test matches against Ireland in their home condition . We can play ODI and T20 against Netherlands and Scottland also .
BCB can also arrange some longer version matches against quality English county sides if their schedule permits . That will be very useful for our players .

We play some matches against Afghanistan too. They have some quality fast bowlers which will test our batsmen .

But most importantly we have to play . We had many conditioning camps which was not that useful for our players
It's not as easy as that. You cannot just "arrange" matches with other countries when they have commitments already in place. the FTP (future tours programme) is designed specifically so that countries know where they are and can get rest/matches. National boards work around this, plus of course series are put in place way ahead of time.

Additionally, individual players make themselves available for T20 competitions based on the FTP, meaning that many players arrange to play first class cricket outside of their own country too.

Rather than be caught out continually by the schedules, which everyone knew 12 months ahead of time by the way, the simple thing would be to do what Jamie did and have 6-8 weeks national training camp where the players had SKILLS training. This, ahead of the NZ 4-0 Banglawash in 2010, was the main reason that result happened. So I have disagree about the conditioning camps not being useful. The secret perhaps is what you actually do in them.

Now the players have their new found belief after the BPL, and Asia Cup exploits, the skill levels of the players can be enhanced. However, whether the BCB wish to spend the money on taking the team to Dubai/Australia/elsewhere for this, or even need to if they can train at home, is a moot point.

The alternative of course, is to go to Pakistan and play the potential series while the team is still "hot". Clearly though, other factors are at play there.

Perhaps it is simply time to actually plan ahead (have a five year plan) and develop the quality of Bangladesh Cricketers to a workable system? The planning comes across as random as the performances sometimes.

Old March 25, 2012, 04:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

What's a conditioning camp?
Old March 25, 2012, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I dont care relly about camps, what our boys need is more INTERNATIONAL MATCHES, thats the best way they can develop themselves....as well get a lot experience
Yeah well you can't just fix matches out of the blue. Especially when BD matches don't fetch a lot of money for the other teams.
Old March 25, 2012, 05:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Yeah well you can't just fix matches out of the blue. Especially when BD matches don't fetch a lot of money for the other teams.
im asking for some matches against ireland and netherlands, that will help our cause
Old March 25, 2012, 05:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

^^^
Very good idea by Ian. But the conditioning camp out side the country would be much more interesting for the players as upcoming months will be very hot humid condition at home. Still I think tour to Ireland & Scotland would be benefited for the Tigers.

I read in Prothom ALo Law's proposal was Brisbane.
Old March 25, 2012, 06:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am hoping that the BCB does not drag it's feet this time. What about the U19 players? Is'nt there supposed to be an U19 World Cup this year in Australia?
Old March 25, 2012, 11:22 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
stop dreaming guys.. it takes a lot of money to send team and all staff to melbourne for 3 weeks.. loitta would rather take his family to vacation in melbourne instead.
It should be to visit the Melbourne cricket facilities. Then he could report to BCB about improving the BD facilities.
Old March 25, 2012, 11:27 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

If Mr. Kamal wants a series, I am sure he can arrange one. The question is whether it would suit his long-term goals.
Old March 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
If Mr. Kamal wants a series, I am sure he can arrange one. The question is whether it would suit his long-term goals.
I want a series no matter what!!!

Wanna see the iqbals, hasans, rahims, hossains, islams, mortazas, lallas and the lullas in action!
Old March 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It doesn't matter who we play against, we just need to keep in touch and be in good shape. Playing Ireland and Scotland in their conditions could be valuable. If we're afraid of losing, then maybe we should quit cricket and concentrate on other things.

What are the benefits of a camp in Melbourne other than Stewie getting to stay close to/at home? Overkill IMO for something that can be achieved at home at much lower cost.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 25, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I want us to play a worthwhile series, where we have a chance to increase our ratings.
Old March 25, 2012, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It doesn't matter who we play against, we just need to keep in touch and be in good shape. Playing Ireland and Scotland in their conditions could be valuable. If we're afraid of losing, then maybe we should quit cricket and concentrate on other things.

What are the benefits of a camp in Melbourne other than Stewie getting to stay close to/at home? Overkill IMO for something that can be achieved at home at much lower cost.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
totally agree
Old March 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Seriously! Can we please play anyone??? So hungry to see them in action again! Invite Afghanistan or perhaps tour Ireland ???
Old March 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
Street Cricketer

i think we should call , i meant BCB should call up indian and set up some game against india in INDIAN ground. i mean sure india would be more than happy to arrange it.
Old March 25, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

3 tests in ZIM might be beyond their capabilities. they only have 2 grounds.

we can host them for 3 Tests easily at SBNS, ZACS, and Fatullah or even Bogra. But 2 Tests in ZIM is enough. I'd have asked for a 5 ODI series in addition to the T20s.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 25, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
3 tests in ZIM might be beyond their capabilities. they only have 2 grounds.

we can host them for 3 Tests easily at SBNS, ZACS, and Fatullah or even Bogra. But 2 Tests in ZIM is enough. I'd have asked for a 5 ODI series in addition to the T20s.
Maybe.

I think playing Zimbabwe in Tests is the answer. After losing to them last summer, I don't think any nation will want to play us in the Test Format(Why else NZ test series got postponed?). We should make a statement if we have that ability to beat Zimbabwe in 3 consecutive test matches in a row, it will definitely be very good for our Cricket and FTP program.
Old March 26, 2012, 11:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Maybe.

I think playing Zimbabwe in Tests is the answer. After losing to them last summer, I don't think any nation will want to play us in the Test Format(Why else NZ test series got postponed?). We should make a statement if we have that ability to beat Zimbabwe in 3 consecutive test matches in a row, it will definitely be very good for our Cricket and FTP program.
our FTP has nothing to do with that Zimbabwe loss. NZ test series keeps getting postponed because of timing...NZ has been pretty busy. I'm sure it will eventually go down as NZ also dont play that much cricket.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

bcb can't afford to send our players to aus for 3 weeks? who are they kidding?
Old March 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
Cricket Sage

any form of international cricket should be welcomed. there is no substitute. get Ireland and Afghanistan over for a tri series or a bilateral. offer to tour Ireland. maybe sneak in a home series with zimbabwe.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 27, 2012, 04:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

they need a conditional camp sooner the better
Old March 27, 2012, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
they need a conditional camp sooner the better
Why would they want to add more test matches ahead of a T20 worldcup? I rather have them play 2 more T20 instead of adding that extra test match.
Old March 27, 2012, 05:25 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

There are various made up competitions like this: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...es/557921.html

and perhaps the BCB could go and find other competitive matches for the players elsewhere if they wanted to?
Old March 27, 2012, 08:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Why would they want to add more test matches ahead of a T20 worldcup? I rather have them play 2 more T20 instead of adding that extra test match.
thats what we did for the NZ series and we exited the WC at the first opportunity. never forego any Test matches since we play so few anyways. No other team stops playing all other formats just because a world cup is coming along.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 27, 2012, 08:14 AM
Banned

how about bringing Dutch and Irish to comeover! Or better play in their environement as it woud be fairer and we would get accustomed to outside environment
Old March 27, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

BCB! One NZ/SA series please
It's only possible for you no matter how much we fans cry...