facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Miraz bhai, ignore the accusations if they were made by newbies who joined in the last 4 months.

Continue your good work.

Old May 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

You are doing just fine.
Old May 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Miraz bhai, ignore the accusations if they were made by newbies who joined in the last 4 months.

Continue your good work.
zahid, the accusations are not made by any new member.

It was made by a very seasoned member of this forum.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

You should not retire..this is like professor Yunus wants to create his own party and ask people what he should do..
you are our punching bag for your biased articles and comments ..and I always thought you do thBCB brown nosing to get Rabeed Imam's job!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck
Old May 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Miraz, your effort to drum up a posse is honestly cracking me up ... almost making me forget the pain and shame of quitting on the first test.

This reminds me of the politics of DU teachers. Don't get your hands dirty, get your serfs to do your bidding.

Anyway, I'm flabbergasted to see how deeply the words of a few members (or should I say one "seasoned" member whose nick starts with S and ends with n and has auro in the middle) can hurt you. You don't need validation from a mass of people to know if any allegation is right or wrong, do you?

Also, when you put up a thread like this, many "mediocre" people like me may interprete this as a veiled attempt to say that you guys better appreciate me or I'm gone. But obviously the vast majority of members appreciate you, so you should cheer up and your confusion should be gone..

Last edited by Sauron; May 22, 2007 at 07:07 PM..
Old May 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Oh I forgot to mention free speech
Old May 22, 2007, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
zahid, the accusations are not made by any new member.

It was made by a very seasoned member of this forum.
hmm, jante ichha kortese ke sheita, but ofcourse his name shouldnt be released, anyways...... shobai taratari Miraz bhai er question answer koren... so that he can carry on the work.....2nd test coming up.....
Old May 22, 2007, 07:20 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
You don't need validation from a mass of people to know if any allegation is right or wrong, do you?

Also, when you put up a thread like this, many "mediocre" people like me may interprete this as a veiled attempt to say that you guys better appreciate me or I'm gone. But obviously the vast majority of members appreciate you, so you should cheer up and your confusion should be gone..
Yap, I need to know from the members.

You can definitely interpret it according to your liking. To me, it was an honest attempt to know the truth.

It's not appreciation that will drive me, if I know I am doing justice as the BC editor, I am fine.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Miraz - a fraction of people will not like your opinions and a fraction will. You will have to learn to live with the bouquets as well as the brick-bats. As long as you can separate the self from the fans and from BC, it should all be good.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Bepar ta ektu funny hoye gelo na Miraz bhai? Someone criticizes you, and you're thinking of quitting.

Sorry to say this, but that was kinda childish. Find me an author anywhere in this world who is not criticized for whatever he/she writes. Not necessarily everyone will agree with you, and beat the drums for you.

You mentioned that your objective is to lift BC. If that is the case, you should soon realize that you're in the process of doing just that. Writing match reports, researching and writing articles, etc. Show me another member who did that to match it up with your efforts. Yes, a couple of them did. But that's it...JUST A COUPLE.

And for those of you who suffer from "lack of quality criticisms", you are more than welcome to contribute to BC with your criticism of the team. Not always is it possible to criticize the team who have done a tremendous job for us in the WC. They certainly went beyond my expectations. Yes, they've screwed up a few things here and there...and those things we must bring into light. But don't accuse the editors for not being able to do that. You are free to do your own research and write them in the form of an article too.

As far as one-sided thing goes, heck I'ld prefer in many cases. BD team is the most underappreciated team in this world. And the sooner you realize this, the better it is. Don't just hope that the toddler will become an adult overnight.

Once again Miraz bhai, that was childish. Ektu criticism hojom korte hobe bhai.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
It's not appreciation that will drive me, if I know I am doing justice as the BC editor, I am fine.
And what is it that you'll measure this with?

Ajob kaaj karbar.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Not true
Quote:
Just like Ha Ba makes the whole team look meek and weak, your pacifist posts and analysis makes the BC members / fans look gutless and mindless.

True
Quote:
You are supposedly summarizing what the BD fans are thinking. And you are misrepresenting us to the outside world.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old May 22, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Mr. Miraz...May 25(three more days)...take some rest(only two days as we all expect another article just before the test starts)... please get ready with your pen again (i mean keyboard). Last test is coming and we need to gear up and BD cricket needs a great article from you before the test and after the test.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I will agree with it depending on your role. Are you simply writing the bulletin or are you voicing your opinion?

The recent bulletin is simply a summary that can be read from anywhere else on the web. But you can make it a unique piece by voicing your opinion regarding the happenings of the game.
Or just keep the bulletin as it is and start a seperate opinion piece accompanying the bulletin every now and then. It can analyse issues like the batting order yesterday, analysis of Ashraful as the captain on the first day or whatever is the current flavour. Your opinion, mind you, not as a representative of the forum or fans, though you can always borrow ideas.
Old May 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Miraz - a fraction of people will not like your opinions and a fraction will. You will have to learn to live with the bouquets as well as the brick-bats. As long as you can separate the self from the fans and from BC, it should all be good.
My sentiments exactly. I dont see any reason for you to resignate.
Old May 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Miraz Bhai,

Hater paach angool shoman hoi na. Anything you do, you'll have some criticism. "These allegations" are absolutely NOT true.

I know I'm not all that consistent poster, however, I do have BC link on my favorite list, and I click on it at least 20 times daily. One of the main reason for coming to this site is YOU. You are a strong pillar that BC can not afford to lose. Please don't leave.

I hope I'm making a point to you and all those worthless critics who has nothing better to do.
Old May 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Actually, repeating what Zunaid said, it is difficult to please everyone. But you need to be cognizant that we are forum members at www.banglacricket.com not at www.worldcricket.com. So, when you are wearing BC hat you need to be cognizant of the sensitivity of the BC fans.

1. While your "official bulletin" may not reflect many of the BC fan members' passion you have to write what you deem is appropriate -and that right comes from the position bestowed upon you by a group of people who has deemed you to be qualified for the position.

However, on many occassions you may have come across (probably without recognizing) to some of us "mediocre" with "no basic understanding of cricket" fan as equally condescending as some of the Indian fans or reporters in their respective cricket forums. You may want to be cognizant of that fact. I understand that while on a forum you represent yourself as a Bangladeshi fan- then you need to qualify your comments accordingly. In that case, forum rules and guidelines should be equally enforced by moderators on you as a member.

3. Since you've opened this thread, I would assume you are genuinely interested in feedback - so that is why I am giving you this-so take it at its face value with no hidden agenda on my part.

4. While you may not realized that how much of a good intention you may have - and trust me, road to hell is paved with good intention - opening of this thread has given the appearance as though you are trying to seek 100% approval or you do not want you job. This thread should not have been opened in the first place. Or does it have the same HaBa Sourav saga written over it?
Old May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

To get the honest opinion you should ask yourself first. Your liking for Bashar is not somethng unknown to all of us but when you put forward your own personal opinion in the form of official match reports its something which lacks merit. I think Sauron had the same feelings. However to open a thread to garner support in this manner is absolutely ridiculous. You have every right to engineer any report as per your own way but an avid fan has also every right to express his dislikings if he has any. So just accept the criticism and move on.
Old May 22, 2007, 09:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

Hey Miraz

I have known you since WC 2007, and i have never seen any problems in your posting.. you were always helpful not alike some members who used to copy my Game Thread and remove mine because they had better liason..but you helped me out in those matters .. you are great...you ROCK
Old May 22, 2007, 09:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Billah!! You crack me up!! Well said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
What ! No poll ?

I propose a poll here. A poll will give us a crystal clear, comprehensive, unbiased, total and complete view of public opinion on the subject. Next, I propose a Khondakar bulletin on the front page about the poll, so the rest of the world know how ALL of us are ever coherently thinking the EXACT same way about a subject matter.

1. NO.
Your analysis and posts are TRUE, UNBIASED and EXACT picture of the mindframe of EACH & EVERY fan of Bangladesh cricket. Therefore, henceforth, you shall write, on our behalf, all news, columns, bulletins (the heck with the definition of a bulletin), analysis, opinion, articles, interviews, tour diaries and everything else for ever and ever and ever. Your accusers should be punished on a public forum and banished for ever and ever.

2. YES. You are misrepresenting the thoughts of BC members, making us look bad. These accusations are grave and you should receive the capital (web versioni) punishment. Disconnect your internet, dump your PC, get on a plane and move to Kiribati.

Miraz: I have one question for you, since we are on the subject.

Think of this hypothetical scenario. Say, there was a discussion on Global Thermonuclear Warfare on a public forum. This forum, among many other, happens to be hosted on the Washington Post newspaper's server.

Now, let's say that one of the general public participating in this discussion happened to mention something I wrote on BC. Can I, then, open a thread on BC and say that one of my pieces was critically analyzed by the experts of the venerable Washington Post? Would that be appropriate or evern true? Or, would it be my shameless attempt in beating my own drum with misleading information?

Help me, please. I'm so confused.
Old May 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Ask yoursef, know thyself...
Old May 22, 2007, 09:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Miraz

This thread shows me that you care about your job at hand. I am not going to criticize you or anybody for volunteering to take up a job that you didn't have to do. You are doing it for the love of the game, specially for Bangladesh cricket by giving valuable time and effort, so we can enjoy this site. Not the place for me to second guess you or other volunteers. That is my opinion and only mine.

Keep up the bulletins. Its enjoyable..
Old May 22, 2007, 09:48 PM
Club Cricketer

I have been a member of Bangla Cricket for the last 2yrs, although I don't have that many posts,I have religiously followed this website. I think it is a great portal for all Bangladesh cricket fans and the contribution of people who put in the effort to maintain this site and write articles on BD cricket like Miraz are truly praiseworthy.

Miraz, your articles are very well researched and written. Your articles show your passion towards BD cricket and Bangla cricket. I personally believe you are doing a fantastic job and should continue with it. It is easy for people to criticize but very few will raise their hands towards taking up a responsibility which you have. I hope that you will not take it to heart much more and continue with the good job you are doing. Don't let a few offbeat comments bogg you down. Keep it up.
Old May 22, 2007, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I wish Habla and Gollah were like Miraz bhai.
Old May 22, 2007, 10:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Miraz vai... was this thread really necessary? didnt expect it from a matured member llike you...kinda agree with kabir. However, I appreciate your voluntary effort. its not only you, I think all the staffs of BC doing a good job.
Closed Thread