facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2013, 12:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default Bangladesh players barred from IPL during international series

Mohammad Isam
March 6, 2013

The club versus country debate has cropped up again as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan has barred players from participating in the IPL during international series.

Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal are the only Bangladesh players associated with the league, and have not asked for NOCs (No Objection Certificates) yet. Bangladesh's Zimbabwe tour commences on April 13 and ends on May 12, while the IPL is scheduled between April 3 and May 26. Shakib plays for Kolkata Knight Riders and Tamim for Pune Warriors and the BCB decision means the pair will be eligible to play in only four IPL matches.

"There is no chance for players to take part in these [IPL] tournaments when an international series is going on," Hassan said. "As far as I know, cricket boards don't allow such things, and we will not provide that opportunity [either].

"We haven't been requested to provide any NOCs yet. I was asked if they can go to the IPL instead of the Zimbabwe tour, but I told them that they wouldn't be able to. I know for sure that even in my capacity, I cannot let them go."

Hassan didn't single out the two players, but warned players against trying to pick and choose formats. "The country comes first, otherwise there is always the chance of the players thinking they can play in these tournaments, where they have more personal benefits. I am not saying that the players are taking chances, but this attitude isn't healthy when you look at the bigger picture."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/623784.html

Old March 6, 2013, 12:15 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Good news. Bangladesh age
Old March 6, 2013, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
I was asked if they can go to the IPL instead of the Zimbabwe tour, but I told them that they wouldn't be able to. I know for sure that even in my capacity, I cannot let them go.
Hmm...that doesn't sound right at all.
Old March 6, 2013, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Player-der extra income er jonne BPL ache tobu o international tour skip korte chai IPL er jonne.
Old March 6, 2013, 12:18 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

gayle ar pollard er kaas theke lesson nise mone hoi
Old March 6, 2013, 12:48 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Good decision and provided timely...
Old March 6, 2013, 12:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Quote:
I was asked if they can go to the IPL instead of the Zimbabwe tour, but I told them that they wouldn't be able to. I know for sure that even in my capacity, I cannot let them go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Hmm...that doesn't sound right at all.
It's of course either Tamim or Shakib who made such request. I think it is really concerning. These 2 are the most important players for BD and one of them favors IPL over national duty.
Old March 6, 2013, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
"We haven't been requested to provide any NOCs yet. I was asked if they can go to the IPL instead of the Zimbabwe tour, but I told them that they wouldn't be able to. I know for sure that even in my capacity, I cannot let them go."
this line is still confusing to me, who asked him ? Sakib/Tamim? or the franchise/owner? or just some journalists ?
Old March 6, 2013, 12:58 PM

^ Lets not start blaming them already. Since we don't know who are "THEY", its better not to say anything...
Old March 6, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

BCB should be pragmatic. I would agree with the decision if the series was against a top 8 test team.

Shakib/Tamim doesn't have anything to prove by playing against Zimbabwe/Associates. We should be able to beat Zimbabwe without them. In reality result of the Zimbabwe series is more or less meaningless. So BCB might as well let its top performers maximize their earning potential.
Old March 6, 2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
BCB should be pragmatic. I would agree with the decision if the series was against a top 8 test team.

Shakib/Tamim doesn't have anything to prove by playing against Zimbabwe/Associates. We should be able to beat Zimbabwe without them. In reality result of the Zimbabwe series is more or less meaningless. So BCB might as well let its top performers maximize their earning potential.
we couldn't even beat them WITH Shak and Tamim last yr and you think we will beat them WITHOUT them? WOW!
Old March 6, 2013, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
we couldn't even beat them WITH Shak and Tamim last yr and you think we will beat them WITHOUT them? WOW!
Maybe we play better without Tamim and Shakib. I mean in the last series against West Indies, the contribution of Tamim Iqbal. I think both Shakib+Tamim is quality but they take the spot in the national team for guarntee. Hence, bother less about hard-work, Tamim.
Old March 6, 2013, 03:52 PM
Cricket Sage

I like it. On one hand they recently increased the player's payscale twice; and on the other hand now they also clarified and defined a line. Even any player asked it or not, now BCB clarified their stand in public. And I agree with them.

btw it will only impact few players anyway, but it will set the boundary for other players in future,
Old March 6, 2013, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Mohammad Isam
March 6, 2013

Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal are the only Bangladesh players associated with the league, and have not asked for NOCs (No Objection Certificates) yet. Bangladesh's Zimbabwe tour commences on April 13 and ends on May 12, while the IPL is scheduled between April 3 and May 26. Shakib plays for Kolkata Knight Riders and Tamim for Pune Warriors and the BCB decision means the pair will be eligible to play in only four IPL matches.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/623784.html
The reason I don't like to come to BC anymore is people just speculate too much over here and jumps to a conclusion. Just read the 2nd paragraph it clearly says none of the 2 players has asked for NOCs and still people are blaming these two and questioning their commitment.

Even in Shakib's thread people just simply blamed him for having the surgery during the SL series. I mean have this even crossed your mind that it's actually BCB who didn't want to lose Shakib the star for BPL. If Shakib was after money he wouldn't have said no to county and SLPL last year. He was having the injury issues all through 2012, was on rest as BCB wanted him more for the BPL and of course they didn't want to spend the amount to send him all the way to Australia if it is curable in BD so they were taking time as well.

I really don't think any of our national player would put club before national duty. Have faith in these boys.
Old March 6, 2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
'তামিম আর সাকিব আমাকে জিজ্ঞেস করেছিল, শ্রীলঙ্কা ও জিম্বাবুয়েতে না গিয়ে ওরা আইপিএলে খেলতে যেতে পারবে কি না।'
http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=det...e_id=1&index=2

Now then....But its KK
Old March 6, 2013, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Now then....But its KK
KK is just being Kk !! BCB President said he was asked if they can play in Ipl.. He didn't mention any name here but of course Kk just assumed that it has to be Shakib and Tamim. It could be their respective clubs instead.
Old March 6, 2013, 05:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I just quickly checked other news papers regarding TI/Sakib's IPL issue.
What NAdim quoted fom KK is the same I found in banglanews24
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...06032013179582

But look how KK spiced it up by making a title জাতীয় দল বাদ দিয়ে আইপিএল খেলতে চান সাকিব-তামিম! where as the title of banglanews24 is সাকিব-তামিমকে আইপিএলে ছাড়বে না বিসিবিI searched other news papers like PA, Inqilab,Shomokal,Jonokontho,Ittefaq regarding the same news and didn't find any of these papers quoting PApon the way KK & BN24 did.
http://www.dailyjanakantha.com/news_...3-07&ni=127885
http://www.bhorerkagoj.net/new/blog/.../07/106608.php
http://ittefaq.com.bd/index.php?ref=...84XzFfMjQyMDc=
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...07/news/334511

check this part pom KK :
ওই সময়ই দুই তারকা ক্রিকেটারের চাওয়ায় রীতিমতো স্তব্ধ হয়ে যান নাজমুল।
অবশ্য দেশের ক্রিকেটের অভিভাবক হিসেবে তাঁদের আগলানোর চেষ্টাও করেছেন, 'ওরা শুধু জানতে চেয়েছিল। এমন না যে ওরা যাওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েই ফেলেছে। আমি অবশ্য বলেছি এমন অনুমোদন কোনো দেশ দেয়নি।

Old March 6, 2013, 06:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I remember few top Afgan players were playing in BPL this year while their nat side touring Pakistan. tbh I didnt like this re-scheduling at this time around, when BCB knew from long ago this would conflict with IPL. Where as SL-WI postponed their series to open up a window for the players to play in IPL. Such income opertunity for Shakib-Tamim is just unmatched from anywhere in the world with any other offer, missing it will surely effect their attention hence their performance as well.
Old March 6, 2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I remember few top Afgan players were playing in BPL this year while their nat side touring Pakistan. tbh I didnt like this re-scheduling at this time around, when BCB knew from long ago this would conflict with IPL. Where as SL-WI postponed their series to open up a window for the players to play in IPL. Such income opertunity for Shakib-Tamim is just unmatched from anywhere in the world with any other offer, missing it will surely effect their attention hence their performance as well.
But Afghan was playing against Pakistan A team, which is not a int series but against Zim is
Old March 6, 2013, 06:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Comparing Afghan vs Pakistan C team with Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe's important series, one which we lost 2 years ago.

"khoi agorthola aar khoi chokir thola"
Old March 6, 2013, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Comparing Afghan vs Pakistan C team with Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe's important series, one which we lost 2 years ago.

"khoi agorthola aar khoi chokir thola"
I really dont like to put myself for an Indian advocacy here. Since you mention four country names here, apart from Pakistan all are minnows here and missing any chance to earn & exposer thru cricket for mismanagement of scheduling, is just stupidity for low exposed cricket nations.
Old March 6, 2013, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I just quickly checked other news papers regarding TI/Sakib's IPL issue.
What NAdim quoted fom KK is the same I found in banglanews24
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...06032013179582

But look how KK spiced it up by making a title জাতীয় দল বাদ দিয়ে আইপিএল খেলতে চান সাকিব-তামিম! where as the title of banglanews24 is সাকিব-তামিমকে আইপিএলে ছাড়বে না বিসিবিI searched other news papers like PA, Inqilab,Shomokal,Jonokontho,Ittefaq regarding the same news and didn't find any of these papers quoting PApon the way KK & BN24 did.
http://www.dailyjanakantha.com/news_...3-07&ni=127885
http://www.bhorerkagoj.net/new/blog/.../07/106608.php
http://ittefaq.com.bd/index.php?ref=...84XzFfMjQyMDc=
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...07/news/334511

check this part pom KK :
ওই সময়ই দুই তারকা ক্রিকেটারের চাওয়ায় রীতিমতো স্তব্ধ হয়ে যান নাজমুল।
অবশ্য দেশের ক্রিকেটের অভিভাবক হিসেবে তাঁদের আগলানোর চেষ্টাও করেছেন, 'ওরা শুধু জানতে চেয়েছিল। এমন না যে ওরা যাওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েই ফেলেছে। আমি অবশ্য বলেছি এমন অনুমোদন কোনো দেশ দেয়নি।

Even in bdnews24 they have another report on the issue where it says:

বিসিবি ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের চেয়ারম্যান এনায়েত হোসেন এ সম্পর্কে বলেছেন,‘আগে দেশের খেলা খেলতে হবে। এটা স্বাভাবিক নিয়ম। তারাও এটা ভালো করে জানে। আমি নিশ্চিত তারাও এমন কোন আবদার করবে না।’

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...06032013179338

I mean KK seriously needs to stop making news with extra spice !!!
Old March 6, 2013, 07:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
The reason I don't like to come to BC anymore is people just speculate too much over here and jumps to a conclusion. Just read the 2nd paragraph it clearly says none of the 2 players has asked for NOCs and still people are blaming these two and questioning their commitment.
Same here Oronnya. Pura thread e kono khobor nai, hotath kore aise ekta comment diyei dour !

Anyway, good to see BCB admins doing the right thing. As i mentioned it before, even Tamim and Shakib can't make Zim series due to injury then they should not be allowed to take part in IPL too. Matha betha bole school e jaba na, kintu thiki heavy metal concert e jaba, ta to hobe na !!!

Last edited by Naimul_Hd; March 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: Lol...typed 'Moc bhai' instead of 'Oronnya' :)
Old March 6, 2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya

I really don't think any of our national player would put club before national duty. Have faith in these boys.
I agree too.

Not after the experience they have with ICL anyway!
Old March 6, 2013, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Same here Moc bhai. Pura thread e kono khobor nai, hotath kore aise ekta comment diyei dour !

Anyway, good to see BCB admins doing the right thing. As i mentioned it before, even Tamim and Shakib can't make Zim series due to injury then they should not be allowed to take part in IPL too. Matha betha bole school e jaba na, kintu thiki heavy metal concert e jaba, ta to hobe na !!!
Yeah I really liked their decision. They have to be strict on these matters. No favoritism will be accepted. You shouldn't keep the door open so that players can exploit the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I agree too.

Not after the experience they have with ICL anyway!
Yeah. Club can't give them the name, fame and recognition worldwide. I think most of the players plays for their passion and each and everyone wants to play for the national team as long as possible.

Even players like Shakib and Tamim can't possibly put those league matches ahead of national duty. It's not like they are Gayle and all the clubs are going gaga over them. They hardly get any match in those leagues.They won't risk their whole international career for few matches in IPL. That's simple logic and if they ever decides to do so they know the cost I guess.