facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 23, 2004, 07:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Vulnerable Bashar!

It's really very clear now that Bashar is completely Vulnerable to match-pressure!!

Expectations.. tough situations or even sharp possibilities for any positive thing.. gets him to break down!!

it seems to affect not only his batting but also his descition making ability about using bowlers or setting up batting order even!!

It's obvious tht we cant change our captain... but whts the solution to this problem?!!

#put him lower down the batting order?
#stop experimenting with team configuration??
#tell him clearly that he doesn't need to win any matches??!!
#threaten him that his captaincy will be whithdrawn if he doesnt get responsible with his batting???
#fine him part of his match fees?!!

what will bring him back anyway?!!!

[Edited on 23-7-2004 by crickethorizon]

Old July 25, 2004, 06:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Yes you are right, Bashar is quite vulnerable to crumble unders pressure but I guess the only thing that can be done is wait. I think with a little bit of experience as a captain he should start becoming used to pressure and take decisions with a cooler mind. I totally agree with pushing him down the order.
Old July 25, 2004, 07:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Take players from under 19. Our first pre-requisite is to select a good opener pair (which we probably have: Biddut & Golla) and consistent ( what I am doubtful about). Then we need a key player in the first down who is capable of scoring quickly and also of scoring 1s and 2s depending on the situation( one of the under 19 players can fill up the gaps). If these first 3 players can make a good start, bashar can be able to play his normal game.

About balling, I was amazed to see sujon's distorted line & length with a pathetic field placements. If a baller like this starts the innings.....you shouldn't blame the situation going out of hand.

As per dave's remark we should face some changes in the champion's trophy.

And hoping that our injured prides will be coming back into action.

The pak vs BD match will be a trial match of selection.

God luck.

Prohor
Old July 25, 2004, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Good time to try out one of the U-19 to test things out. Have'nt been following the situation with U-19 but is Nafis still top pick or anyone else? I for one am not really keen on Bidyut yet. Saw him in West Indies and the way he looked I saw a long period of stagnation ahead.