facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who should bat at #3 for Bangladesh in ODIs?
Soumya SARKAR 22 59.46%
Mahmudullah RIYAD 4 10.81%
Litton DAS 1 2.70%
Mominul HAQUE 2 5.41%
Mushfiqur RAHIM 7 18.92%
Other (please specify name) 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26, 2015, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default 2015 ODI BanglaCricket XI - No. 3 Batsmen

Mother Thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=45862

Which should be the no. 3 batsmen for Bangladesh in ODIs?

Make a selection in the poll above for your BanglaCricket #3 batsmen. Make sure you vote asap as the poll will expire in 5 days.

Discuss.

Old March 26, 2015, 06:44 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Soumya Sarkar for me. Has done well at that spot throughout WC even though had just one ODI under his belt before the tournament. Still has a long way to go and a lot of things to learn but once he does that, he can be a valuable one down batsman.
Old March 26, 2015, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree with DK. Also Soumya is young if we invest in him it may prove to be instrumental for the future. So i think its worth giving him time. I see people voted Mushfiqur. I would have done the same but without Mushfiqur in the middle order it kind of leaves us vulnerable in there. If Soumya didn't play world cup id be rooting for Mushfiq at #3 but since we found someone like Soumya its best if we leave Mushfiqur in the middle order. Let Soumya take on the new ball and let Mushfiqur smash and bash the older ball.
Old March 26, 2015, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Soumya is already having a good lead.
Old March 26, 2015, 07:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

based on recent performance it's the Governor
Old March 26, 2015, 07:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Sabbir has shown he can fill the mushy void in the middle order if mushy moves to 3, and I'm confident nasir is a long term successful middle/lower order bat as well. Soumya has done well but I think he should be battling for the opener spots.
Old March 26, 2015, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Now that S Sarkar has some exposure and success, I would like to stay with him for an extended time until he start showing sign of not improvement. the Goal is let him play and grow over time, let him make those 30s into 50s and then slowing making those 50s into 100s. let us see how he learn to extend his innings when he is set (like Anamul). At this point I am not worried about the technical aspect of his game, he is technically better than most of out batsman already, its his temperament and experience that is needed.

At this point I will wait before moving him to opining slot. In the world cup I wanted it, as we didn't have all the other options. now that the WC is over, we should try some of the young kids (Litton, Rony, etc) and see if find another S. Sarkar or not. if these experiment fails and Tamim and/or Anamul fail address their issues, only then I would try him as opener.

For us to compete with the big boys in a meaningful way, we must address the RR issue in first 10 overs. And that needs at-least one attacking opener, and the supporting opener (if not attacking) need to know how to rotate the strike and not become a RR liability.
Old March 26, 2015, 03:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Bar his very first list A half century and his last one that was in the World Cup all of his other 50+ scores came as opener. What's interesting is soumya is an opener batting at 3 for the national team and anamul is a 3 batting as opener, maybe swap them around? I'm not saying soumya can't score at 3 but he has primarily been an opener in his professional career.
Old March 26, 2015, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Bar his very first list A half century and his last one that was in the World Cup all of his other 50+ scores came as opener. What's interesting is soumya is an opener batting at 3 for the national team and anamul is a 3 batting as opener, maybe swap them around? I'm not saying soumya can't score at 3 but he has primarily been an opener in his professional career.
yeah i dont get why management swapped them around
Old March 27, 2015, 01:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Very good idea. Hope Haturi mama take a note.
Old March 27, 2015, 01:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
yeah i dont get why management swapped them around
management had its reasons..when Anamul came into the side we were missing Number 3 and Number 2..now we had options to fill Number 3(with mullah,mushy,momin) but no option for number 2..thats why anamul was slated into that position and he did well. When Soumya came into the team the number 3 was still missing..management could have now taken anamul to number 3 and make soumya open but they thought that foreign conditions will be too much for a new player to come and open straight away

Since anamul will be absent for sometime i think this is the time to test soumya for the number 2 spot, and when anamul comes back he can be tried in number 3..but the big question is if we try soumya for number 2..who will be our batsman in number 3

Another thing to notice is that Number 3 is the place we are still searching people to fill in..from the last BanglaCricket XI Number 3 was the only position where the selected guy is no longer with the team not because of age or injury
Old March 27, 2015, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Soumya ( if he doesnt get the opening slot )

Mushy ( if Soumya gets the opening gig)
Old March 27, 2015, 08:27 AM
Cricket Sage

If Anamul is not good for #2, then for the same reason he will not be good for #3.

Anamul has good temperament, once set can stay long enough, and had some runs under his belt. But the problem is his footwork (or lack of it), too shaky at the beginning, wste too many dot balls, doesn't know how take quick singles by just pushing the ball in the gaps, running between the wicket is also pretty bad, always a risk getting run out.

So unless he start addressing some of these issues moving him to #3 will not solve any problem, it will move the problem from one phase of the game to another phase.

That's why I am hesitant to switch slots between Sarkar and Anamul, that will not solve the team problem. I would rather give opportunity to Litton or being another young payers and solve the team problem.

btw I have no doubt that Sarkar will suit perfectly as our opener. All indication is, he will take advantage of the power play field position and have some quick runs, which I am looking from atleast one of our openers.
Old March 27, 2015, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
based on recent performance it's the Governor
Government.
Old March 28, 2015, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Soumya will easily take the no. 3 spot home. I'm tempted to close up this thread and move onto the next one but oh well :p
Old March 29, 2015, 12:06 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

its interesting how most of u want Soumya for no.3 when his style doesnt suit no.3 at all. In my judgement, no.3 should be a steady, consistent scoring batsman who will build the innings and have the ability to play longer. A typical no.3 is expected to play between 10-30 overs for majority of his matches regardless of the strike rate.

To me, the ideal no.3 would by Mushy but the coach never really had him play there and I can sort of see why now. Shakib cannot be trusted to save a collapse or play a long innings all by himself which Mushy can do better. So I guess it has to be Riyad for now. Soumya, with his willingness to score runs and fluent use of the restrictions early on, should be playing one of the opening position. This fortunately happens to be his original position too! it should be opener-soumya-riyad-mushy-shak-nasir-shabbir.

Last edited by Rinathq; March 29, 2015 at 01:53 AM..
Old March 29, 2015, 12:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
its interesting how most of u want Soumya for no.3 when his style doesnt suit no.3 at all. In my judgement, no.3 should be a steady, consistent scoring batsman who will build the innings and have the ability to play longer. A typical no.3 is expected to play between 10-30 overs for majority of his matches regardless of the strike rate.

To me, the ideal no.3 would by Mushy but the coach never really had him play there and I can sort of see why now. Shakib cannot be trusted to save a collapse or play a long innings all by himself which Mushy can do better. So I guess it has to be Riyad for now. Soumya, by his willingness to score runs and use the restrictions early on, should be playing one of the opening position. This fortunately happens to be his original position too! it should opener-soumya-riyad-mushy-shak-nasir-shabbir.
Imo sabbir showed in this World Cup that he can fill mushy's void in the middle Lowe order so I'd still like to see mushy up there. Openers, then mushy, then riyad, then shakib and sabbir, nasir at 7.
Old March 29, 2015, 11:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Other: LKD-Soumya should open, Anam should bat at #3, like they did at U/19 level. Anam should not be sent early to face the swing, but hopefully he can play consolidation role well when early wicket falls.
Old March 31, 2015, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

The poll is officially closed

CONGRATS TO SOUMYA SARKAR