facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 27, 2008, 05:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Squads Announced

Dollar the only new face
TigerCricket.com Report
27-May-2008

The Bangladesh National Squads for the Tri-Nation ODI Series 2008 & Asia Cup 2008 were announced today (Tuesday). Fast bowler Dollar Mahmud was the only uncapped player in the the sides selected for the tournaments.
Wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim returned to the ODI side after being dropped for the series’ against South Africa and Ireland at home. Rahim was rewarded for topping the run-scorers list in the prestigious Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League 2008. He scored 632 in 14 matches at an average of 48.61. Also coming back was Mehrab Hossain (Jr.) who will fight for the place of leading all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan who has opted out of the Tri-Series and Asia Cup because of Higher Secondary examination
commitments.
The Bangladesh A Team for the tours of Ireland and England from June-August.
Bangladesh Squad for Tri-Nation ODI Series 2008
Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Vice Captain), Mahmudullah Riyad, Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Abdur Razzak,
Farhad Reza, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Nazim Uddin, Roqibul Hassan, Shahadat Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper), Mehrab
Hossain (Jr.), Dollar Mahmud
Reserves:
Zunaed Siddique, Dhiman Ghosh, Rubel Hossain, Alok Kapali, Musharraf Hossain
Bangladesh Squad for Asia Cup 2008
Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Vice Captain), Mahmudullah Riyad, Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Abdur Razzak,
Farhad Reza, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Nazim Uddin, Roqibul Hassan, Shahadat Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper), Mehrab
Hossain (Jr.), Dollar Mahmud, Musharraf Hossain
Reserves:
Zunaed Siddique, Dhiman Ghosh, Rubel Hossain, Alok Kapali, Naeem Islam
Bangladesh A Team for Tour of Ireland 2008
1. Zunaed Siddique LHB
2. Imrul Kayes LHB
3. Shamsur Rahman Shuvo RHB
4. Alok Kapali RHB/LB
5. Jahurul Islam Omi RHB
6. Nadif Chowdhury LHB
7. Naeem Islam RHB/OB
8. Dhiman Ghosh WK/RHB
9. Rubel Hossain RFM/RHB
10. Syed Rasel LMF/LHB
11. Sohrawardi Shuvo LHB/SLA
12. Mahbubul Alam Robin RMF/RHB
13. Arafat Sunny SLA/LHB
14. Nazmul Hossain RMF/RHB
Reserves:
1. Nazmus Sadat LHB
2. Farhad Hossain RHB/OB
3. Sahagir Hossain Pavel WK/RHB
4. Deloyar Hossain RMF/RHB
5. Sajedul Islam LFM/LHB
Players to return home after the first match in England against England U 19 at Loughborough in Leicestershire:

1. Shamsur Rahman Shuvo
2. Nadif Chowdhury
3. Dhiman Ghosh
4. Jahurul Islam Omi
5. Imrul Kayes
6. Sohrawardi Shuvo
7. Arafat Sunny
8. Mahbubul Alam Robin

Bangladesh A Team for Tour of England 2008
15. Zunaed Siddique LHB
16. Tamim Iqbal LHB
17. Nazim Uddin RHB
18. Roqibul Hassan RHB
19. Naeem Islam RHB/OB
20. Mushfiqur Rahim WK/RHB
21. Alok Kapali RHB/LB
22. Rajin Salah RHB/OB
23. Musharraf Hossain Rubel SLA/LHB
24. Sajedul Islam LFM/LHB
25. Dollar Mahmud RFM/RHB
26. Nazmul Hossain RMF/RHB
27. Rubel Hossain RFM/RHB
28. Syed Rasel LMF/LHB
29. Shakib Al Hasan LHB/SLA
Note:
· Players to join the A Team from the Asia Cup Squad - Tamim Iqbal, Nazim Uddin, Roqibul Hassan, Mushfiqur Rahim,
Musharraf Hossain and Dollar Mahmud. Shakib Al Hasan will join the A Team from Dhaka after the completion of his HSC
Examination. Rajin Salah and Sajedul Islam will also join the team from Dhaka.
· Players returning home after the Ireland Tour will be considered as reserves for the Tour of England.

Old May 27, 2008, 05:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Thanks pilot fan... Imrul Kayes and Shamsur Rahman should have been part of the main squad! A good selection nonetheless.

BTW- No Enamul Haque Jnr?!!!
Old May 27, 2008, 05:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

A team for England is Bhua. Tamim/Sakib/Mushi/Nazim shouldn't have been there. Dhiman and a few other guys should have got the chance to play.

Inclusion of Tamim has no reason.
Old May 27, 2008, 05:52 AM
Cricket Sage

National team is more or less the same as it was. Strangely, Nazim got a preference over Junaid. Both the teams are same but one change in the Asia cup reserve bench, doesn't make any sense.
Old May 27, 2008, 05:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Banfan, maybe this might help you understand the reasons behind the inclusion of the likes of Tamims and Shakibs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
The squad should be comprised, mainly, of young national, out of favour national players and the fringe players. This is a very important tour in terms of gaining precious experience of playing against County teams- as well as South Africa- in English (British) conditions. We should send the strongest squad available barring three or four 'senior' national players. This would be my squad:

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Junaid
4. Rokibul
5. Naeem
6. Rajin
7. Alok
8. Shakib
9. Mushfiq
10. Dhiman (?)
11. Aftab
12. Shahadat
13. Sajid
14. Dolar
15. Talha

16. Enam

If we are only allowed to send 15 players then Enam makes the cut and one of the bats drops out.
Old May 27, 2008, 05:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
BTW- No Enamul Haque Jnr?!!!
Strange, he is not even in 'A' team. May be his club won't leave him
Old May 27, 2008, 06:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sakib

Are Eta Kemon Squad
Junaed, Rasel, Dhiman Nai

Mushfiq Ektu Valo Khelai Dhuika Gelo
Ajeira
Vua
Faltu
Konodin Ekta Valo Squad Korte Parlo Na

Emon Squad Hoile
Bd Ki Jitbo Naki
Bd Harboi

Old May 27, 2008, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

All the squads are crap! Alok deserved a chance ahead of Mehrab Jr. Aftab survives, while Junaid and Dhiman are dropped! Mushfiq is brought in as the only keeper prematurely again and I guess he'll be made to bat at no. 7 where he'll be out for ducks and drop sitters as keeper, he couldve been picked as a batsman while Dhiman would keep and bat at no. 7! Nazimuddin and Roquibul Hasan remain despite regularly failing to get picked for the final XI. And on what basis has Dolar been picked? His academy performances were below par, didnt hear anything about him in the Premier League. Looks like the management and Siddons have a grudge against poor Rasel, whatever opportunity they get they avoid Rasel. And half the national team is sent to play for the 'A' team, yes they will probably win most of the matches, but is that what the 'A' team should be about? It is there for a team to develop its second tier players.
Old May 27, 2008, 06:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
All the squads are crap! Alok deserved a chance ahead of Mehrab Jr. Aftab survives, while Junaid and Dhiman are dropped! Mushfiq is brought in as the only keeper prematurely again and I guess he'll be made to bat at no. 7 where he'll be out for ducks and drop sitters as keeper, he couldve been picked as a batsman while Dhiman would keep and bat at no. 7! Nazimuddin and Roquibul Hasan remain despite regularly failing to get picked for the final XI. And on what basis has Dolar been picked? His academy performances were below par, didnt hear anything about him in the Premier League. Looks like the management and Siddons have a grudge against poor Rasel, whatever opportunity they get they avoid Rasel. And half the national team is sent to play for the 'A' team, yes they will probably win most of the matches, but is that what the 'A' team should be about? It is there for a team to develop its second tier players.
top post, pretty much said it all really. the teams and players are all over the place. rahim has been re-selected for the national team only to be dropped again to go on an A tour. tamim and shakib possibly the 2 best national players at the current time are also being sent on one of the A tours. they must be using the A tour in england as a chance to give some of the national players extra experience in those conditions, problem with that is it means a handful of other players won't get that chance who could have really used it to help improve BD's depth.
Old May 27, 2008, 06:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Syed Rasel not in National squad? Ki ar komu....selection er prothomei bhul...
Old May 27, 2008, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I like that they brought young nationals with A team, but seriously why was mehrab given the go ahead of alok kapali, and why is syed rasel out of the national squad????
Old May 27, 2008, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Targeting junior stars of the nat'l team to give exposure in English condition goes in line with the current vision: "building core team players looking at the future".
Old May 27, 2008, 08:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I like that they brought young nationals with A team, but seriously why was mehrab given the go ahead of alok kapali, and why is syed rasel out of the national squad????
Very very valid question! ...and a few of the regular posters were crying for the heads of Athar, Faruq and co. Perhaps, they feel much more comfortable now that Tigermama and Co. are at the helm.
Old May 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Mushfiq should have served some more time. Dollar can't be better than Rasel.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

I wonder what our seam will comprise of, shahadat still needs a lot of improvement in One day bowling, particularly the first 10 overs, rather than at the death.

If Dolar is given a chance, I hope he has something that makes him dangerous I doubt his pace is anything above 85+mph, but I hope he has some swing, or at the least a good stock of slower balls.

Does anyone have the dates of the Ireland and England academy tours.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

The thread title is a bit confusing. It should have the tour name.

Thanks for the info btw.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Oh according to CricInfo, Rasel is injured.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Oh according to CricInfo, Rasel is injured.
To be honest this conveniant, let him rest and get back on for the academy tours, long term good for BD cricket, bad for short term.

And I hope that stupid bolod aftab raise his standards.
Old May 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Other than omission of Rasel and inclusion of Mushy I have no complain. Remember I am the biggest fan of Mushy, but I think we should have continued with Dhiman and Mushy should feel the heat to regain his position.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Rasel is injured according to cricinfo.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Enamul Jr. is already playing in England. He will get a good understanding of the English condition at the end of the season.

I guess selectors are only considering him for Tests and that's why left him out of the squads.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:37 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

OH no Junaid is out. Oh well, I guess SN will have to play all the games now.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Enamul Jr. is already playing in England. He will get a good understanding of the English condition at the end of the season.

I guess selectors are only considering him for Tests and that's why left him out of the squads.
is he playing first class/list A at the least
Old May 27, 2008, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Rasel is still struggling with his ankle injury and Nazmul got groin injury, and thus both are not considered for the national team.

Only complain I have about team selection is Nasir Hossain should have been picked for the Ireland leg of the A-team tour, ahead of Nadif Chowdhury. Nadif has done too little to justify his selection in the A-team.

Last edited by Eshen; May 27, 2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old May 27, 2008, 10:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Most dissappointed in Dhiman being out of the fold. He was kicked out for no reason. Tamim should not have been in the A team by any means. He is the most consistent batsman rite now.
Inclusion of Aftab and Nadif as the respective levels is totally illogical