facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2010, 09:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Default Kneejerk Thread: Not getting a win against G8 is getting is becoming unbearable

I am too frustrated guys. While I appreciate a century here and a good bowling spell there, failing to transform them into a win against a G8 is getting too unbearable. I don't know what could be done. Including today's match, this is our 8th straight defeat against G8s. 410 days has passed since we tasted our last success against a G8. Granted that we played eight ODIs only in the mentioned time frame, but still, if we can't squeeze a single win from whatever opportunity we got against big boys even after preparing our self by playing so many matches against minnows, it is hard even for a hardcore fan to quantify the improvements we are making, let alone the non-Bangladeshi critics. Siddons, you are a good coach but time has come to accept that fact you need to produce some wins against G8 sides to keep the fans alive and let the critics not making too much noise. And time has come for our players to do some self-reflection to understand why match after match they are losing the plot even after putting themselves in a good position. We can't move forward if these questions are not answered. 410 days of waiting and still counting for a single win against big boys-isn't it too much to take? For me it is, it is pushing me to the breaking point. Share your thought guys.

ভুয়া

Last edited by BD-Shardul; February 28, 2010 at 10:27 AM..

Old February 28, 2010, 09:40 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I feel the same as you vai

Old February 28, 2010, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

We lost because of Aftab+Zunaid+Kayes.

Main Reason we lost because of that pathetic Dwarf Mushfiqur.

Heres written proof from cricinfo.
So, England go one-nil up in the one-day series with a six-wicket win. Good, professional performance from England with Cook and Collingwood's half-centuries sealing the victory with plenty of time to spare. There was a little stutter before Collingwood and Morgan seized the initiative with an 88-run partnership. Bangladesh were let down by a few lapses in the field, particularly from Mushfiqur Rahim. And, of course, they will also be disappointed not to have been able to give any meaningful support to a fine knock from Tamim Iqbal.

Last edited by gunda; February 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM..
Old February 28, 2010, 10:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Not kneejerk at all. Agree with you 100%.
Old February 28, 2010, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Lets start with good team selection. And then we need a head coach who can spend more time with bench/"alternative" players, and with the final 15. I want see a head coach who spends quality time with players: not away all the time from the team on vacation and watch the game by himself. Siddons works more like a batting coach, he is simply not capable of running a Test Team by himself. No other test team would hire him as a head coach, ever! He probably wont even get an IPL contract.

We need an experienced head coach someone like John Wright, then you will see dramatic improvement.
Last but not least, we need impartial umpire and a good wicket keeper.

Last edited by reyme; February 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM..
Old February 28, 2010, 10:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Middle order batsmen and Mushy cost us this match.
This should be rectified.
Old February 28, 2010, 10:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

Why Razzak? Why Mashrafe? Why Aftab? and Why Zunayed?
If no replacement available then draft someone else at least for the future.
Old February 28, 2010, 10:21 AM
Banned

নিজের সতীত্ব প্রমাণের জন্য সীতার জীবন দিতে হয়েছিল। আমার মাঝে মাঝে মনে হয়, বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের ফ্যানরা এর চেয়ে বড় পরীক্ষা দিয়ে যাচ্ছে প্রতিনিয়ত। সেই পরীক্ষার নাম হল প্রতীক্ষার পরীক্ষা। জয়বিহীন একটা সিরিজের পর শুরু হয় আরেকটা সিরিজের প্রতীক্ষা। প্রতিক্ষা, তাও আবার পুরা দিন গুণে গুণে। নাওয়া-খাওয়া, পড়াশোনা, কাজ-কর্ম---শত ঝক্কি-ঝামেলার মাঝেও চলে প্রতীক্ষা আর স্ট্রাটেজি-ম্যাকিং। মাগার ফালাফলটা কি হয়? ফলাফল হয়ঃ প্রতীক্ষা আরো দরকার। আর এই পৃথিবীর সবচেয়ে কঠিন পরীক্ষার নাম হল প্রতিক্ষা, কারণ এই পরীক্ষা হল সবচেয়ে বিরক্তিকর।
Old February 28, 2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Can a mod please rectify the title to: "Not getting a win against G8 is becoming unbearable"

I was too angry when I opened the thread.

Thanks.
Old February 28, 2010, 10:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

we are getting close ... ... ... we need to give some support to tamim
Old February 28, 2010, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Add me to this support group.

However, many will point out that there are still 10 months left in the year so we have plenty of time to get our allocated one win.
Old February 28, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Can I drop myself from following this humiliation and pain?
I wish I could.
Old February 28, 2010, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

if were talking middle order then shouldnt riyadh and mushy count?? and kayes wasnt much help either! Tamim once again performed alone... too bad the rest couldnt follow in his footsteps ..they couldnt even come close...so much for the support from your team. And Zunaed & Aftab lets not even go there... SO IT WASNT ASH afterall! LOL
Old February 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
if were talking middle order then shouldnt riyadh and mushy count?? and kayes wasnt much help either! Tamim once again performed alone... too bad the rest couldnt follow in his footsteps ..they couldnt even come close...so much for the support from your team. And Zunaed & Aftab lets not even go there... SO IT WASNT ASH afterall! LOL
Ash was part of the problem. But Z and Aftab deserve the same fate as Ash. Riyadh could've been counted as a regular batsman (with a promotion to Mushy as well) and Shuvo could have been an additional spinner. That would have been handy. Mushy should lose the gloves.

Mash looked really out of shape. I hope we didn't rush him back.
Old February 28, 2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Can I drop myself from following this humiliation and pain?
I wish I could.
I also wish I could
Old February 28, 2010, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Raynman bhai, I think we did rush him back. It was quite evident from the practice match actually.

Anyways, we need to start winning matches. Individual performances are great and it's always nice to see a batsman score a century, but cricket is a game of eleven men and our records so far this year aren't looking great. We need to start beating better teams.
Old February 28, 2010, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Desperately need to win a few matches in this tour. If we can't beat England in our home soil, then what other G8 nation can we beat?
Old February 28, 2010, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Raynman bhai, I think we did rush him back. It was quite evident from the practice match actually.

Anyways, we need to start winning matches. Individual performances are great and it's always nice to see a batsman score a century, but cricket is a game of eleven men and our records so far this year aren't looking great. We need to start beating better teams.
I fully agree. I'm afraid that some of the problem however lies in the coaching and/or mgmnt where the individual performances are being accepted as the right path to be on.

We should be way past those days of letting a century erase the fact that a lot of these matches have been winnable but at the end turned out to be a casual victory for the opponent.

England is the one country that probably takes ODIs least seriously and on top of that they sent a team with key members missing. Not being able to push this team to the wire on BD soil to me is very concerning for where we are as a cricketing nation.

I really hope we don't have to wait till July till we play IRE, SCO, NED to get our first W in 2010 or heaven forbid till our next compulsory series against ZIM later this year.
Old February 28, 2010, 04:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

problem is we always playing one against XI. thats the problem.

Siddons has done a huge job of taking whatmore's "ashraful-centric" team into creating a round table where any top 8 batsmen can crack a century on his day, and he's done it both forms of the game.

unfortunately, the outcomes are no different, except that Bangladesh rarely get throttled these days. whatmore won more games, but whatmore's teams also had the rank minnow tag. if you look at siddons' team, we are minnows, but only in the actual result, not in the manner of losing. we haven't been blown out many times at all, and in fact have made matches out of hopeless situations. whatmore's team for every G8 win, had at least 5 games where they were either bundled out for 120 or lost the match by 100+ runs or 8+ wickets. thats a rarity under siddons.

but the problem is, every game we're playing with just one top order batsmen firing. today it was tamim - who's knock was brilliant, more so in though process rather than sheer execution - and last time it was imrul. when one batsman scores 40-50% of the total, unless thats tendulkar's 200*, you likely won't win. the way tamim was playing, had even 2 of the 5 or 6 top order flunkies played even a average innings, tamim would likely have scored 175* and carried the bat. he got out simply cuz he had to shield razzak at the other end and still score runs in a powerplay.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 28, 2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

And wasn't there many members here who thought we would win the ODI series against England. lol
Old February 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Some members might be laughing at those who expected a win or even a series win, but not taking in account that nobody knew the team selection at that point. Most of us did not expect an unfit pacer's inclusion or both position three and four occupied with very technically incorrect players. They way TI batted we just needed another batsman to deliver a 70+ innings or 2 more scoring around 30. This could put the opponent into enough pressure as we could dry up the runs with a more cautious approach.

BTW I never expected to win but TI actually changed my stance last night . If he can punish Bresnan-Broad-Collingwood like that then we just need someone for a long time support him ATW. Shakib had the biggest opportunity in this match actually since the opportunity to beat India when we had 296 on the board.

I cannot say they lack commitment or anything. The problem is whatever fielding and bowling flaws are part of us, it could be a different story had Shakib stayed with TI as a couple for another ten overs or so and we could really utilize the PP.
Old February 28, 2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quoting myself from the WI-Zimbo thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
We had one century today. But we lost.
Zim had six s. But Zim won.
Old February 28, 2010, 05:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i feel ya, Shardul, again i repeat,

HOW MUCH MORE EASIER DO YOU WANT IT TO GET????

we will still manage to screw up!!!! somehow out of nowhere, is it inexperience? or is the nature of the players?
Old February 28, 2010, 05:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Some members might be laughing at those who expected a win or even a series win, but not taking in account that nobody knew the team selection at that point. Most of us did not expect an unfit pacer's inclusion or both position three and four occupied with very technically incorrect players. They way TI batted we just needed another batsman to deliver a 70+ innings or 2 more scoring around 30. This could put the opponent into enough pressure as we could dry up the runs with a more cautious approach.

BTW I never expected to win but TI actually changed my stance last night . If he can punish Bresnan-Broad-Collingwood like that then we just need someone for a long time support him ATW. Shakib had the biggest opportunity in this match actually since the opportunity to beat India when we had 296 on the board.

I cannot say they lack commitment or anything. The problem is whatever fielding and bowling flaws are part of us, it could be a different story had Shakib stayed with TI as a couple for another ten overs or so and we could really utilize the PP.

completely agree! this one should have been in the bag. NO EXCUSES! the players have plenty of experience, plenty of "class"(psuedo), plenty of hype, but lack of juice!

England is as easist as it will get(maybe Pakistan, but not willing to underestimate them)...

the way Mushfiqur and Shakib got themselves out is inexcusable at this level of cricket!
Old February 28, 2010, 07:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
We lost because of Aftab+Zunaid+Kayes.

Main Reason we lost because of that pathetic Dwarf Mushfiqur.

Heres written proof from cricinfo.
So, England go one-nil up in the one-day series with a six-wicket win. Good, professional performance from England with Cook and Collingwood's half-centuries sealing the victory with plenty of time to spare. There was a little stutter before Collingwood and Morgan seized the initiative with an 88-run partnership. Bangladesh were let down by a few lapses in the field, particularly from Mushfiqur Rahim. And, of course, they will also be disappointed not to have been able to give any meaningful support to a fine knock from Tamim Iqbal.
We had the game until Mahmud got out cheaply. But we can't blame him. I blame only Imrul, Junaid and Aftab. They are hopeless musketeer. We need replacement for them. I suggest bring in Alauddin Babu and put Mahmud up the order. Alauddin is an allrounder. Mushfiq did ok today. It was unfortunate to be run out. Captain needs to perform. We want our players to perform, but not for the lost cause. We have the capacity, we need to strategize and regroup; take the field again. Failure is not a option in next game. Lets do it.

Last edited by ahms; February 28, 2010 at 07:49 PM..