facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 28, 2005, 06:39 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't think Freddy will play against Bangladesh. Actually I would like to see Shajid Mahmood in England line up which wont happen most likely!

Old April 28, 2005, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif

I vote the Desh Bangla's status be changed from Forum Abuser to "Village Idiot"

Just a suggestion.
Old April 28, 2005, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

who is this? i have never heard of him before. is he a boler or batsman and all rounder.
Old April 29, 2005, 02:59 AM
Street Cricketer

With all due respect, Flintoff is a world-class all-rounder. As much as I hate the guy for some reason, his performances for England have been a major factor in their elevated status to one of the best test teams in the world.
Personally, I don't think he will be selected (at least for the 1st Test) as the England Selectors will want him fresh for the Ashes and ODIs.
However, we do have Kevin Pieterson to contend with, whom I believe will be selected for the 1st Test. The England selectors will want to try him out before the Ashes and what good time than against us 'minnows'.
The upshot of this poll is no matter whom plays against us, we need to do our research on the strengths and weaknesses of each and every opposition player, be it Flintoff, Pieterson or the Queen!
Old April 29, 2005, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Desh Bangla is banned! Why?

PS: I'm not a Desh Bangla fan, just want to know why he was banned.

Edited on, April 29, 2005, 8:21 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old April 29, 2005, 08:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Flintoff flops in comeback tie

"Andrew Flintoff’s build-up to the Ashes got off to the worst possible start on Wednesday when his long-awaited return to the county championship proved a flop. The England star, who was returning to action following a January operation on a bone spur, fell to a fifth ball duck " source
Old April 29, 2005, 09:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Flintoff flops in comeback tie

"Andrew Flintoff’s build-up to the Ashes got off to the worst possible start on Wednesday when his long-awaited return to the county championship proved a flop. The England star, who was returning to action following a January operation on a bone spur, fell to a fifth ball duck " source
and then

"The all-rounder, who made a duck in the first innings against Worcestershire, smashed 83 from 101 balls. " BBC
Old April 29, 2005, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86

I have the same question.I m not his fan but just wanna know the reason.(jodi secret na hoy)
Old April 29, 2005, 05:52 PM
Test Cricketer

not secret. say it in the bengali way. "cigarette"

As in....

tumi akta "cigarette" shunthe chow?
Old April 29, 2005, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86

He was flooding (perhaps unwittingly) the forum with nonsense. He was given a lot of warnings though.
Old April 29, 2005, 06:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

i can understand why people dislike Flintoff, he can be a bit of a show off at times and make a fool out of himself with his celebrations, but, he has an uncanny knack of getting underneath the opponents skin, and is a very confident character.

I remember a few years ago when he was playing against South Africa. Ntini was bowling and the ball came off the bottom edge of Flintoffs bat and landed at Flintoffs feet, instead of kicking it back to the bowler or whatever, he made Ntini come at get it from his feet, which embarrased Ntini, and annoyed the other SA players, getting under their skin in the process. He then clobbered about 70 more runs in about 35 balls.

And, of course the sledging. What he said to the inexperienced Windies players last year to get under thier skin was laughable but brilliant, and worked every time. The best one was at Lords when Tini Best had a huge slog and missed, Freddie said to him from 1st slip "Mind the windows Tino", next ball Best got stumped going for the windows. Genious.
Old April 29, 2005, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

well, Tino Best is hardly a batsman. He would have been gone cheaply anyway.
Old April 29, 2005, 06:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
I know, but it was just the way he exploited Tino Bests character and inexperience that I enjoyed. Also, the fact Freddie has knocked his stumps out first ball in the previous innings.

Edited on, April 29, 2005, 11:43 PM GMT, by rob22888.
Old April 29, 2005, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

I wonder if sledging will work against our batsmen? I mean Rafique, for example, won't understand what's being said! But then again, if our batsmen are being sledged it might mean they are getting to the opposition!

Lets hope they stay in long enough to get sledged
Old April 29, 2005, 07:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

If your batsmen do get sledged they can just reply with lots of verbal abuse, in whatever language you speak - England won't understand!

Seriously though, I doubt there will be a lot of verbals going around, there is not a lot of fire between the two sides to be honest.
Old April 29, 2005, 07:20 PM
Club Cricketer

A little bit of sledging is always enjoyable in International Cricket and I hate to see ICC slapping fines on players for a little innocent fun. I say encourage sledging until it gets to a personal level which even I would disagree with. And rob, as much as it may shock you, some bangladeshis do know how to speak english! Take a look at MOST of the fans in banglacricket.
Old April 29, 2005, 08:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Dear Moderators:tiger:,
Please bann the forum abuser from this site until 2015. May be he got aged enough that time to post a message in the forum.
Thanks.
Old April 29, 2005, 08:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Our best sledger, by far, is Pilot - if you have watched BD live you can tell it easily. I imagine Ash & Rajin are talkers too. Rafiq and Masree are more the non-verbal kind - they'll glare and what not.
Old April 29, 2005, 09:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Pilot talks non-stop. He is always telling bowlers how to bowl at the particular batsman in the crease.

"oitarey bairey ball dibi na "..." ay line e kor "... " ha..ay ball ta abar "..." ore khela "..etc...sort of stuff.
Old April 30, 2005, 06:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rockpundit
A little bit of sledging is always enjoyable in International Cricket and I hate to see ICC slapping fines on players for a little innocent fun. I say encourage sledging until it gets to a personal level which even I would disagree with. And rob, as much as it may shock you, some bangladeshis do know how to speak english! Take a look at MOST of the fans in banglacricket.
I am aware of that, but the Englishmen cannot speak your language. Thats my point.
Old April 30, 2005, 12:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
Quote:
I am aware of that, but the Englishmen cannot speak your language. Thats my point.
Shame on you rob! you guys missed the boat. After all 200+ yrs is a long time to learn a language
Old April 30, 2005, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Beamer
Pilot talks non-stop. He is always telling bowlers how to bowl at the particular batsman in the crease.

"oitarey bairey ball dibi na "..." ay line e kor "... " ha..ay ball ta abar "..." ore khela "..etc...sort of stuff.
kombeshi kintu amar mone hoi shob wicket keeper ai cheer leading ar kajta kore thake. onekta pichon theke netritto dewar moton. ebong ai bishoye kintu amar shob shomoy moin khan ar kotha mone hoi. tini kintu bolten, "shabash saki shabash" ,"aisai hoga, koi bat nai"
Old April 30, 2005, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

i am too disheartened to know that my fellow english cricket fans feel entertained by stumping a tail ender batsman. i am ashamed. i dont think even our fans will be that entertained even after getting out an english tail ender batsman..oops:
Old April 30, 2005, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnab
I know, but it was just the way he exploited Tino Bests character and inexperience that I enjoyed. Also, the fact Freddie has knocked his stumps out first ball in the previous innings.

Edited on, April 29, 2005, 11:43 PM GMT, by rob22888.
he might make sure now that his stumps dont fly from lords to manchester when mashri bolls. because mashri did that too shewag. who is one of the most attacking batsman of current times.
Old April 30, 2005, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
even i know english!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow isnt that great. many people might think ami kintu shudhui jaihok ebong kintu bole thaki. kintu ashole ami kintu english o bolte pari. shai shathe kintu ami kichu thai bhashao bole thaki mazhe mazhe.