facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan
Thumbs up No SLPL for Tamim -- National duty first !

Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal is set to miss his opportunity to play in the upcoming Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL).

SLPL, which is scheduled for July 20 to August 4, will overlap Bangladesh’s tour of Zimbabwe and the opener will be on duty for the national side.

“I was interested to participate in the SLPL but I will be busy training with the national team during that time. Not only for me but I think for every player, national duty comes first. So, I have no regret whatsoever that I won’t be able to make it for the SLPL,” said Tamim who is currently passing his holidays in Chittagong with his family and friends.

Tamim signed a contract with the Somerset Entertainment Ventures, a Singapore-based company who are handling the SLPL management. The contract was reached during the World Cup but any contact is yet to be made by any SLPL side.

http://www.daily-sun.com/?view=detai...e_id=1&index=0

Old May 17, 2011, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Lets picture the same scenario with IPL...
Old May 18, 2011, 12:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

We all knew it was inevitable didn't we?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 18, 2011, 12:44 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Smart decision......

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 18, 2011, 12:57 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

One word....Respect!
Old May 18, 2011, 12:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Too bad for him.
Anyways, the Board is his employer and they have the final say.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 18, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

National duty and playing in this league are not mutually exclusive. If we do not have any international match at that time, I do not see any reason why he should not play there.
Old May 18, 2011, 01:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^ SLPL is on from July 20th to August 4th.
Bangladesh leaves for Zimbabwe on the last week of July and the Test match starts on the 4th.
So, it does collide.
Old May 18, 2011, 02:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
National duty and playing in this league are not mutually exclusive. If we do not have any international match at that time, I do not see any reason why he should not play there.
That not the point, the IPL is a crapfest where Bangladeshis are sidelined and SLPL would be even lower in quality. So whats the point of playing is a league where there is hardly any thing worth while to learn.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
That not the point, the IPL is a crapfest where Bangladeshis are sidelined and SLPL would be even lower in quality. So whats the point of playing is a league where there is hardly any thing worth while to learn.
Sidelined or are our players still of not that world class level. Guess only 2 names come up for World Class Shakib and Tamim and one is playing in IPL and other who was not picked in IPL was invited for the lower level SLPL.
Well playing abroad gives good exposure and if players earns some money 20-30k is good for him provided it does not clash with national duties. Here is was Bad luck for Tamim
Old May 18, 2011, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ SLPL is on from July 20th to August 4th.
Bangladesh leaves for Zimbabwe on the last week of July and the Test match starts on the 4th.
So, it does collide.
If there is an overlap of the schedules, I think, the SLPL can not force the player to play there instead of the national team. If the contract allows international matches as the higher priority thing, it is even more desirable.

Quote:
money, my dear friend. play or no play, there is a good amount of money involved in the IPL and I want our players to get rich. Learning comes not only by playing the actual matches but also by practising with such a mix of experiences. When Shakib is facing Brett Lee at the KKR net, he will not get intimidated next time he faces Lee for bangladesh.
Old May 18, 2011, 04:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
money, my dear friend. play or no play, there is a good amount of money involved in the IPL and I want our players to get rich. Learning comes not only by playing the actual matches but also by practising with such a mix of experiences. When Shakib is facing Brett Lee at the KKR net, he will not get intimidated next time he faces Lee for bangladesh.
Very well said.
Mingling with the best teaching you something and I'm sure Shakib is smart enough to pick up those things while he is with the KKR.
Mind you, its just not the players, but the coaching staff as well.
Having guys like Whatmore, Wasim around you is invaluable for the growth of a young player like Shakib.
Old May 18, 2011, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

that's great to know that he is giving so much priority to his motherland, but it's also sad that he will have to miss out
Old May 18, 2011, 05:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Jahurul Islam

love u tamim, u got my respect n good decision...i believe u'll get so much money in future...that's what i call real bangali.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 18, 2011, 06:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
If there is an overlap of the schedules, I think, the SLPL can not force the player to play there instead of the national team. If the contract allows international matches as the higher priority thing, it is even more desirable.

Maybe his learning would he more enhanced by playing the BEST First-Class tournament in the world? The Whole Paki team in playing in the SPL, I am afraid if BD players play in this league the only thing they would learn is how to eat balls and spot fix games.
Old May 18, 2011, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

he doesn't need to waste his time , for 30000$ , he gets MUCH MORE AT DPL and even for ad
Old May 18, 2011, 09:29 AM
Cricket Sage

We would complain if he didn't get an offer but now that he did we are complaining it too crap, Bravo! I find it hard to believe that this league will will be crap considering he fact that players like sanga, jayasuriya, jayawardane, gayle, pollard and other well known ex srilankan players. Oh yea our DPL and PCL is so good we manage to get unknown Indian/Pakistani players who will probably never play for their national team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Well when Ian said he wouldn't be available, he was right. It would have been a great tournament for Tamim to play in since they have so many good players playing but can't do anything about it if he doesn't have the time.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Maybe his learning would he more enhanced by playing the BEST First-Class tournament in the world? The Whole Paki team in playing in the SPL, I am afraid if BD players play in this league the only thing they would learn is how to eat balls and spot fix games.
Did you consider the fact that Tamim hasn't gotten an offer yet from the best FC tournament? If he had played I wouldn't have blamed him. Also your saying our players would learn match fixing from those Pakistani players, do you realize that there are a good amount of Pakistani players that play in the DPL? Don't know why you're taking so many cheap shots at this league.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

gotta respect that. if only he felt the same way when it came to his pack of Marlboros and the dinner table.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 18, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

I think he knew he wont get time off from BCB hence a way to gain popularity. I know its a negative way of looking at it but IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
gotta respect that. if only he felt the same way when it came to his pack of Marlboros and the dinner table.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:11 PM
Cricket Sage

So far training with the national team increased his bhuri recently to the point that he looked physically kind of unfit to play longer innings in ODI. May be playing real game in real competetion wil do him more good than local superstar friendly training coupled with kabbob, biriani and overnight partying.
Old May 18, 2011, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

good on you mate, I mean Bangladeshi's are really proud of where they are from...
Old May 18, 2011, 03:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I am sorry, did everyone miss my post? No no! No "RESPECT" this is BS. If this was IPL, he wouldn't have done this. Specially the way he is alwayyss talking about it.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

^^^
You are spot on! He wouldn't give a damn about the Zimbabwe tour if he got an offer for IPL.

This SL league is so cheap. Highest an international player will get is only about $35k. I don't think they will pay him that much. He is going to earn more by playing the Zimbabwe tour ($5000+ for Test, $2500-3000 for each ODI).