facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 2, 2005, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Default 420 Petticoat Lane- A film about Bangladeshi students in London

420 Petticoat Lane
A film about Bangladeshi students in London

Star Report

420 Petticoat Lane, a telefilm about Bangladeshi students in London, is to be released in London early December. This is the first time a film has been made on Bangladeshi students in London.

The story revolves around a group of students living at 420 Petticoat Lane. Shafiq, a student from Bangladesh, is dazzled by the fact that he is finally in London, the city of his dreams. He is welcomed to East London by Rahat, the ever-optimistic busybody who seems more interested in making money than studying. At 420 Petticoat Lane, we also find everyone's favorite :Genius da, a responsible and yet comical character who holds everyone in their places.

Then there is Opu, who is studious and ambitious and who also has affairs of the heart. Adding colour to the story is Tisha and Sally who live in the flat above, and who in their own distinct styles, are out to win the world. The story captures the complex, hard and sometimes comic, side of life in the Bangladeshi student community.

420 Petticoat Lane has been produced by Londone Filmz, a company recently floated by writer and journalist Muneera Parbeen and popular TV presenter and actor Arif Islam. This is their first production, and marks the directorial debut of Muneera Parbeen. The film has been produced in association with Redmark Films.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/12/...2021407101.htm

Cast of the film:

Urg! How come no one is making film on Bangladeshi students in N America But imagine the character of "shadabhai" as husband to a Bangladeshi student lol

Old December 2, 2005, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

make up ta ki arektu beshi kora jaay nai?
Old December 2, 2005, 06:09 PM
Banned

amar mone hoi unara bhanga sofar moddhe bosheche.
Old December 2, 2005, 07:18 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
make up ta ki arektu beshi kora jaay nai?
aktu? aktu?

use a razor, and you will see two inch thick powder coming off.
Old December 2, 2005, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

the guy in the middle looks like "adu vai". how many years they are studying ther?
Old December 3, 2005, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
the guy in the middle looks like "adu vai". how many years they are studying ther?
for the last 40 years.
Old December 3, 2005, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Well I first heard about this film from one of my friends living in London who was about to perform as Tisha. But then she pulled herself back after reading the poor screenplay and the story line. This is a most melodrama type amateurish short film directed by an amateure with zero cinematographic sense-- that's all I heard about this film.
Old December 3, 2005, 02:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]

Urg! How come no one is making film on Bangladeshi students in N America But imagine the character of "shadabhai" as husband to a Bangladeshi student lol
hahaha. It will happen sooner or later.
Old December 3, 2005, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest
Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
for the last 40 years.
there is no age limit in studying. in fact 30% students in the UK universities are mature students( lets say over 30).
Old December 4, 2005, 02:57 AM
Test Cricketer

The average age of a University of British Columbia student is 32.

In fact, studying is fast becomeing a lifetime phenomena. Just in my own family, My sister is 30 and is a social worker with good income. But she is going for Masters next year.

Mom, teacher, 55, finished her 5 th year 5 years ago, and now she is going to do her 6th year at this age. Not for money, she's close to retirement, but for fun.

I knew of a Doctor, who started University at age 55, and finished at 62. He only practised for 3 years and retired. He did it apparntly for his kids to show them it can be done, because he was a highschool drop out. They all went on to University after. This was in the Newspaper several years ago.

After I do my Bacherlors, thand pdp. than while teaching I plan Masters. who knows whta than.

I was thinking dancing classes with my wife, photography, and soemthing on birds and the trees. I know nothing of Nature.

It's either that, or sit at the bar and b.s. about stupidity. or pondering international news and politics too much and getting depressed.

So, stay in school, or go back. It's never to late.
Old December 4, 2005, 09:42 PM
Test Cricketer

All the guys look like they are in their 40s esp Mr Brown-Vest-Choshma who looks like a professor and Mr Hideous-Jacket-for-the-middle-aged who looks like a typical restaurant owner or taxi driver with a family of four.
Old December 5, 2005, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
and you are how old, my friend?
Old December 5, 2005, 03:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
and you are how old, my friend?
I'm a 33.
Old March 14, 2011, 08:38 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarene
Well I first heard about this film from one of my friends living in London who was about to perform as Tisha. But then she pulled herself back after reading the poor screenplay and the story line. This is a most melodrama type amateurish short film directed by an amateure with zero cinematographic sense-- that's all I heard about this film.
I heard that this girl was not supposed to play the role of Tisha but that of the other girl. She did not finally do the film because she complained that character was based on her own character and reputation in London.

Its strange how stories go around is it not? The film, natok really, did well in london, I watched it and though it was a first attempt it was not bad work at all. The music was original, the entire drama has animation included in it which i think was a FIRST in any bangla drama. So all in all it was a good production.

And for those who have not watched it yet, the 'adoo' bhai type looks of the charcters etc etc were part of the story which was humorous story about mature so-called-students flocking to London to actually earn a livelihood and not study. The story was original and the dialogue decent. There was a lot of humour in the story too.

it was not a typical bangladeshi Sweety or Tomalika or Tarin painfully trying-to-pretend-to-be-living-abroad kind of acting. So that was refreshing.

thanks

a Fan
Old March 14, 2011, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Errm.. digging out this thread after long 6 years? Seems like an avid fan of 420 However, thanks for your insight about this film. Unfortunately I didn't have the honor to watch this yet, so I'd better refrain myself from making any further critique.

Btw, welcome board, LUCKYGIRL!
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old March 14, 2011, 12:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

oh wow.. i didn't realise its 6 yrs old. No did not see it or even heard of it. I live in London by the way
Old March 15, 2011, 12:48 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarene
Errm.. digging out this thread after long 6 years? Seems like an avid fan of 420 However, thanks for your insight about this film. Unfortunately I didn't have the honor to watch this yet, so I'd better refrain myself from making any further critique.

Btw, welcome board, LUCKYGIRL!
LOL

HAHHAAH

not at all. I only discovered this thread the day i posted that reply
but I happen to know one of the actors in that drama, hence my interest. what I really liked about that production was that it had animation throughout it. To me that was a step out of the ordinary and worth remembering.

PS: @Roni bhaiya ...i am sure you dont expect Londone ekta bangla natok eto HIT hobey that all bangladeshi people have heard of it:P it was probably shown on one of those local channels. i saw it on dvd.
Old March 17, 2011, 07:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

^^ok. At least you knew what to look for. I do look at bangla newspaper here time to time.. must have missed it.