facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2006, 09:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
This failure from Bashar and Ashraful was to be expected.

(I was expecting it, so no surprise in there for me)
I think you were expecting a BD defeat, isn't it?

Old March 23, 2006, 09:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

What stood out in these two dismissals was the glaring failure to play strokes along the ground. While SN understood that the wicket wasnt good enough to play strokes freely, he dug in deep.. kept picking singles.. Ash/Bashar should have done the same until they got their eyes in...

having said that... dismissals like these will happen and we just gotta take it in our stride... these dont make them bad players overnight and i'm sure they'll come good soon enough!
Old March 23, 2006, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

actually I was quite impressed with how SN batted...... he batted with great maturity till the ball he got out.... he got out in similar fashion against murali in the test series and here he showed he didn't learn anything from his mistakes yet
Old March 23, 2006, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
While I think its right to blame them for their low scores, I think the pitch had a part to play in a lot of our dismissals! It was just so darned slow! Our entire top order perished because they played at balls which didn't come on to the bat, and they played their shots a little too early. They didn't quite get the measure of the pace in the wicket!
Slow wicket is not an excuse. That should allow the batsmen see the ball better. This was a pure batting pitch. The bowlers didn't do anything. If a batsmen don't know the pace of the wicket then why 1) practice at the net, 2) why play those shot before getting set?

I totally disagree on pitch issue. Too much aggressiveness and shot selection and timing (game time not the shot timing). The batsmen are to be blamed 100%.
Old March 23, 2006, 09:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
actually I was quite impressed with how SN batted...... he batted with great maturity till the ball he got out.... he got out in similar fashion against murali in the test series and here he showed he didn't learn anything from his mistakes yet
I guess we can excuse him for now... he seems to have the temperament to hang in there and really does well in the middle overs... but his technique against fast bowlers and his impulsive dismissals still count against his positives...
Old March 23, 2006, 09:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by istiak
Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
This failure from Bashar and Ashraful was to be expected.

(I was expecting it, so no surprise in there for me)
I think you were expecting a BD defeat, isn't it?
Nope that was her cousin's daughter She picked Bd to win, I guess.
Old March 23, 2006, 09:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
While I think its right to blame them for their low scores, I think the pitch had a part to play in a lot of our dismissals! It was just so darned slow! Our entire top order perished because they played at balls which didn't come on to the bat, and they played their shots a little too early. They didn't quite get the measure of the pace in the wicket!
Slow wicket is not an excuse. That should allow the batsmen see the ball better. This was a pure batting pitch. The bowlers didn't do anything. If a batsmen don't know the pace of the wicket then why 1) practice at the net, 2) why play those shot before getting set?

I totally disagree on pitch issue. Too much aggressiveness and shot selection and timing (game time not the shot timing). The batsmen are to be blamed 100%.
I'm not sure i agree to this... a slow pitch tends to cut down ur ability to play strokes, simply because the ball appears to come later than expected... a recipe for mistiming.
its actually quite hard to time the strokes on a slow pitch
Old March 23, 2006, 09:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by roi
5 front-roll for Ash and 1 extra-drill for Javed.
As the captain, i will have Basher for 2 days dress punishment.
For this poor performence...rest team will have 1 extra prep on friday.

No kombol parade? How about can not participate in games for one month and must practice reciting, debate, songs.

By the way, those extra drills were kinda cool. expecially when you have your favorite NCO administrating.
Old March 23, 2006, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Miraz
Dear, his failure initiated the collapse otherwise it would have been a high scoring match. So he is really important to keep wickets
The point is, "Where was Javed, fighting the lone battle while others fell around him?"

His fans often preach this kind of fairly tale.
Old March 23, 2006, 09:57 AM
Test Cricketer

wel.. two most big guns of Kenya also hadnt fired yet.. so this eventually cancels out the failure of our two big guns.

This was just a good, bit competetive game. So.. things like this can happen. this is perfectly normal. But, i hope. it doesnt happen too many times in a row...then. we will have soem problem.

JO.. lol.. Well... its amazng.. when he failes cheap.. ppl think that.. since JO got out.. the team didnt score good. I wonder how much is it true. Btw.. i didnt really see how did he get out. Can anyne tell me about his dismissial?
Old March 23, 2006, 10:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

closed the face of the bat too early while playing a legside shot.. ball looped to mid off.
Old March 23, 2006, 10:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh brought back to planet earth. Can't believe we were talking about scoring 400+ against Kenya. All credits to the old and faithful warhorse Mohammad Rafiq- who saved our- and Bashar's a_s today!
One thing I cannot forget- is the stupid smile on Bashar's face when he got out. What was so funny!

Edited on, March 23, 2006, 3:27 PM GMT, by Warlock.
Old March 23, 2006, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am sick of this TALENT blind hitter crap..

We need players who can play front foot..

In real estate there are 3 most importat things and they are; location location and location
In cricket they are
foot work foot work and foot work...
Give me one gramatically sound player and I will be happy..
even they loose
Old March 23, 2006, 10:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Firstly I am shocked at how badly we batted today.....given that kenyan bowlers do not look the least bit threatening......however one must remember that we have done great things against the likes of mcgrath and lee, hence, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise if the kenyans can do this against us.

Obviously we gave our wickets away.

I hope this serves as a wake-up call to bashar who has outwardly expressed his arrogant determination to annhilate Kenya, giving the impressions that he thinks he can continue not contributing to the team and expect his teammates to somehow pull another 9 wicket victory out of the hat.

Hopefully these guys train harder and get really pumped in order to avoid another close call. An emphatic victory in the 4th ODI would make ammends for this 3rd ODI-"near debacle."
Old March 23, 2006, 08:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Quote:
Originally posted by roi
5 front-roll for Ash and 1 extra-drill for Javed.
As the captain, i will have Basher for 2 days dress punishment.
For this poor performence...rest team will have 1 extra prep on friday.

No kombol parade? How about can not participate in games for one month and must practice reciting, debate, songs.

By the way, those extra drills were kinda cool. expecially when you have your favorite NCO administrating.
I think the punishment should be augmented by 500 frog jumps and a full gear 12 mile test.
Old March 23, 2006, 10:51 PM
Club Cricketer

i think, we need some new players in the team. Musf,sakib,
Old March 23, 2006, 11:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by roi
Quote:
Originally posted by atheist
if aftab, ash and bash -all three clicks, it will be a nightmere for Keniya for sure. Most probably we are going to see it in the next match.
Wel said..i also belive so...a 350+ is not impossible
What a big big IF.............kalpurush, dhrubo ar shuktarakey ek rekhai eney nissen!
Old March 23, 2006, 11:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rohel
i think, we need some new players in the team. Musf,sakib,
You ar eabsolutely right.......but after the 2007/2008.....not now.
Old March 24, 2006, 12:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

ashes average is really pulling him down. did anyone point him that. bash is generally a more responsible of the two. but his failure was more due to his complacency and stupidity ~ both traits should be rare in a captain. we all know bashar, is not that.
Old March 24, 2006, 12:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
i would like to opine that the majority of times that batsman get out after being set, is due to a bad shot rather than an unplayable delivery. and had this not been the case, batsman who would score at least 20 runs, would always be unbeaten. clearly it is not so.

while i hate to see a player score 50 and not convert it to 100 especially thru bad shots, i would take that over getting out first ball due to inability or idiocy any day.
Old March 24, 2006, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Ejaj
... Can anyne tell me about his dismissial?
He was not finding juicy half volly or balled pitched on legside like 2nd one day. So the gritty, ever reliable JO wanted to manufacture shot
Old March 24, 2006, 01:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh WON .... Thankfully . .despite fwullah's high expectations ..... so whats all this fuss??

So the boys got a bit carried away .... I think some of them were even eyeying a 350+ score to improve on the record set in the 1st. ODI. In any case, we had the bowling firepower to restrict Kenya to whatever score we can manage. And we did that even with one bowler short.

I have seen so many times Inzi & Yunis or Tendul & Dravid fail in the same match. Poor shot selection, poor footwork watever you say ... you must admit that they are human beings just like you and me. They cannot play in exactly the same fasion day after day.

As for JO, yesterday the entire team missed his Anchoring role and I belive his early dismissal affected the team score by at least 40/50 runs.

Old March 24, 2006, 02:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ya I agree, one bad display doesn't mean the end of the world!!!
But at he end of the day although Bd ha some hick ups they got through...and thatsthe most important thing......and besides Keneya's bowling was miles apart from what it was before....
At teh end of the day an enjoyable game for the neutrals.....