facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 6, 2010, 07:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default Razzak Number One Says Pont

I note in today's Independent that Pont says Razzak is better than Vettori. And then La La gets another 4 wickets and another man of the match. It's brilliant our coaches are not afraid to speak up for our talented players.

I think it's great we have such positive coaches in BD team right now. It helps boost the players and I saw Pont and Fountain running the show today really well in Siddons absence. Fountain stayed glued to his seat pretty much making notes but Pont was around the ground motivating the bowlers. One paper said Pont was head coach today and another said Fountain, but I don't think it matters.

What does matter is we have excellent back up coaches who can help deliver. I am confident we have the basis of a great team behind the players now.

Old December 6, 2010, 07:59 AM
Administrator

I would have put both Shakib and Razzak above Vettori. I wonder how Pont would rank the three?
Old December 6, 2010, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Must differ here, Vettori is a better finger spinner and has a great arm ball. Razzak and Shakib will get there but Vettori is the best LA Spinner in the world at the moment. He is consistent in every match.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I would have put both Shakib and Razzak above Vettori. I wonder how Pont would rank the three?
I think Ian Pont should take up on coaching spinners, or atleast give valuable coaching support to the spinners, if he is not already doing so.

You should ask him about this, in the interview
Old December 6, 2010, 08:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Pont talks a lot of trash. IMo Shakib>Vettori>>>>Razzak. While Shak>Vettori is debatable, no way in hell Razzak>Vettori

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 6, 2010, 08:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Ain't no way Razzak is better than Vettori. Take out his stats against Zim and other weaker teams and see what happens.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Abdur Razzak Raz is true fighter.successfully returned to international cricket after suspension by ICC.He could do better if he had support from batsmen with fight able total and better wicketkeeping
Old December 6, 2010, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

that's Pont's view, probably he would like to boost Razzak' s confidence furthermore by stating this. But honestly Razzak needs to prove a lot ahead of his career as to come closer comparison to Vettori.

If Razzak can continues performing like this against g8 teams he would be very soon find himself beside Vettori's name.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

When I see Razzak have mastery over his drift, and actually have the ball turning and spinning more.

Then I would say Razzak could go ahead of vetorri, only after he gets results against G8.

Razzak still has a lot to prove, before putting him in the same league as vetorri (probably one of the most admired (non-bd) modern bowlers in BC forum)
Old December 6, 2010, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

why does pont talk so much?ufff,too many compliments gets to our players!
Old December 6, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Razzak had to deal with several issues[illegal actions] that Vettori never had to. That being said, in tets Razzak is as ineffective as a hosepipe on a rainy day. Razzak still has to do a lot of work on his bowling to reach Vet's level[in tests].
In ODIs, I believe Razzak and Vettori are almost at par. Razzak has a better average than Vettori and is useful in all conditions, a characteristic analogous to Vettori. If Razzak can just replicate his Zimb heroics against G8 teams, everyone would certainly rate him higher than Vet.
Old December 6, 2010, 09:27 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
If Razzak can just replicate his Zimb heroics against G8 teams, everyone would certainly rate him higher than Vet.
how can you say he is at par with vettory when you also acknowledge that razzak has to replicate his heroics against the bigger teams?
Old December 6, 2010, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

^^ I said they are at par now, and if Razzak gets 14 wickets in 3 matches vs Eng/SA/Ind, everyone will rate him higher than Vet.
Old December 6, 2010, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Vettori is over rated. A bowler whose career average is 31+ can not be compared with some one who have career average 27+ or 29+ (Raj and Sakib respectively). Sak is way better cricketer than Vet. So called minnow basher could be also used again vet (againest BD 18+, Ireland 5+, Sco 10+). Considering he has better support bowler I would any day take Raj over Vet as spinner , Shak over Vet as allrounder
Old December 6, 2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

Just shows this has split people's opinion. Pont said he thought Razzak was the best AT THE MOMENT in his interview, so he was not going back into history and comparing test records and past glories.

Sakib has not bowled at his best in the last 3 matches. Vettori has been struggling. Razzak has been world class by comparison and is hardly giving any runs away while taking loads of wickets.

On performances, whoever they are against (and ODI's are ODI's regardless) Razzak is in front.

To the guy who said he wants to see Razzak turning the ball and getting drift has obviously not been watching the last three ODI's! And to the guy who said Pont compliments the players too much.. isn't good praise what we want from our own coaches? He always backs his comments up with facts (he said mashrafee would come good when everyone doubted it) and now he is backing Razzak. I am fed up with negative fans here when we have talented players who get criticized all the time.

Good for the coach to speak out in our players favour and boost confidence.
Old December 6, 2010, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
why does pont talk so much?ufff,too many compliments gets to our players!
It can also build confidence. Being born and raised in our socio-cultural environment, we are always low in confidence even when we are at the top, may be positive thinking and talking could reverse some of that for our players. But then again, Pont must stay ready to eat the humble pie.
Old December 6, 2010, 11:51 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Vettori is over rated. A bowler whose career average is 31+ can not be compared with some one who have career average 27+ or 29+ (Raj and Sakib respectively). Sak is way better cricketer than Vet. So called minnow basher could be also used again vet (againest BD 18+, Ireland 5+, Sco 10+). Considering he has better support bowler I would any day take Raj over Vet as spinner , Shak over Vet as allrounder
be it bowler or batsman the ultimate examination of their skills comes in Test cricket... look at vettoris record and look at razzaks!
i don't know how you guys can compare razzak to vettori!
Old December 6, 2010, 12:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
be it bowler or batsman the ultimate examination of their skills comes in Test cricket... look at vettoris record and look at razzaks!
i don't know how you guys can compare razzak to vettori!
vet is way better then razzak in test but in odi i dare to say razzak has the upper hand over vet...but not by much though
Old December 6, 2010, 12:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Atleast someone knows how to talk big!
Let him be !
Carry on Pont..
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 6, 2010, 12:30 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Vettori is over rated. A bowler whose career average is 31+ can not be compared with some one who have career average 27+ or 29+ (Raj and Sakib respectively).
they can be compared when you look at where they are from...

Point 1
an Indian pacer playing more matches at home is likely to have higher economy rate and average because of the unfavorable pace bowling conditions compared to an English pacer who gets to bowl at seaming conditions... in the same way when it comes to spin in case of Vettory, his home wickets are much harder to earn than Razzaks... so we have to look at their home and away averages first... Razzak averages a phenomenal 20 runs per wicket playing at home... while it radically jumps up to 39 while playing away... vettori on the other hand is equally effective under all conditions with both home and away averages of 31... now who would you rate higher... a guy who is effective under all conditions or a guy who is a tiger at home...but ordinary abroad?

Point 2
Out of Razzak's total tally of wickets zimbabwe wickets are 32%... Out of Vettori's tally of wickets... only 6% constitutes zimbabwe wickets... 20% of his wickets are aussie batters...and that to me is a clear verdict of his class....
Old December 6, 2010, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

well well.. probably this is the new starting of our Razzak !!
Old December 6, 2010, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Raj is never ever good test of FC bowler.so its not fair to compare him with Vettori.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old December 6, 2010, 01:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Pont could say that Razzaq's current form suggests that he is getting better than Vettori.
Old December 6, 2010, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I could careless about this comment. I don't care if he is correct or not. Until he can build Shafiul and Rubel (or other fast bowlers) and call them number 1 in front of the media, I won't bother.
Old December 6, 2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

Dilscoop.. what a weird comment. What coach on earth could ever do this? You are going to judge a coach only if he makes two BD pace bowlers the world's best? ha, ha, ha.

It means the Australian, English, WI, Pak, Indian, Zim, SL and NZ bowling coaches are no good either as Steyn in world's number one (who Pont coached by the way!)

No wonder us fans look stupid to some of the coaching staff and media.