facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 8, 2008, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Default Do not drop anyone. And stop calling/looking for scape goats

I have been following BD cricket for 30+ years. for these many years i have seen after every game we fans start asking for some ones head. We fan and admin never want to be sure and think after 2/3 games of him we have seen enough, so kick him out. and then when his replacement who was not ready to take his place would be throwing into the fire.
And the result? we start screaming drop the replacement and our X was much better, so bring him back. So the selectors thinks, after reading these demands in the news paper and stuff, may be we didn't give X enough time so bring him back. and then again after 2/3 games we start our screaming.

I say enough is enough. Stop your knee jerking reactions. Specially the reporters. Today it was rokibul, yesterday it was Kapali before him it was Tusher, rokon.

We even made players like bulbul and akram get dropped from the team.

When are we going to learn. We demand high performance from our players and think why can't they remember they got out last time from that same fullish shot... but what about us?

I think what gone is gone we will never get that back. But we should not repeat the same mistake here. I say let the players play at least 10/20 games before opening another thread calling for their heads.

And yes the new comers in BC always starts these threads. but when they become 1/2 year old in BC they stop doing it and then there comes some more new comers.

I am fed up with this. those who thinks Player X Y or Z shouldn't play after watching/listing or reading about them after each game should know that this is not enough time and this is not something you guys r inventing (asking for head) people before you had done the same and hence we ended up with a 22 years avg(age and avg both wise) team.

So i say let the same team play and lose for next 10 match and then make one or two changes in the final 11. it doesn't matter whether it was rassel or farad played they r no bret lee so result would have been the same. deal with the truth.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Old April 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

ditto.
overall our best batsmen are not comparable with their batting lineup... so we should rather lower our expectations and let the cricketers play.
I do like to see 3 seam blower from next match, though.
Old April 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
ditto.
overall our best batsmen are not comparable with their batting lineup... so we should rather lower our expectations and let the cricketers play.
I do like to see 3 seam blower from next match, though.
Do you really think that will change anything?

Its hard to bat under lights (but not that hard they you get bowled out before 150) so if could bat first with the same team you would see a much more better LOSS then this one...
Old April 8, 2008, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

pura team tahole drop korte hobe, tai na?
Old April 8, 2008, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Agree 100%,lets give em one more chance and scare the 'paki' stanis a scare and memory that will haunt them for the rest of their lives,GO BANGLADESH GO!!ALWAYS WITH AND ALWAYS WILL:fla g:
Old April 8, 2008, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Kabir bhai.... Thanksssssssss a lot. You summed up it all.

I am requesting the Admins to make this thread to be a sticky one.
Old April 8, 2008, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is not right. Just coz we will lose does no mean we don't play the best eleven. The fact remains, the team selection sucked, we could have done better.

Just coz our batsmen will only score 200 does not mean we cant win by getting them out for 180 (example India WC).

We must always play the best team.
Old April 8, 2008, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru

I know Bangladesh team sucks most of the time and that can't be changed overnight. But the team has done worse than Zimbabwe today - this is way below than our usual performance. If this is not the time to bring couple of changes in the team, I don't know when it is.

As Mahmood bhai said, we must select our best team, and the team that was selected today is not it.
Old April 8, 2008, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
This is not right. Just coz we will lose does no mean we don't play the best eleven. The fact remains, the team selection sucked, we could have done better.

Just coz our batsmen will only score 200 does not mean we cant win by getting them out for 180 (example India WC).

I am not against best playing best 11. What i am saying the people that in charge should decide which is the best 11 and then let them play for 10/15 before scumming up to outside pressure. And we as fan and reporters should stop blaming any body before giving them enough time.

Yes to you it might be A to L is the best 11 but to me or to the coach it might be M to W is the best. Since there is very little difference between A- L and M-W there is no reason why we should look for head before giving them enough chances.

BTW this is not some thing new thats happening. and will not stop in future (the way our culture is). But i thought it needs to start from some where...
Old April 8, 2008, 03:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I know Bangladesh team sucks most of the time and that can't be changed overnight. But the team has done worse than Zimbabwe today - this is way below than our usual performance. If this is not the time to bring couple of changes in the team, I don't know it is.

As Mahmud bhai said, we must select our best team, and the team that was selected today is not it.
Change? Ok, I don't have any problem with it if those changes increase experience and maturity in the team. But I have problem if we continue the same musical chair game with these new comers.
Old April 8, 2008, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

we need 3 seamers. team selection is bad. you don't need so many spinners against pakistan - they know how to play spin. also, you don't need 10 batsman. i was so pissed since the ireland tour. i really don't like Siddon anymore. he should have known that a team needs 3 seamers 92 genuine, one all-rounder). I was so pissed during Ireland tour, thought it will change against pakistan, but .. .

I am so pissed today since the game started.
Old April 8, 2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

what do you mean by do not drop anyone? You are happy with today's lineup? You want them to play another 10 humiliating matches? Are you out of your mind?
Old April 8, 2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood

That will only happen once a year or so.
Old April 8, 2008, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
what do you mean by do not drop anyone? You are happy with today's lineup? You want them to play another 10 humiliating matches? Are you out of your mind?
oh you think by changing player that will not happen? guess what thats what being going on. changing players thumping defeat, changing player thumping defeat. if you can't see that then i have nothing to say...
Old April 8, 2008, 05:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

as long as russel is on the team i don care. we need 3 pacers : Mashrafee, Russel and Reza on the team. er pore jare jare rakhte chan rakhen. but its stupid to continue with this team as we already have 1 pacer short. Russel thakle 250 r besi korte parto bole mone hoe na. riad, ashraful and aftab did the damage in our bowling line up. also, ashraful re ke bolbe je power play sesh hoa manei sobai ke dorir baire pathano na.. :S shala r or problem ta ki akhon o bujtesi na..
Old April 8, 2008, 05:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
:S shala r or problem ta ki akhon o bujtesi na..
After watching him soo many years and so mnay games.... if you still don't know yet.... I guess you will never know....nor will ash.
Old April 8, 2008, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

There's no point in making major changes to the XI, or the XV for that matter. However, this one's inevitable - play Rasel instead of Riyad.
Old April 8, 2008, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
oh you think by changing player that will not happen? guess what thats what being going on. changing players thumping defeat, changing player thumping defeat. if you can't see that then i have nothing to say...
No I am not asking to change players from left to right. But Rasel or Shahadat must be brought in for someone else and the game will change, and that someone I am guessing Mahmud or Rakib. When Pakistan put 322 on board it was only a matter of time b4 Bangladesh crumbled to 129 something. The game was under our control for like 20 overs or so. If we put more pressure we definitely could have done better instead of this humiliating defeat.
Old April 10, 2008, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

i want to see the best 11 playing.. that doesn't mean we toss around everybody.. just take out riyad and put in rasel..

"Do not drop anyone" if that is to be the case.. then our next 50 odi's are gonna have the same result as this one.. seriously.. the team we had 4 the 1st odi will get us nowhere..
Old April 10, 2008, 01:39 PM
Cricket Guru

looks like coach is going to keep the same team...
Old April 10, 2008, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

maybe,
rassel in riad out
zunaed in rokibul out