facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 24, 2004, 01:04 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Donate for Flood Victims in Bangladesh

A donation box has been setup at:

http://www.bangladesh-america.com/floodvictims.html

As we enjoy our Asia Cup cricket, we should also remember the flood victims, who are going through terrible times.

Please donate as much as possible. $1, $2 whatever you can afford; every single dollar counts. Please be assured that the 100% of the money will reach the flood victims. Donation is targetted to be sent by end of July. You can donate through PayPal.

We have shown our love for BD cricket, now its the time to show our love for the people of BD.

PS: Related Link

[Edited on 24-7-2004 by nasif]

Old July 25, 2004, 09:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Several cmapiagns are underway as the flood situation worsens. The Red Cross campaign is underway to raise $3+M for the floods - will post some links when I have them tomorrow.

There is another group in the West Coast - ECHO - www.echo-us.org
Old July 26, 2004, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

You can also donateHERE

HSBC and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies of Bangladesh (IFRC) have joined hands together to collect funds for the flood affected people of Bangladesh. Your small contribution can make a big difference in this initiative:

*Send remittance from abroad for flood affected people
*Buy a family kit worth BDT800
Or
*Buy BDT100 coupon

Those who interested to donate from abroad are requested to remmit through the following account number:

Account #: 001-909969-041 with SWIFT code HSBC BDDH

Coupons are available at any of our HSBC Branches or Customer Service Centres
Old July 26, 2004, 09:02 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Flood victims need our help

SpaandanB" target="_blank">http://www.SpaandanB.org">SpaandanB, a nonprofit org that I volunteer for, is raising funds to help flood victims in Bangladesh. For details, please visit:

http://www.SpaandanB.org/flood.html" target="_blank">http://www.SpaandanB.org/flood.html"...flood.html</a>

Whichever campaign you choose, please donate generously. The flood victims really need our help.
Old July 27, 2004, 10:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Default What we can do

I'm also following Flood news and want to help. I have spent lots of time researching Gujrat earthquake and what indian people did. They created so many website for gujrat earthquake , and they got noticed by non profit organization(small and big). Indian gov also created special sites for that and provided information where to donate. As we all know some people use this oportunity to make profit. I dont want to offent anyone, but if we start collecting money using any company or organization, some money can go to wrong hand. Best idea to have some specific sites where we will list only places where people should donate.
Also keep on mind now a days FBI can come after you if you collect money, I would never collect money personally.
I spent 2 hours today to create this:
bdflood.com , its a site we all can post message and news and pictures. and even market it on google(I dont mind paying that fee even).
I know lots of you guys know web development, would you like to join for this novel cause? Please go to the site or contact me.
Also let me know how I can help you guys.
Old August 11, 2004, 01:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Flood Relief Effort

I am part of a group called Proactive Bengalis, a organization that is based out the DC-Metro area with members all over the US. (link to the Proactive Bengalis website)

They are sponsoring a flood relief drive. Donations will be sent to Professors in BUET who have put in place a relief system to ensure maximum aid goes to the needy. You might ask why professors at BUET and not BRAC or Red Cresent Society? The answer is simply reduced overhead costs. All donations will be collected online through Paypal. To find out more about the flood relief drive visit their website.
The following are two other links related to the relief drive:

Link: Point of Contact at BUET

Link: More about the efforts on Bangladesherdak