facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 29, 2011, 03:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Jaak Gopal told me on the phone Shahadat century korsey ajkey! Alhamdulillah!

Old April 29, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Very well put, if you look a bit more closely, our U19 team is amongst the best in the world. Our academy team is more than competitive at any level, our A team fails to constantly fight against other A teams, and our national team is a bit weaker than our A team[considering the circuit they play in].

This just shows that we have sufficient talent to be world beaters, at U19 level our players have the potentials to become best amongst the world. We just have to ensure that they get quality training and are exposed to top quality bowling/batting regularly. Sending the whole of academy team to minor counties will not be a bad idea, similar thing can be done by sending our academy/A team players to Australian grade cricket.
I remember when watching the WI/Pak match, the commentators talked about the WI U19/Aus U19 test match and WI was outplaying them. The commentator then said that the WI U19 is always a strong bunch but once they go in to the national team, they struggle. He blamed it on the poor domestic structure of the WI. It's the same exact thing with us as well. Without a good domestic structure, these players won't maintain playing at a high level. I believe that your idea would be great. I would love for our promising players going to the minor counties in England or Australia to further improve their games.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Dostos, i never understand you all's argument or logic or questions.....Let's say Ash has 300 points of International match experience and the whole Safa A team has let's say 13 points of International match experience, so? We only play international and we expect our players to shine through these international exposure.....when at the same time our domestic game culture/history/toughness is equivilant to some rotting garbage of the Buriganga river!! And the Safa A team who never played no intl has this amazing, strong, healthy, tough of cricket expoerience from their own domestics.

Remember this guys, after each intl Ashraful goes back to Bashabo and back to our heritage of NCL, DPL, CCl and all the LLLs which is where the strength is suppossed to come from, but instead you know, I know it is Para-Moholla - back yard - you bowl slow, I bat easy cricket! And those Safa A's will go back to their Bluefontain, Lambula, zulu (an expression of Safa leagues, no insult or mockery meant) league etc. etc. which are True First class, true class cricket like the Shefield, English county, Indian domestic, Sl domestic etc.
Great post bhai. Very good points made.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

This is totally unexceptable performance from bd A team...after this match three players will be banned for next tour for sure.....short ash, nazim, shamsur and shahadat......totally wasted tour for those sagol........i want to see instead of those sagol....... [sabbir, sanjamul, anamul, alauddin babu....etc].
Old April 29, 2011, 03:40 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Can't blame the drop for Jahurul's performances bro. It's a blessing in disguise in my opinion. A lot of people wanted him to be in the starting XI and thought he was the answer for our keeper batsman spot or the #4. He does seem very promising but he does have a ways to go. His average in the A team so far in List A's is below a 20 with only 1 50 in 9 matches so far.

So he hasn't been good even in the A team. So he should do better at this level first before he can be considered for the national team.
true..and I think its because of his low self believe. If I can recall correctly this guy was the highest scorer of a season of NCL and scored 150+ runs against a county team in England. So definitely the talent is there but our officials ruined it for him. I hope he comes back strongly.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

shunlam ashraful .......sachin tendul er barite kajer bua hobar offer peyesego.....ki din aslogo????? For money ash is honey.....but don't know what to do in time????????? Abar bia korte chai.....ke bia korbo ai selfish shotolokke??????????? monalisar shopno geloreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....beta hormodon kak.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
true..and I think its because of his low self believe. If I can recall correctly this guy was the highest scorer of a season of NCL and scored 150+ runs against a county team in England. So definitely the talent is there but our officials ruined it for him. I hope he comes back strongly.
He's like all our other batsmen, inconsistent. He has a good amount of talent for sure. I believe he has issues with his technique that needs fixing up. He's still got plenty of time though so I still have hope.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Hopeless, useless bunch of non-cricketers led by a selfish, brainless non-sportsman.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Hopeless, useless bunch of non-cricketers led by a selfish, brainless non-sportsman.
what a about it?
Old April 29, 2011, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Dostos, i never understand you all's argument or logic or questions.....Let's say Ash has 300 points of International match experience and the whole Safa A team has let's say 13 points of International match experience, so? We only play international and we expect our players to shine through these international exposure.....when at the same time our domestic game culture/history/toughness is equivilant to some rotting garbage of the Buriganga river!! And the Safa A team who never played no intl has this amazing, strong, healthy, tough of cricket expoerience from their own domestics.

Remember this guys, after each intl Ashraful goes back to Bashabo and back to our heritage of NCL, DPL, CCl and all the LLLs which is where the strength is suppossed to come from, but instead you know, I know it is Para-Moholla - back yard - you bowl slow, I bat easy cricket! And those Safa A's will go back to their Bluefontain, Lambula, zulu (an expression of Safa leagues, no insult or mockery meant) league etc. etc. which are True First class, true class cricket like the Shefield, English county, Indian domestic, Sl domestic etc.
There's another way to look at this. Kuhn, the guy who khun'ed us, has featured in 73 List A games, a majority of which have been supposedly against strong opposition. Ashraful, on the other hand, has played in 166 ODIs and yet doesn't do zilch for his team most of the time. I think 166 ODIs - a majority of which were against decent opposition - make for enough time for someone to learn his trade. Sure he will go back to playing garbage cricket in our domestic leagues, but 166 > 2 * 73, so even discounting the amount of garbage cricket he's played (213 - 166), he's had much more experience playing good bowlers than most Saffers in this second string squad.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
jaak gopal told me on the phone shahadat century korsey ajkey! Alhamdulillah!
হে বোদ্ধা,
এই কলঙ্ক-
এই পাপ-
এই লাঘব-
এই গ্লানিকর, অশ্রুর বন্যার, জর্জরিত আবেগ সমুহ পুস্ফিত চেতনা, মৃত্যুর রক্তিম আঙ্গিনায়,
কেমন করে গৃহচরের শুঁড়ের ছায়া থেকে লুকিয়ে রই? বল। জবাব দেও।
শূলে আমাদের নগ্ন শবদেহ, চিতায় অগ্নির লিকলিকে নৃত্যে আমাদের মর্মাহত প্রানের করুন আর্তনাদ কে শুনবে? বল হে পথিক!
জবাব দেও!!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 29, 2011, 05:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
There's another way to look at this. Kuhn, the guy who khun'ed us, has featured in 73 List A games, a majority of which have been supposedly against strong opposition. Ashraful, on the other hand, has played in 166 ODIs and yet doesn't do zilch for his team most of the time. I think 166 ODIs - a majority of which were against decent opposition - make for enough time for someone to learn his trade. Sure he will go back to playing garbage cricket in our domestic leagues, but 166 > 2 * 73, so even discounting the amount of garbage cricket he's played (213 - 166), he's had much more experience playing good bowlers than most Saffers in this second string squad.
You are very right Asif bhai, I very much agree.

But what I am saying is let's take out the gadha ash out of the equation...then what we have and what they (Safa A) has...what frustrates me, worries me, and never gives a sense of positive hope is Safa or India will keep pumping out good, worthy, ready to fight players from all sorts of parts of their land who are good and always playing in good, super competetive domestic leagues, BUT we can't compete against these scenarios by producing good players like them. Our whole Industry is achey achey nai nai.

These are the things I see in Bangladesh cricket...and these are my very personal feelings, I could be very wrong.

1. Our cricket board and cricket governing body, our law makers, businessmen (people w/ money in our country) government, sports ministry DO NOT care for cricket or really understand it or want to understand it. I feel they look at cricket as a child's play and treat our cricketers as bunch of little young men playing cricket, it's all good fun, light thing, very much like an international fair or Mela type thing.....they DO NOT understand the magnitude of marketing/producing international sport whether through producing players, pitch, ground, sport channel, gyms or cricket/sport equipments products, you name it. I see that to them, the growth, unnoyon, progress of cricket in BD is not at all an important thing (to them, these cricketers are a buch of kids playing a foo foo game), they have many other issues, priorities, needs likes making money, back-stabing people, staying in and holding power, family problems, drug/alcohol issue, extra-marital affairs, durniti, rajniti, churi chamari etc. etc. We are unfortunate, DO NOT have many Saber Hossain Choudhurys who was different than our common leaders.

Look at this..everytime our commies, media like for instance Jafarullah Sharfat interviewing a british guy, from ICC a 5-6 years back I think, what do we see? questions like, "So are you very impressed by our facilities, our cricket (cricket, which is a general term, who knows what he is specifically meaning by this) ...ohh are you very impressed by our fields?" kind of question...and of course the foreign person always goes, "ohh very nice, beautiful, everything is dandy good" etc etc just out of courtesy...and again and again we ask these same questions, to Turner at the Academy by some Dhaka newspaper journalist, " So, are you really impressed with our cricket and Bangladesh?" And the guy Turner goes, "Ohh of course of course, what a magnificant satadium and ground you have here!!" Of course that is a true comment and he is saying somehting that he honestly feel, and maybe he is impressed with the facilties, but so waht ..what happens after that...I feel, the media, we, the leaders of BCB gets very happy with these kind of light praise and get gloated and then we go right back to our big dekchi of curry and go back under the blanket! "Ohh so you think Bangladesh did a fine job of inaugarating the WC?" "Ohhh beautiful, beautiful..."...but this succes of staging a show of you know gymnasts, singing, light show, laser cricket these all are just cosmetics....deep down inside our TRUE cricket is an EMPTY drum (no rice inside) ...our true cricket, meaning our ability to produce professioanl, competetive, conscience, fighter , skilled cricketers! At the end of the day they (our cricketers, and ofcourse there areexceptions like Mushfique, Shakib, Mohammed Rafique, TIK, but you see a very few, anguley gona out of 160 millions)...the rest are all looking like a bunch of tired, not sure what his job description is, mathey gelaam, ghurlaam, gharlaam, bia baritey ailaam, khaliaam, dekhlaam ekhon matha-ta noto korey bari gelaam types....

We only want yo hear good praise for nothing, we constantly want pampering and patting on the back, and we are NOT competetive! We are too satisfied at a very little effort.

I must say, our (1969 gono-obbhutthan, 1971 Shahidaan's generations our freedom-fighters' generation, our Bhasha-Andolon 1952) genreation and our post independence generation are far far different. I highly doubt, today this day with us folks could even free, fight for or unite our country with the same courage, dignity or human ethics like the ones that died for this country.

We may suck in cricket ...we could be less than Papua New Guinea but at the end of the day we would still take satisfaction out fo the fact that we have the largest Academy ground in Aisa, that's us, salaam Bangladesh! Something like that.

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 29, 2011 at 05:36 PM..
Old April 29, 2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

I agree with you Burger bhai. Let me go bash the players in a different thread.
Old April 29, 2011, 11:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Shahadat to fatae felse ajke! 104 in 60 balls.. oh wait! bowling korse... sorry

ashraful to bowling kore fatae felse. ei dujon 20 over e 177 run dise. baki 30 over e asche 143 run. with Junaid playing decent, we could have chased down a target of 270-280. but ashraful and shahadat er bowling e match gone.

shahadat er kisu bola nai, but captain hoye ashraful ei paap kaaj keno korte gelo bujhlam na. every time he becomes captain, any team any level, he becomes one of the full time bowlers, but he leaks runs always. he shud really stop bowling and focus 100% on his batting.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 29, 2011, 11:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

At any given day if you talk with any BCB official you would be amazed to see they all are absolutely not serious about Bangladesh cricket, Bangladesh Cricket is not no 1 in their priority list. Rather they enjoy to be the part of BCB and all the facilities they have.

They are all busy with their own business affair and some times instead of going to Dhaka club or Gushan club they go to BCB office. It's a relaxing outlet for them. Why would they bother to think about the development and all those sorts of matters while relaxing?
Old April 30, 2011, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

I must say, our (1969 gono-obbhutthan, 1971 Shahidaan's generations our freedom-fighters' generation, our Bhasha-Andolon 1952) genreation and our post independence generation are far far different. I highly doubt, today this day with us folks could even free, fight for or unite our country with the same courage, dignity or human ethics like the ones that died for this country.
I feel the same BK dada. Khati Ghee er moto Khati Manush o rare hoye gese.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 30, 2011, 11:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
At any given day if you talk with any BCB official you would be amazed to see they all are absolutely not serious about Bangladesh cricket, Bangladesh Cricket is not no 1 in their priority list. Rather they enjoy to be the part of BCB and all the facilities they have.

They are all busy with their own business affair and some times instead of going to Dhaka club or Gushan club they go to BCB office. It's a relaxing outlet for them. Why would they bother to think about the development and all those sorts of matters while relaxing?
100% true.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 1, 2011, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

and some officials like to be in bcb because they get to be around "piliyars"!

so we lost, what. 3-1?
Old May 2, 2011, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

Some good valid point.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 2, 2011, 06:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I hope we learned something from this tour:

Before we jump the gun on any player to be in the national team, we should definitely consider their potential and prowess on the A team and Academy Team. It is clear that Nasir Hossain needs more time to develop. He did a decent job with the ball. I was surprised that He didn't get as much overs as the others... he should be a regular with the A team/Academy team and continue to work hard

I wish Nazmul Hossain was sent with the A team, this would have kept him in touch and in rhythm! if he truly is our "backup pacer" then he should get exposed to as much quality cricket as possible.

I think Shahadat Hossain had just one (really) bad match...
Junaid seems to be in decent form with the bat as well,(as it happens when you get demoted from international cricket to A team cricket)

Ashraful, the less is said about him, the better!
Old May 2, 2011, 06:06 PM
Cricket Sage

If what auntu bhai says is true, then BC members should run BCB, people who actually CARE, pay money/take time out of our valuable busy life sacrificing many things to watch Bangladesh Cricket. our selection policy perhaps will be far more consistent and will yield the best possible outcome.
Old May 2, 2011, 06:09 PM
Cricket Sage

what irritated me most from this tour is the selfishness from Ashraful!
Old May 2, 2011, 07:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I hope we learned something from this tour:

Before we jump the gun on any player to be in the national team, we should definitely consider their potential and prowess on the A team and Academy Team. It is clear that Nasir Hossain needs more time to develop. He did a decent job with the ball. I was surprised that He didn't get as much overs as the others... he should be a regular with the A team/Academy team and continue to work hard

I wish Nazmul Hossain was sent with the A team, this would have kept him in touch and in rhythm! if he truly is our "backup pacer" then he should get exposed to as much quality cricket as possible.

I think Shahadat Hossain had just one (really) bad match...
Junaid seems to be in decent form with the bat as well,(as it happens when you get demoted from international cricket to A team cricket)

Ashraful, the less is said about him, the better!
very good points, and yes, i think u r spot on shahadat. he will do very bad sometimes, but that doesnt mean he is that bad.

all of our backup pacers should be touring with the A team. then we might get somewhere. as for Ashraful, reading his interview I felt he was satisfied with this performance. which goes to show that he get satisfied easily, and a player of his talent shud never get content so easily. which again shows the reason behind his failure in the international level.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old May 2, 2011, 08:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avik
very good points, and yes, i think u r spot on shahadat. he will do very bad sometimes, but that doesnt mean he is that bad.

all of our backup pacers should be touring with the A team. then we might get somewhere. as for Ashraful, reading his interview I felt he was satisfied with this performance. which goes to show that he get satisfied easily, and a player of his talent shud never get content so easily. which again shows the reason behind his failure in the international level.
Shahadat may not be that bad but he's definitely a below average bowler for List A's/ODI/T20s. He's always been a very expensive bowler in the smaller versions of the game and doesn't pick up many wickets in the process. Even in FCs/tests he can be expensive but he does take wickets there. So just keep him in the longer versions and let him prosper there.