facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2015, 11:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
So what if he faced the ball of the century? He scored 2 runs from 18 previous deliveries.
That is 17 less SWINGING balls Soumya and Tamim didn't face. One of them could have brought the demise of Tamim or Soumya earlier. Exposing Riyad even earlier.

Didn't your heart stop a beat when Anderson was about to catch one? If you say "no" we are done discussing.

Old March 13, 2015, 11:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Imrul is playing for his ODI career here in the QF. If he fails another time, I see him getting dropped for a long time in ODI's and possibly forever. Even then it might not be enough as I would have Anamul over Imrul any day in ODI's.

I'd still keep him in for the next Test series since he's been better in that format but even then a bad Test series and time to get LKD in.
Old March 13, 2015, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Imrul is playing for his ODI career here in the QF. If he fails another time, I see him getting dropped for a long time in ODI's and possibly forever. Even then it might not be enough as I would have Anamul over Imrul any day in ODI's.

I'd still keep him in for the next Test series since he's been better in that format but even then a bad Test series and time to get LKD in.

Boult and Southee bowled the best opening spell i've seen in a long long time, you can't blame them for not scoring, infact combined they did a good job seeing off about 8 overs, that was tremendous bowling from NZ

Old March 13, 2015, 11:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Boult and Southee bowled the best opening spell i've seen in a long long time, you can't blame them for not scoring, infact combined they did a good job seeing off about 8 overs, that was tremendous bowling from NZ
I agree and I do take that to account but problem is this hasn't been the only match. His last 10 ODI's he's averaging just a 9.6 and since last WC just a 15. That's just a farce and frankly a rookie can do better. Imrul has played a while now. Don't expect much to change in this format although I have more hope in Tests for him.

I expect him to play next match so I do hope he fires.
Old March 13, 2015, 12:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

This is the best position for Imrul. Watching us play in TV. Here he is watching BD vs SCOT game before his call up in AUS. Razzak at background haha.

Dhaka Metro and Khulna division all the players watching Bangladesh VS Scotland Match during the lunch break.
Old March 13, 2015, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:

Imrul doesn't have the technique to survive on fast bouncy wickets having early swings. You guys might have forgotten his nick "khochababa".

He will play occasional good innings once in a while and that's it.
Old March 13, 2015, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I agree and I do take that to account but problem is this hasn't been the only match. His last 10 ODI's he's averaging just a 9.6 and since last WC just a 15. That's just a farce and frankly a rookie can do better. Imrul has played a while now. Don't expect much to change in this format although I have more hope in Tests for him.

I expect him to play next match so I do hope he fires.
Yeah I agree he's been terrible and should have never been in the world cup squad, surely a shamsur rahaman could have been flown in.

Old March 13, 2015, 12:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Yeah I agree he's been terrible and should have never been in the world cup squad, surely a shamsur rahaman could have been flown in.
Shamsur didn't seem to be a really good option either because the guy couldn't even score against Zimbabwe. And selectors/team management didn't want to pick new blood understandably for such a big tournament. Just have to hope somehow Imrul can fire.
Old March 13, 2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Shamsur didn't seem to be a really good option either because the guy couldn't even score against Zimbabwe. And selectors/team management didn't want to pick new blood understandably for such a big tournament. Just have to hope somehow Imrul can fire.
For that matter we could've brought back Shahriar Nafees to open the innings and it wouldn't be any different. Today was a one off, I don't blame Imrul for not being able to do much. But technically he has his limitations.
Old March 13, 2015, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Baring a miracle, I foresee the international career of Tamim over within the next two years. His lifestyle and attitude will never allow him to regain even 70 percent of the fitness required for international cricket. Imrul also hasn't shown much aptitude for improvement. But, I will be slightly more patient with him.

We need to blood LKD, Rony and Majid as soon as possible now.
Old March 13, 2015, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
For that matter we could've brought back Shahriar Nafees to open the innings and it wouldn't be any different. Today was a one off, I don't blame Imrul for not being able to do much. But technically he has his limitations.
I agree he does have his technical and temperamental issues. He might have a hard time being considered anymore with new talent coming in.
Old March 13, 2015, 03:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Baring a miracle, I foresee the international career of Tamim over within the next two years. His lifestyle and attitude will never allow him to regain even 70 percent of the fitness required for international cricket. Imrul also hasn't shown much aptitude for improvement. But, I will be slightly more patient with him.

We need to blood LKD, Rony and Majid as soon as possible now.
Tamim will be playing Tests for a while still even if he struggles to keep his place in T20I's and ODI's. He's still our only Test class opener we have till date and I don't see that changing for a while. So he'll remain in Tests but he definitely should feel the pressure for his place in T20I's and ODI's.
Old March 13, 2015, 03:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

Shamshur wasn't that bad. He was just out of form. I didn't see any major technical flaws with the guy.
Old March 13, 2015, 03:26 PM
BC Editorial Team

Pilot aram se bhat khachche - in that picture
Old March 13, 2015, 03:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
There is no doubt that the ball he got bowled out at was a top class ball but what is NOT FAIR is that he wasted 19 balls for his 2 effing runs. Sharkar/Mulla would have made better use of those 19 damn balls that he wasted. even an extra 10 runs scored in those 19balls could have made a huge difference today.
I guess you have by now forgotten the entire situation for first 30 mins or so. It was "weird & wild swing show" on display, ball was deviating in air and after pitching like crazy, was basically unplayable during that time. Both openers together scored 6 odd runs in first five overs, so we should give him credit for surviving that massacre and not exposing other guys after 2/3 balls, that could be disastrous for us to lose 3/4 wickets in first 5/6 overs...
Old March 13, 2015, 03:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Pilot aram se bhat khachche - in that picture
That's Pilot? Damn. Can't even tell.
Old March 18, 2015, 07:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

This guy is a complete burden and dead weight. Dont know how he is finding a place in the team. A complete domestic bully. Tomorrow he is going to play and without any doubt he will edge it to the slips. One down even without going into the match.
Old March 19, 2015, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The guy was out 1st ball and Dhoni didn't even bother to appeal because he knew he was hot garbage.
Old March 19, 2015, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

I really dont know where players like Imrul come from and find a place in the National team

Absolute trash.
Old March 19, 2015, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

No mentality at all. Pure rubbish.
Old March 19, 2015, 06:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

He does not even know what is his call during running. he is the laughing stock in our world cup mission.
Old March 19, 2015, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

You just know how crap he is when the opposition captain doesnt appeal for his wicket when he goes out LOOOL
Old March 19, 2015, 06:54 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

I really really really hope this was his last ODI. I would take selfish Anamul over this useless KaEdge any given day.
Old March 19, 2015, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Exile looming
Old March 19, 2015, 07:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

those who understand the game well, will know it, those who dont. It was Kayes's call that run out, as it was behind SS.