facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 20, 2007, 09:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

i must admit the bowling was impressive but as usual the batting sucked! i think javed should come back and tushar should be dropped! he is so not dependable i dont know why they picked him anyway. reza is impressing me though out of the newcomers he has score over 25 in practice match and 1st ODI which is better than most and has also bagged 1 wicket. hope he improves unlike our other players. what has happened to our captain ASH?

Old July 20, 2007, 09:35 AM
Club Cricketer

By looking at our score, I could only come to the conclusion that we should put our top order batsmen at bottom and bottom order at top .. since all our top orders are s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 20, 2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Why cant our players bat. Before I went to sleep it was like SRL 234/6 but when I woke up it was like 138/8 Bangladesh then Musfiq's stupid top edge. Seriously, someone should teach them abc of batting.
Old July 20, 2007, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

ashraful should come much further down the order, its like out first 4 wicket will go under 50 runs or sth, and we need to sacrifice 4 batsmen.... and carry on the game....
Old July 20, 2007, 09:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
I wouldn't drop Tushar. I will give him a few chances so that when he gets dropped this time, he doesn't make a comeback so easily. In the meantime, if he does score and get over this mental BS, that will be great for Bangladesh Cricket.
agree
Old July 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

ব্যাটসম্যানরা এইরকম ভাবে উইকেট বিলানো প্রতিযোগিতায় নামলে ব্যাটিং অর্ডার দিয়ে কি করবেন ভাই? অর্ডারটা পুরাপুরি উল্টা কইরা ঝুলাইয়া দিলেও এর চাইতে খারাপ কিছু হবেনা।
Old July 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
As the target was relatively low, I was hoping they would shuffle the order and bring Rahim earlier (like against WC India game). I don't know why they didn't do that.
I think this tactic could have saved the game
Old July 20, 2007, 10:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
ব্যাটসম্যানরা এইরকম ভাবে উইকেট বিলানো প্রতিযোগিতায় নামলে ব্যাটিং অর্ডার দিয়ে কি করবেন ভাই? অর্ডারটা পুরাপুরি উল্টা কইরা ঝুলাইয়া দিলেও এর চাইতে খারাপ কিছু হবেনা।
I know... if they play like stupids... a win is far from reality. But having Aftab at 3 instead of Tusher would have stopped things getting as bad as it got within just a few overs... I do believe that.
Old July 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
Cricket Sage

... if they play like stupids... act like stupids... look like stupids.... they must be ...
Old July 20, 2007, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
ditto
Old July 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

If it was Ashraful's idea to send Tushar 1 down, I would say, take away his captaincy. Tushar is NOT a 1 down material...and after such a history of being dropped every game, he needed some comfortable position to play at. Before he even saw the ball, he had to go back to pavilion.

I was about to just stay up all night...since my cousins came from US at like 4:30 in the morning...but then I realized I have work, and should get an hour of sleep or so. Thank God I did that.
Old July 20, 2007, 11:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
...but then I realized I have work, and should get an hour of sleep or so. Thank God I did that.
... but why Bhaigna.... but why.... Khelar cheyee Kaj tai Boro Hoilo....one more hour's support could have changed the game... you can find another job.... but you cannot change the result...
Old July 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim

Same thing repeated from practice game Batsmen 2,3,4 all collapsed...
Razzaq was the best batsman.. 28 not out 6,4 and rotating singles !
Yes reza is showing consistency with both bat and ball.. both Tushar and Sakib are
not performing at all.. I said we need JO as an anchor..
Old July 20, 2007, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
On my way to chamber this morning , I was thinking about the batting orders. # 3 position is always for the inform batsman . Aftab or Mushfique should have been there.
How come you put a batsman in that position who is fighting to be in the side for a while!!! Can you believe that our lower order scored 100 runs !!! Really we lost a WIN
GAME !!!
You just said my words, I didnt know much about him but reading the writing on him I had a hope in him but he proved wrong me again, I cant understand how come the management has not got the idea of their players potential either, Tushar cant be a one down batsman anyway and as we know when in our team wicket pora shoro korle zora patar moto portei shoro kore and at that time when we have a decent total to chase they send Tushar who couldnt prove his worth in any series.

Yeah we lost the won game and I think the whole series because the opposition are not the brainless , Obvoiusly they will try to win the game before the half of the innings by scoring 300+ or keep us below 100 ( as we know we have talented batsmen and talented management).
Old July 20, 2007, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I think this tactic could have saved the game
Me too
Old July 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

The problem is that I dont think its the batting Order that is the prblem... It's just that our players cant bat! And yeah dont complain on Tushar playing one down because he would have done the same if played in any other position. Upto this point he has proven that he does not belong in the big league. But lets give him one more chance and see how he does.
Old July 20, 2007, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

shame ! shame !
Old July 20, 2007, 02:06 PM
Street Cricketer

[quote=Tigers_eye;513644]I painfully watched almost the whole match. Till BD was 67/5.

Tamim-SN did just fine. Till 11 overs we hadn't had the collapse started.
[quote]

Tamim didnt do too well actully, he made 11 runs of 39 balls, he defended so much, he should have gone for a little more singles. the only impressive player was Shahriar Nafees.
Old July 20, 2007, 02:56 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

See this is what I meant. When we see the practice match, we have to take in account that it is a whole different team and so performance wise, it will have different result as to playing a national team. I think we should have a sensible man at no 3 and that should be Mushfiq followed by Shaqib(yes I havent given up hope on this guy) then comes the two fireworks(ash, Aftab). ANd do you guys finally see why SN is essential in order for Bd to succeeed? Even at his current below par performance he is the top scorer.
Old July 20, 2007, 02:58 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

By the way I did not enjoy tamim's defensive mode what so ever. It seems he is trying to lose his natural flow and try out something new, which he isnt supposed to work on at an international level(I mean atleast get set damn it)
Old July 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

The best combination will be this:
1.mehrab
2.SN
3.mushfiq
4.aftab
5.ash
6.tamim
7.farhad
8.riyad
9.mash
10.razzak
11.rasel
Old July 20, 2007, 03:53 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
By the way I did not enjoy tamim's defensive mode what so ever. It seems he is trying to lose his natural flow and try out something new, which he isnt supposed to work on at an international level(I mean atleast get set damn it)
That is exactly how his brother got out of the international arena. He should have learned a few things or two from him.
Old July 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Wasn't able to follow the game last night and just got to check the score in the afternoon today. I still haven't gone through enough reports/BC threads to be able to say much about the batting conditions in the second inning, but I must say that I am pretty disappointed that we couldn't chase down or get anywhere close to a target as simple as 234. The scorecard shows that we were humiliated, and one didn't have to watch the game to come to that conclusion. It's not everyday that Sri Lanka will get bundled out for 230 odd - it is upto our batsmen to really make use of these opportunities to squeeze out a win or two.
Old July 23, 2007, 05:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

With Aftab in such good form... they sent Tushar again @ no.3!!

We used to blame Bashar for memorizing the game-plan before coming to field and not changing it in any situations. I am starting to believe that its actually a chronic disease of our management to that. For some reason they decided that they'll play Tushar at 3 in the series.... and they won't change that no matter how worse we do with every match!
Old July 23, 2007, 06:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

If Aftab was at 3 and Ash at 4, then with this partnership the THE MATCH WOULD HAVE BEEN a difft. one. Our bowlers did their part really well. These two ODIs have proved that BATTING ORDER is a crucial matter for a big score.