facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 3, 2007, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

2 Bad Match and now he's disappointing? He almost got us the Win vs Lanka. The runs will come. And I don't really care about the next three matches either in terms of individual performances cause were better than these next three teams and a win is what matters,It's the group play that matters to me.

Old September 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf
If you think that, then you dont know tamim at all, he plays the square cut remarkably well, Tamim and Shakib are the best players of the square cut.
Against good bowling attacks Tamim always struggled to play well, let alone square cuts. Against Australia (WC Super eight) he struggled, it's not only that match where he struggled. Same case is for Saqib. By 'almost non existent'- I meant these shots are rarely played against a decent attack. If Tamim plays these shots very well then Tamim does not have to come out from the crease so often.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Last edited by SMHasan; September 6, 2007 at 09:41 PM..
Old September 4, 2007, 03:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim

"Run to korte parosh na, bowling niye matobbori korosh.... Ghada kothakar.."

I love this statement !
Old September 4, 2007, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCity
"Run to korte parosh na, bowling niye matobbori korosh.... Ghada kothakar.."
yeah me too,you should make this your signature .
Old September 4, 2007, 03:57 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Maybe they just take advantage of being unknown and later the opposition figure out how to deal with them
I believe that is the reason. At first when they are unknown, opponents does not have the data on their strength and weakness. Then, after a few matches, they know from footage and computer analysis that this guy has this weakness and this is how to bowl against this guy. So, once they are known, they can't play as good.

question may be asked, then how does all other players of other teams be successful. I think the result being having more tricks in their sleeves and desire to learn more. you have to keep learning new things, and our batsmen is not able to do that for some reason.
Old September 4, 2007, 04:01 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Regarding Tamim, he never gave me enough chance to become a fan of his. The more I see him, the more I feel like he still has everything to prove and nothing has been done. Against india, it was more like 'Jhoray Bok' and because no one knew how he plays, he got away with it.

however, I think his real downfall came when he tried to adjust his natural game. We all know the story of how his older brother ruined his career. He is walking down the same path.
Old September 4, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Regarding Tamim, he never gave me enough chance to become a fan of his. The more I see him, the more I feel like he still has everything to prove and nothing has been done. Against india, it was more like 'Jhoray Bok' and because no one knew how he plays, he got away with it.

however, I think his real downfall came when he tried to adjust his natural game. We all know the story of how his older brother ruined his career. He is walking down the same path.
so nafis ibal was an aggressive batsmen before he changed it into defensive ?
Old September 4, 2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
so nafis ibal was an aggressive batsmen before he changed it into defensive ?
kind of,
he got a century from 70 ball against Ireland in 2005.
Old September 4, 2007, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
kind of,
he got a century from 70 ball against Ireland in 2005.
wow,thats cool and i thought that this guy was slow,so why did he do that ,nafis iqbal,why did he change his style was it because he wanted to get a test call from bcb or did he do this just for fun ?
Old September 5, 2007, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
wow,thats cool and i thought that this guy was slow,so why did he do that ,nafis iqbal,why did he change his style was it because he wanted to get a test call from bcb or did he do this just for fun ?
Who the heck would change their game from aggressive to defensive for fun?
Many of our so-called "Bang! Bang!" players have turned out to be big duds when it comes to big-hitting and strike rates around or above 100.

Sakib is a perfect example. I remember reading articles about him titles "Saqibul Hasan blasts Bangladesh to victory", and things like that. But then I watched him play for the first time during the ICC champions trophy in 2006, against Sri lanka. I was shocked to see how slow he played when he should have been accelerating to allow us the chance to win that match. He was unbeaten on 67, a knock which took 104 deliveries.

Anyway, perhaps Nafis Iqbal was another one of these players. Maybe he looked like a very fluent player in academy and first class matches, but when it came to the big league, as i like to call it, he gumbied up.
Old September 5, 2007, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Who the heck would change their game from aggressive to defensive for fun?
Many of our so-called "Bang! Bang!" players have turned out to be big duds when it comes to big-hitting and strike rates around or above 100.

Sakib is a perfect example. I remember reading articles about him titles "Saqibul Hasan blasts Bangladesh to victory", and things like that. But then I watched him play for the first time during the ICC champions trophy in 2006, against Sri lanka. I was shocked to see how slow he played when he should have been accelerating to allow us the chance to win that match. He was unbeaten on 67, a knock which took 104 deliveries.

Anyway, perhaps Nafis Iqbal was another one of these players. Maybe he looked like a very fluent player in academy and first class matches, but when it came to the big league, as i like to call it, he gumbied up.
yes,agreed,i think those players like nafis iqbal are scared to play their natural game,they think that it will get them out which is wrong,so far only mash,aftab,mushy,sn and ash lived up to the expectations of playing the natural game others are jus too scared.
Old September 5, 2007, 03:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Question Tamim Iqbal Khan

Tamim Iqbal Khan is supremely talented in terms of his ability to see the quicker deliveries early, and superior hand-eye coordination. His role in that memorable WC victory against India is the stuff of legends. Still close to a decade away from reaching his peak range, namely between the age of 27 and 32 and occasionally beyond in some cases, he has youth and the desire to succeed by harnessing that talent on his side.

BCB is the process of reformatting and enhancing the quality of the NCL so that he, and talented players like him, have a good place to harness that talent and not have to learn under all the pressures of International cricket at its highest level. Until that happens, actively resting Tamim and other talents in a talent-based team, needs to be carefully planned so that the rest, based on failure to meet predetermined, realistic performance standards over a number of games, helps them comeback stronger than ever.

Having said that, Tamim is nowhere near the class - in terms of batting grammar and judgment of line - of talented openers like Junaed Siddique, Nazmus Sadat, Mohammad Nazimuddin, Nafees Iqbal or Mehrab Hossain Opee from our past, present and future. Even comparatively less talented openers like Shahriar Nafees and Shahriar Hossain Biddut are/were better than him in terms of technique and judgment after taking longer to get set, but Tamim can be better than all of the aforementioned, IF he learns to harness that talent and apply it the way we all expect him to.

He has a long way to go, the huge but fading cult of personality notwithstanding.

Although he did better than most others against Uganda, just look at the way he got out against an associate country's bowling attack, and see for yourselves -

Quote:
Isaneez to Tamim Iqbal, OUT, that hit straight and low and out, he missed the line of the ball completely.

Tamim Iqbal lbw b Isaneez 27 (21b 5x4 0x6) SR: 128.57
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; September 5, 2007 at 03:38 AM..
Old September 5, 2007, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yes,agreed,i think those players like nafis iqbal are scared to play their natural game,they think that it will get them out which is wrong,so far only mash,aftab,mushy,sn and ash lived up to the expectations of playing the natural game others are jus too scared.
Haha....I half agree on your statement there. Obviously they aren't afraid to play their natural game. It's just that that is there natural game. They found it really easy to play aggressive against weaker opposition. Now against the big teams, they can't produce that sort of play anymore.
Old September 5, 2007, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Haha....I half agree on your statement there. Obviously they aren't afraid to play their natural game. It's just that that is there natural game. They found it really easy to play aggressive against weaker opposition. Now against the big teams, they can't produce that sort of play anymore.
yeah i must say,you are impressive lol