facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20, 2012, 06:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default BPL vs DPL

Where does the players loyalty lies? BPL or DPL ?

DPL (Dhaka Premier League): Has been the main source of income in domestic circuit for as long as I could remember. I grew up following teams like Abahani. Players look forward to playing with good clubs. They take pride in getting the highest salary.

BPL (Bangladesh Premiere League): Now is a new beginning arising in our Domestic Circuit. . The T20 league we have been waiting for. Players was also looking forward too. But many good earners in DPL did not receive any interest from the franchises. But those who did received very lucrative offers, some individuals will be the highest paid in any sports tournament arranged in Bangladesh. Lot of them will receive more money than what Walton paid BCB to become title sponsor of National Cricket League.

BPL is making DPL look like a Dudh-Baath cricket or Para cricket.

We still have 3 weeks before BPL starts.
There are still 6/7 match per team left in phase 1 of DPL. Which means players will not be as fresh as franchise wants them to be. Also there are unfortunate circumstances where a auctioned BPL player may get hurt.

What does BPL rules says about replacing a player?

Will the franchise boss of BPL pay the player who gets injured in DPL?

Will there be a conflict of interest between CCDM and BPL authority ? (e.g. will the BPL franchise tell Gazi tank to rest 200K Nasir or tell Victoria to rest Shakib )

What does a player do ?. In the past we have heard many stories about players not giving there 100% in Picnic Cricket NCL(crap salary) because they wanted to keep them fresh for DPL (who pays good money compared to NCL----sorry cant compare because the numerous difference is too big).

The way I see it. The next few weeks will bring a lot of controversy in our Domestic Cricket. So seat tight and enjoy the ride.