facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 11, 2010, 04:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Siddons: I don't have the power to tell the Board how to Spend their money

Quote:
Siddons fears that his team will be thrashed in the two-Test series with England, which begins on May 27, if they do not deal with English conditions. “It is a very tough tour for us,” he said. “The cold is ridiculous and when the ball seams it is difficult for our batsmen. They need to learn pretty quickly or we’ll get smashed. Our technique is a lot better but you only need to play seven bad shots and the innings is over.”

Siddons admitted that his bowlers have also not yet worked out how to play here. “We bowled a bit short,” he said. “We talked about it before, but they still want to bang it in rather than be patient and wait for the batsmen to make a mistake.”

There will be a lot of reliance in the Tests on the left-arm spin of Shakib Al Hasan, the captain, who did not bowl yesterday because he has a cold. “Shakib rarely has a bad day with the ball,” Siddons said. “We need him to take five wickets each time.”

Siddons, the former Victoria batsman, is lacking a bowling coach for this tour and he also complained about the development of young talent in Bangladesh. “The next group of kids need to be better than Shakib, but they are not going to do it with this structure,” he said. “The academy has been left to fall away and some of our best under-19s players are not even playing now. My group are the only side that train full-time. That is poor, but I have no power to tell the board how to spend their dollars.”
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7123401.ece

I'm also sick of these Crap bowlers keeping droping it short for no reason

Old May 11, 2010, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Not good management. I feel for Siddons.
Old May 11, 2010, 04:56 PM
Banned

I feel his pain. Being a cricketer of a country where professionalism is at its highest level, he can't take the fact that money earned through cricket is not spent for cricket. it seems like BCB is just another bangladeshi organisation to make money for the rogue politicians and businessmen. I wonder where all the money earned from tv deals, sponsorship and participating ICC tournaments go to.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 11, 2010, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Its go to straight lotus miar poket

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 11, 2010, 06:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Thats why we need some professional people up at the top..we need 2 spend money the right way if we want 2 play test cricket..there is no way around it and we are just not doing it..siddons already pointed this out and still bcb care more about themselves rather then cricket..its just really shameful that only national team plays full time..full time play should start at the U19 level if we want 2 be successful..well what can we do..we can just only sit and watch us struggling through the years until our players grow..
Old May 11, 2010, 08:25 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Siddons, just their *** man. You could get fired. But people will love you. Just do it right before you leave.

Take their Mukhos off JS!
Old May 11, 2010, 11:44 PM
Cricket Sage

This sort of talk doesn't bother our management. Bangladesh is not like western counties, where if news gets out media makes a big deal of it and something actually gets done about it. While in BD the the politicians behind BCB has all sorts of contact with the Media and the Government. They don't give a crap about what JS says. At the end of the day as long as their pockets full they are happy. Period.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

we need a CEO, who will work together witch national team coaches.

but a CEO will be an obstacle for the political people to get their share of big money. so a CEO is not been employed
Old May 12, 2010, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I actually thought our latest batch of U19 was better than many of the previous batch and if they are unable to translate their potentials into performance at the finest level, the board must take the blame for it. From what I saw, at least 4 players in the 2010 WC team should make the national team sometime soon, and if the academy is falling apart as Mr. Shakil[and now JS] said, then we have something to worry about.
Old May 12, 2010, 12:37 AM
Cricket Savant

The man doth protest too much.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 12, 2010, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

We should have had a bowling coach for this tour. At least as temporary basis basis to guide our bowlers throughout the series. We can even do it now, appoint a reputed English bowling coach for this series.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Lol...BANFAN is here....before he bashes Sid, allow me to expediete his euthanasia.

Yes! He whines too much. What else did he expect when he dragged his bottom in this bleephole? That it's all gonna be glittery confettis, rainbows and butterflies. Oh please shut up! For once, stop mulling on all the negative things of the board and play with the cards that are dealt with. I love the American CEOs because if they had this exact situation they could turn the state around 360. That's where the genius lies...to take a complete wreckage and produce a treasure. No one said that his job gonna be easy. No one promised him that when he comes to one of the most corrupt countries of the world with their political cesspool he'd just sashay into stardom. No one said that life's gonna be a cakewalk....so Mr Siddons pull your damn breechers up cuz it's about time you get down in the muddy waters of the haor and start delivering.

You were hired to do a job; do it.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; May 12, 2010 at 01:19 AM..
Old May 12, 2010, 01:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Lol...BANFAN is here....before he bashes Sid, allow me to expediete his euthanasia.

Yes! He whines too much. What else did he expect when he dragged his bottom in this bleephole? That it's all gonna be glittery confettis, rainbows and butterflies. Oh please shut up! For once, stop mulling on all the negative things of the board and play with the cards that are dealt with. I love the American CEOs because if they had this exact situation they could turn the state around 360. That's where the genius lies...to take a complete wreckage and produce a treasure. No one said that his job gonna be easy. No one promised him that when he comes to one of the most corrupt countries of the world with their political cesspool he'd just sashay into stardom. No one said that life's gonna be a cakewalk....so Mr Siddons pull your damn breechers up cuz it's about time you get down in the muddy waters of the haor and start delivering.

You were hired to do a job; do it.

ok u go dig a 10 meter ditch with a spoon. n while ur at it know that ur boss is living the life wit the money he can use to giv u a shovel.

then we'll see whos complaining.

siddons is only expressing his opinions. what he says is tru. if u interpret this as making excuses by siddons, u need to re-think. cos this guy is doing all he can given wat he has. its not like hes not working his butt off is it???
Old May 12, 2010, 02:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Two View Points:

First u deal with the cards that is given to u!

Secondly when is Bangladesh like Australia?

1 + 1 = when u joined BCB u should have expected these conditions
Old May 12, 2010, 02:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
We should have had a bowling coach for this tour. At least as temporary basis basis to guide our bowlers throughout the series. We can even do it now, appoint a reputed English bowling coach for this series.
i too said it before.

we needed someone to guide our bowlers on what length and line to bowl on english conditions.
Old May 12, 2010, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

BCB: The Greates Enemy of Our Cricket? .............. Thing so. At least Lotus Kamal jotodin ache.
Old May 12, 2010, 02:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Head of the coaching staff cannot pass it on..........
Old May 12, 2010, 02:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Its is true that our board is in a mess and our cricket is not developing as it should but that is not an excuse for JS to use as a blanket to cover for his own failures. As a coach i do not see any strategy from him nor do i see any constructive ideas on HOW we can DO better. All he seems to do is be pessimistic and point out the obvious failures of the cricketers and the administration. Your main responsibilty lies in the squad of players you have and to produce a positive result by utilising them and your skill as a head coach. Until i see moments of brillance from siddons his comments will always be interpreted as excuses to hide his own shortcomings.
Old May 12, 2010, 03:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nur,Sabbir,Anam,Shuvogoto

I feel like swearing at BCB
Old May 12, 2010, 03:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

there are some quality talents coming through (especially u19s or recent u19s), it's just about developing them properly. some good points from siddons.
Old May 12, 2010, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Don't you usually need some sort of Common sense, Education and a brain that is able to use the some proper LOGIC to be able to have a chance to run BCB, even for Bangladeshi standard? It defies logic on why they complain and throw in strong words after we lose … Instead of bashing ASHRAFUL we should from now on BASH BCB when Ash scores a ZERO or throws the game away!!!
Old May 12, 2010, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
Its is true that our board is in a mess and our cricket is not developing as it should but that is not an excuse for JS to use as a blanket to cover for his own failures. As a coach i do not see any strategy from him nor do i see any constructive ideas on HOW we can DO better. All he seems to do is be pessimistic and point out the obvious failures of the cricketers and the administration. Your main responsibilty lies in the squad of players you have and to produce a positive result by utilising them and your skill as a head coach. Until i see moments of brillance from siddons his comments will always be interpreted as excuses to hide his own shortcomings.
he can't do anyting with the team if they are not willing to listen and learn.i mean,come on,JS is just a coach,he's not God!
Old May 12, 2010, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Thats why we need some professional people up at the top..we need 2 spend money the right way if we want 2 play test cricket..there is no way around it and we are just not doing it..siddons already pointed this out and still bcb care more about themselves rather then cricket..its just really shameful that only national team plays full time..full time play should start at the U19 level if we want 2 be successful..well what can we do..we can just only sit and watch us struggling through the years until our players grow..
well atleast we have NCL and PCL now and thus the younger players get more exposure.however,that is just t20 and u cannot really judge players based on their t20 performances.we need to have more 3day matches being played.
Old May 12, 2010, 06:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

I feel really sorry for Siddons, Without any doubt he is trying his best but not getting any support around him.

Also feel more sorry about those individuals whose are bashing Siddons without thinking because they got no brains to think.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
he can't do anyting with the team if they are not willing to listen and learn.i mean,come on,JS is just a coach,he's not God!
No one is expecting him to do miracles. If the players do not listen to him than he is not the right coach for our team. One of the skills of a coach is to make his players listen to him and his ideas. It happens in every sport that sometimes a great coach gets sacked because he is not bringing success with the players he has. Siddons needs to get success with the players at his disposal.