facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 6, 2010, 01:25 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default T-20 cricket: U-23 Team to play in World T-20?

World Cup T-20 is going to be staged in April - May 2010.

With reference to Sakib's comment about T-20 cricket that our national team does not get the chance to play T-20 cricket much, and so they do not have any idea of how to play in this type of cricket, and also with reference to the success of the Bangladesh U-23 team in the on-going South Asian games, where Bangladesh U-23 team beat Pakistan U-23 in the T-20 cricket of South Asian Games, (and thus will face Sri Lanka U-23 team in the final); can we opt to allow our Bangladesh U-23 team play in the World T-20 Cup?

After all, our national team does not care much about T-20 cricket, as seen in the tour of New Zealand, and the BCB is also not serious about staging T-20 matches at home with the other teams, so can we do that?

I mean, under normal circumstances, we'd say that anyone who plays well in ODIs and Tests, will play well in T-20 cricket, but since our national players would need so much exposure and so much practice in T-20 cricket - to be able to play the game well, then why go for the national team? Just because they're the most talented players in the country and gets paid from BCB and are contracted players - doesn't make them the best players in all forms of cricket.

So, why not allow our U-23 team, who have done well and hopefully will do well in the final against SL, to play in the World T-20 cup?

Old February 6, 2010, 01:47 AM

Ha! Ha!! Good one sis!!!

No advice for Selectors/coach/BCB?
Old February 6, 2010, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

We need few changes...some those U-23 should be included. Other countries do this.
Old February 6, 2010, 02:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if it's not going to make much difference to the result then why not try out some youngsters? maybe not the whole team should be u23 but guys like shabbir rahman, nasir hossain, mithun ali, maybe even mahmudul hasan, noor hasan, subashis roy etc could be worth giving some experience to in the world t20. although the standard of opponent will be much higher in the world t20 than the SAGs, also want to see a player like nazmus sadat given ago but otherwise the riyad's, naeem's, tamim's and shakib's should be the main focus of the team, even alok. i think maybe we should sit out guys like aftab and ash in t20s, they do have the ability to hit but tbh i think the youngsters are surpassing them, hard to say that players like riyad, naeem and shakib with their allround ability, hitting ability and better consistency aren't more suited to the t20 game than the likes of aftab and ash. nazmus can bowl a bit, alok can bowl a bit and both can hit, ash shouldn't even be a part timer with the ball, he really isn't that good (and yes i've seen ash bowl recently and i've seen him bowling leggies and offies, he can be used as a partnership breaker i.e. 1-2 overs in a spell but shouldn't bowl anything more).
Old February 6, 2010, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

In last match our most senior player was Ash(25y), than Riad(24). So in national level almost another u23 team is representing.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 6, 2010, 04:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

At the moment ,the ideal t20 team should be-
tamim iqbal
mithun ali
aftab/ash
sabbir ahmed
nasir hossain
ziaur rahman
nadif chowdhury
shuvasis roy
naeem islam
riyad
shafiul
razzaq
sakib
anamul haque
mash(to guide the bowlers)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old February 6, 2010, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

This is actually a feasible idea. When T20 internationals were still in its very early days, only kids outside the national team/younger blokes played the T20 games. But due to the growth in the game, the trend has changed. But we could send them to the world T20, we barely have a chance to go through to the second round. So why not give these guys a go and let the national players practice some bloody 4 day matches?
Old February 6, 2010, 06:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Ponting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
World Cup T-20 is going to be staged in April - May 2010.

With reference to Sakib's comment about T-20 cricket that our national team does not get the chance to play T-20 cricket much, and so they do not have any idea of how to play in this type of cricket, and also with reference to the success of the Bangladesh U-23 team in the on-going South Asian games, where Bangladesh U-23 team beat Pakistan U-23 in the T-20 cricket of South Asian Games, (and thus will face Sri Lanka U-23 team in the final); can we opt to allow our Bangladesh U-23 team play in the World T-20 Cup?

After all, our national team does not care much about T-20 cricket, as seen in the tour of New Zealand, and the BCB is also not serious about staging T-20 matches at home with the other teams, so can we do that?

I mean, under normal circumstances, we'd say that anyone who plays well in ODIs and Tests, will play well in T-20 cricket, but since our national players would need so much exposure and so much practice in T-20 cricket - to be able to play the game well, then why go for the national team? Just because they're the most talented players in the country and gets paid from BCB and are contracted players - doesn't make them the best players in all forms of cricket.

So, why not allow our U-23 team, who have done well and hopefully will do well in the final against SL, to play in the World T-20 cup?
Shakib said they do not know how to play t20 cricket. do they really know how to play odi or test cricket? winning one odi against a top side in more than year (against SL in jan, 2009. that was not a full 50 over match either) does not prove that we know how to play one day cricket.
Old February 6, 2010, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

No. There is a huge difference between Pakistan U-21 and Pakistan, World T20 champions. Simple as that.
Old February 7, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

all i wish is RAQIBUL is not in the team
Old February 7, 2010, 08:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
At the moment ,the ideal t20 team should be-
tamim iqbal
mithun ali
aftab/ash
sabbir ahmed
nasir hossain
ziaur rahman
nadif chowdhury
shuvasis roy
naeem islam
riyad
shafiul
razzaq
sakib
anamul haque
mash(to guide the bowlers)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
no nadeef chowdhury plz
Old February 7, 2010, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

shabbir rahman
Old February 7, 2010, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Good Idea. I initially viewed T20 as a platform to blood young players. But along came IPL and T20 is now "way too important" for that.
Old February 7, 2010, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Ha! Ha!! Good one sis!!!

No advice for Selectors/coach/BCB?
It would be waste of time to advice them.
Such pathetic guys.
Old February 7, 2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i dont want any national team player to be included, they will ruin the whole team spirit as they dont care for this format.plus including them means, they wont be able to play test or ODI anymore due to their lack of frontal lobe capacity.

i will choose

anamul
najmus sadat
mithun ali
nasir hossain
sabbir rahman
mahmudul hasan
noor hossain
ziaur rahman
shohrawardi shuvo
saqlain sajib
alok kapali
subhashis roy
emon ahmed
asif ahmed
farhad hossain
Old February 7, 2010, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
i dont want any national team player to be included, they will ruin the whole team spirit as they dont care for this format.plus including them means, they wont be able to play test or ODI anymore due to their lack of frontal lobe capacity.

i will choose

anamul
najmus sadat. Need SHAKIB to lead them
mithun ali
nasir hossain
sabbir rahman
mahmudul hasan
noor hossain
ziaur rahman
shohrawardi shuvo
saqlain sajib
alok kapali