facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 9, 2012, 12:07 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Early days for Ashwin, so cant compare with the other two. But he has what it takes-height, ability to turn, variation, and an action which is not exactly conventional. Another talented Indian spinner is Pragyan Ojha. Beautiful action, ability to generate sharp turn. Their biggest prospect was Piyush Chawla. But doubt he is as good as the other two.

Shakib's bowling has been on the decline in recent times. Former spin coach Salahuddin has blamed T20 cricket. He tries to bowl flatter and quicker through the air. Hope some time with Saqlain will revive his bowling a little. But even at his best Shakib isnt a destructive bowler who will rip opposition apart. He will probably take 3-4 wickets for 30 or 40 runs. Thats the way he is. But Enamul Jnr and Sunny in contrast are capable of big hauls. Both are aggressive attacking spinners. Richard McIness had predicted Enamul could end up becoming one of the best spinners in the World-and that after becoming the highest wicket taker of the Under 19 WC. Unfortunately he never developed. Still hopeful. With hard work our spinners can easily compete with the best in the world. Australia would be delighted to have a guy like Enam or one of the Sunny's. Their SLA's Michael Beer, Doherty are average compared to ours.
I agree to an extent about Shakib's bowling. I think his limited over bowling has suffered a little bit because he's been trying to tread a fine line between being aggressive and wicket-taking, while also being economical. (The objective is good but the results are mixed) However, I think he has the ability to transition to Tests quite well, where the emphasis is on wicket taking. He was playing loads of T20s last year as well but he still managed to take 5 wicket hauls against both the Windies and Pakistan!

Old September 9, 2012, 03:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Currently Ajmal.

The Aussies seem to be playing the bowler instead of the delivery he bowls. Absolutely owning them Aussies these days. Bowls in Power plays and in death overs and yet remains an economical wicket taker. Amazing.
Old September 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

It has to be Ajmal in every format. This guy can even make brilliant batsmen dance to his tunes.

Apart from him, Swann is good, and ashwin seems to be a monster in Indian conditions in test cricket. He will be key factor in our series against Aus and Eng.
Old September 10, 2012, 04:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

verdict is still out on ashwin imo, he did have a great series against NZ but they're not good players of spin.
Old September 10, 2012, 07:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
verdict is still out on ashwin imo, he did have a great series against NZ but they're not good players of spin.
But you certainly can't take the credit away from him. I don't think any other spinner would have taken so many wickets against them, Apart from ajmal and swann.

He has played only 9 or 10 matches so far, he is still young in his career, he is a brilliant prospect with great potential to be a great bowler particularly in Sub continental conditions.
Old September 10, 2012, 07:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
But you certainly can't take the credit away from him. I don't think any other spinner would have taken so many wickets against them, Apart from ajmal and swann.

He has played only 9 or 10 matches so far, he is still young in his career, he is a brilliant prospect with great potential to be a great bowler particularly in Sub continental conditions.
i still can't say ashwin is in the same league as Harvajan but he is turning out to be a very very good allrounder,though India with a strong batting lineup may not need his services with bat, and he may concentrate entirely with bowling, thus in time reducing his AR capabilities, it'll be sad if this happens, world is already missing quality ARs..there are so few now(excuse my love for allrounders, its the only thing we have)
Old September 10, 2012, 08:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i still can't say ashwin is in the same league as Harvajan but he is turning out to be a very very good allrounder,though India with a strong batting lineup may not need his services with bat, and he may concentrate entirely with bowling, thus in time reducing his AR capabilities, it'll be sad if this happens, world is already missing quality ARs..there are so few now(excuse my love for allrounders, its the only thing we have)
Surely ashwin is not in the league of Bhajji. That guy has taken so many wickets. ashwin is still very inexperienced and I was merely stating his potential. ATM though on current form Ashwin is far better than bhajji.

Although I really like Ashwin's batting but I hope team doesn't treat him as allrounder as of now and should take his runs as an bonus addition. His primary role is to take wickets and that's what he should concentrate on. But I am sure he will develop into a handy batsman down the order in coming few years.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

I always considered Shakib amongst the top 3-4 SLA's in the world. Yesterday he showed he isnt. His bowling was woeful, lacked imagination and thinking. He has to figure his bowling out, because its been on a steady decline.

Also Nathan McCullum showed us what we are missing. Now all our front line bowlers have more international and first class wickets than him. But NM seemed to be a class apart. He bowled with a lot of guile and tact. he was using the crease, varying the flight. Also tried the carrom ball. Doesnt fall in the same mold as Ajmal/Swann/Ashwin but was highly effective. Bangladesh badly needs such a spinner.
Old September 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I always considered Shakib amongst the top 3-4 SLA's in the world. Yesterday he showed he isnt. His bowling was woeful, lacked imagination and thinking. He has to figure his bowling out, because its been on a steady decline.

Also Nathan McCullum showed us what we are missing. Now all our front line bowlers have more international and first class wickets than him. But NM seemed to be a class apart. He bowled with a lot of guile and tact. he was using the crease, varying the flight. Also tried the carrom ball. Doesnt fall in the same mold as Ajmal/Swann/Ashwin but was highly effective. Bangladesh badly needs such a spinner.
You are being harsh on shakib . He is a good bowler and would walk in many team around the world. One should never judge a player in a t20 match.
Old December 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Saeed Ajmal

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old December 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

The one and only Saeed Ajmal

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 6, 2013, 05:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Sir. Ash.
Old March 8, 2013, 01:50 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Narine has been dropped from the team.. lol :p
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-ind...y/624166.html?
Old March 8, 2013, 02:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Sohag Gazi

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 8, 2013, 04:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Narine has been dropped from the team.. lol :p
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-ind...y/624166.html?
haha, and look at who killed Narayon's rice
Quote:
The other players to miss out from the squad that played the Bangladesh series, which was West Indies' previous Test assignment, include batsmen Kirk Edwards and Assad Fudadin.

Narine had had a poor run in that series, taking three wickets in two Tests at an average of 114.33.
hhs