facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 12, 2013, 03:56 PM

Default অভিনন্দন শেখ হাসিনা

লাল সালাম এবং অভিনন্দন শেখ হাসিনা

- আপনার শাহসী এবং দৃড়তার জন্যে, যুদ্বাপরাধীদের বিচার এবং তা কার্যকর করার পদক্ষেপ শুরু করার জন্যে।

এখন বাকী বিচারগুলি শুরু করুন ...

> জেল হত্যা ...সৈয়দ নজরুল ইসলাম, তাজউদ্দিন আহমেদ, ক্যাপ্টেন এম. মনসুর আলী এবং আবু হেনা মোহাম্মদ কামরুজ্জামান হত্যাকান্ডের

> কর্নেল তাহের

> প্রেসিডেন্ট জিয়া

> হেফাজত আন্দলন সহ সকল রাজনৈতিক গুম হত্যা

> এরশাদ, খালেদা জিয়া এবং আপনার এই সময়ে যে জ্বালও-পোরাও, সরকারী-বেসরকারী সম্পত্তির ক্ষতি এবং হত্যাকান্ড হচ্ছে ...

সকল হত্যা আর অরাজকতার বিচার (আপনি ক্ষমতায় না থাকলেও) যাতে সম্পন্ন হয়, তার ব্যাবস্থা করুন...

আপনার কাছে আমার এই আবেদন এই জন্যে যে আমি বিশ্বাস করি আপনি তা পরবেন...আপনি তাবেদার জাতিসঙ্ঘ সহ বিশ্ব-পরাশক্তিকে যে বৃদ্ধাঙ্গুলি দেখালেন কাদের মল্লার ফাসি কার্যকর করে...

অভিনন্দন, বাহবা আর লাল সালাম তার জন্যে।

দ্রস্টব্যঃ এই মন্তব্য একান্তই আমার। বাংলাকৃকেট এই মন্তব্যের জন্য দায়ী নয়।

Old December 12, 2013, 09:40 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

96 e ei shahoshi kota ar driro ta koi chilo KP bhai?
Old December 12, 2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
96 e ei shahoshi kota ar driro ta koi chilo KP bhai?
It's a start.

And, hope not the end...
Old December 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
It's a start.

And, hope not the end...
KP bhai what do you believe ?

that AL had a sudden awakening of a conscience and is earnestly seeking the justice we have been denied for 42 years

or

This is all a political game (including ganajagoron mancha) to cripple the opposition coalition and solidify power to remain as government

I would like you to take into consideration the ICT skype scandal, Saka's verdict leaked online prior to release and the latest Ershad arrest
Old December 12, 2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
KP bhai what do you believe ?

that AL had a sudden awakening of a conscience and is earnestly seeking the justice we have been denied for 42 years

or

This is all a political game (including ganajagoron mancha) to cripple the opposition coalition and solidify power to remain as government

I would like you to take into consideration the ICT skype scandal, Saka's verdict leaked online prior to release and the latest Ershad arrest
Well, it's never too late...to prosecute the war-criminals IMHO.

You might be right - the timing might be a political stunt from BAL part, but I am willing to take it. I want govt. (whichever party in power) to established rule of law and prosecute the killers whichever party they belongs to.

Do you think it's easy for a country like Bangladesh, to go against the mighty Arabs, Americans and UN? It takes huge courage and Shekh Hasina stand in her ground against all odds. If you don't stand by your govt., then who will?

Shouldn't we support the right things while we all oppose the wrong doings?
Old December 12, 2013, 11:35 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

We should support the right things but not when they are done in a wrong way. The international community, human rights groups have all expressed concerns over the transparency of the tribunal and that it is lacking the international standard that is desired. When you dig into the details you find that evidence is lacking. Of course from history we know who did what but the rule of law need to look at substantial evidence and not public emotion.The incompetence of the prosecution should not be covered up by bending the law to get the desired verdict. In this instance of the War Criminals people are happy but in general this has now set a bad precedent and the same mechanism could be used against innocent civilians or opposition leaders in the future.
Old December 12, 2013, 11:38 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

president zia er hotta mamlay na bichar hoyeche?, kader fasi dilo tahole se mamlay?

Bisshojit hotta mamlar bichar chai

Tobe ami jani r kisu hobena, agula sob political game

but political game or not i am happy, at least Bangalir 42 Bochorer nichu matha aktu holeo uchu holo
Old December 13, 2013, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Well, it's never too late...to prosecute the war-criminals IMHO.

You might be right - the timing might be a political stunt from BAL part, but I am willing to take it. I want govt. (whichever party in power) to established rule of law and prosecute the killers whichever party they belongs to.

Do you think it's easy for a country like Bangladesh, to go against the mighty Arabs, Americans and UN? It takes huge courage and Shekh Hasina stand in her ground against all odds. If you don't stand by your govt., then who will?

Shouldn't we support the right things while we all oppose the wrong doings?
100% agree with you.

One should also remember it took AL 21 years to get into power (from 1975). Whilst there were a lot of pressure groups around in the mid 90s campaigning for the trial of these rajakars, lots of public brainwashing and twisting of history went on in those 21 years and as a result ended up in textbooks that was sold off to the generation of that time. The assuming of power in 1996 was more to do with the demise of the opposition but political ideologies indoctrinated during those 21 years were still existent making opinions skewed left , right and centre thus making it impossible to set up a war crimes trial as this process would require atleast two consecutive terms in a country like Bangladesh. I am still surprised they managed to hang one of them during this term!
Old December 13, 2013, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Justice has been served thats sure, however the manner it was conducted was very questionable. Nevertheless, it would be also good to see other political criminals be given the justice they deserve like the Biswajit muder as Night_wolf mentioned.

This was a brilliant politically planned move by AL. Before the election they will want to derail as many political rivals as they can. They might lose but they would also want to be a sizeable political oppostion.
Old December 13, 2013, 05:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I also suspect the political purpose but no matter what if it wasn't Hasina there wouldn't be any punishment to these war criminals at all.
So I thank her.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 13, 2013, 07:25 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
president zia er hotta mamlay na bichar hoyeche?, kader fasi dilo tahole se mamlay?

Bisshojit hotta mamlar bichar chai

Tobe ami jani r kisu hobena, agula sob political game

but political game or not i am happy, at least Bangalir 42 Bochorer nichu matha aktu holeo uchu holo
FYI
Biswajit murder case verdict on Dec 18, 2013
http://www.theindependentbd.com/inde...ion&Itemid=223
Old December 13, 2013, 10:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:

Ganajagoron mancha is a joke. Many people including myself thought it was neutral and then we all got fooled. Omi rahman pial was the voice of reason claimed by many in BC. Haire public!!
Old December 13, 2013, 12:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I guess this hanging will please lot of those swinger voters for Awami League in last election. And certainly to the Shahbag protesters for sure. I dont think asking/expecting for more such optimistic bloodshed demand for future from Seikh Hassina as PM is deserved at this moment. Controversial or not, this war crime tribunal has made its impact, but brought a lot of unnecessary attention towards/against issues regarding steadily growing secularist movement in BD, turmoil the whole political ground of the country in divided mentality rather than common expectation of the justice against crime.
Despite these current terrorist activities Country's horrible economic situation right now hitting the rock bottom, lowest in current govt ruling era, especially for the low income people this is getting beyond painful margin, due to these strikes from BNP-Jamat. Anyway its good to see justice is served at last, but for a great cost.
Old December 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I hope and pray every govt from now on hangs at least 1 or 2 from the opposition. or else we have no way out.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 13, 2013, 01:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Ganajagoron mancha is a joke. Many people including myself thought it was neutral and then we all got fooled. Omi rahman pial was the voice of reason claimed by many in BC. Haire public!!
why is gonojagoron a joke? probably I have missed something, do you have any info?
Old December 13, 2013, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
why is gonojagoron a joke? probably I have missed something, do you have any info?
it is politically motivated staged by AL. to divert people's attention from main issues afflicting the country at present. yes, war criminals tribunal is important but why weren't they protesting other social injustices. where is grievances for bishawjit murder? where is protest for sagor-runi murder? keno share market scandal hoy, sundarban e power plant hoy? keno rana plaza te eto manush morar por strict policy hoy nah?

keno sheishob er biroddhe jonogoner jagoron hoy nah? keno shahbagh er leader ra govt protection ar finance pai? tader leader (lucky akhter) mone kore (see PA) shangskritik protiborton i desher unnoyon ghotabe. kisher unnoti, baccha ra hindi cartoon dekhe hindi bole, youth ra hindi te internet e kotha bole, ar aunty ra zee bangla dekhe. ei bharotiyo shonghskriti ki unnoyon ghotabe malum nai. kintu tar biroddhe tader matha betha nai.
Old December 13, 2013, 02:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
it is politically motivated staged by AL. to divert people's attention from main issues afflicting the country at present. yes, war criminals tribunal is important but why weren't they protesting other social injustices. where is grievances for bishawjit murder? where is protest for sagor-runi murder? keno share market scandal hoy, sundarban e power plant hoy? keno rana plaza te eto manush morar por strict policy hoy nah?

keno sheishob er biroddhe jonogoner jagoron hoy nah? keno shahbagh er leader ra govt protection ar finance pai? tader leader (lucky akhter) mone kore (see PA) shangskritik protiborton i desher unnoyon ghotabe. kisher unnoti, baccha ra hindi cartoon dekhe hindi bole, youth ra hindi te internet e kotha bole, ar aunty ra zee bangla dekhe. ei bharotiyo shonghskriti ki unnoyon ghotabe malum nai. kintu tar biroddhe tader matha betha nai.
bujhlam,kintu gonojagoron je bhua ei bepar e ki kono proman pawa gechey naki shob andaj kora, I mean it's clear that u know when gonojagoron started when something went wrong about Kader molla's trial, and I believe it was a game played by AL.
But what if Gonojagoron is a real thing? I understand that why other issues were not protested, but the truth is the other issues you mentioned don't really fall to the same level , I mean a whole nation is not going to protest for a Bishojit or Sagor-Runi or share market, but many people gathered for Rajakar er bichar because many people have lost their closed ones in 71 & those who haven't lost closed ones were also there.

The thing is if there is no evidence then I'm unwilling to call it bhua, or even if it's leaders are bhua we can not deny that many people actually came with true spirit.

shejonno jante chachilam kichu phash hoyeche kina
Old December 14, 2013, 11:01 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Jadukor bhai, I agree with Zafar Sobhan when he says that the presumption of innocence was founded as a legal concept on the basis that the defendant is helpless/powerless. It is better to let a 100 guilty men go free rather than see an innocent man hang, etc. However, the equation changes when the defendant is very powerful and even when not in power, wields considerable influence over an organized segment of the population: in over 20 years of power they have plenty of opportunities to make evidence disappear, intimidate witnesses, confuse public memory and so on.

Very difficult to have high standard trials in such circumstances.

I also feel a bit peeved when the whole world talks about delivering justice and international standards, when they did diddly squat to help/prod Bangladesh towards holding such trials before 2009. They were international crimes; crimes against humanity for crying out loud!
Old December 14, 2013, 09:41 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

i will respond in the tribunal thread
Old December 15, 2013, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Jadukor bhai, I agree with Zafar Sobhan when he says that the presumption of innocence was founded as a legal concept on the basis that the defendant is helpless/powerless. It is better to let a 100 guilty men go free rather than see an innocent man hang, etc. However, the equation changes when the defendant is very powerful and even when not in power, wields considerable influence over an organized segment of the population: in over 20 years of power they have plenty of opportunities to make evidence disappear, intimidate witnesses, confuse public memory and so on.

Very difficult to have high standard trials in such circumstances.

I also feel a bit peeved when the whole world talks about delivering justice and international standards, when they did diddly squat to help/prod Bangladesh towards holding such trials before 2009. They were international crimes; crimes against humanity for crying out loud!
Navo, can you talk about the weakness of the tribunal? Are you aware of any legal weakness of the case as well? I am just curious, and I am hoping that you have much more info about this than an average person like myself.

BTW, if you can't expect high standard in the legal proceedings, then where should you? Next time when someone you know is prosecuted with OUT using high standards, I wonder how you will try to rationalize it. It is important to separate politics from intellectual questions.
Old December 15, 2013, 05:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Please people (who made muktijoddho as thier fathers property) don't get me wrong or call me rajakar. Only people were murdered during 1971 by Pakistani Army and their collaborators are entitled to get justice. Bishajit and thousands others who were killed, murdered by AL cadres since 1972 are not entitled to get justice or should not ask for it. Ai BAL government Moktijoddho ke ponno banai felche.
Old December 15, 2013, 05:38 PM
Banned

2006 -e 28th October je hotta kando hoiche sheta Sk. Hasina r direct nirdheshe hoiche. Ekjon khonir theke justice asha kora bokami.
Quote:
লাল সালাম এবং অভিনন্দন শেখ হাসিনা

- আপনার শাহসী এবং দৃড়তার জন্যে, যুদ্বাপরাধীদের বিচার এবং তা কার্যকর করার পদক্ষেপ শুরু করার জন্যে।

এখন বাকী বিচারগুলি শুরু করুন ...

> জেল হত্যা ...সৈয়দ নজরুল ইসলাম, তাজউদ্দিন আহমেদ, ক্যাপ্টেন এম. মনসুর আলী এবং আবু হেনা মোহাম্মদ কামরুজ্জামান হত্যাকান্ডের

> কর্নেল তাহের

> প্রেসিডেন্ট জিয়া

> হেফাজত আন্দলন সহ সকল রাজনৈতিক গুম হত্যা

> এরশাদ, খালেদা জিয়া এবং আপনার এই সময়ে যে জ্বালও-পোরাও, সরকারী-বেসরকারী সম্পত্তির ক্ষতি এবং হত্যাকান্ড হচ্ছে ...

সকল হত্যা আর অরাজকতার বিচার (আপনি ক্ষমতায় না থাকলেও) যাতে সম্পন্ন হয়, তার ব্যাবস্থা করুন...

আপনার কাছে আমার এই আবেদন এই জন্যে যে আমি বিশ্বাস করি আপনি তা পরবেন...আপনি তাবেদার জাতিসঙ্ঘ সহ বিশ্ব-পরাশক্তিকে যে বৃদ্ধাঙ্গুলি দেখালেন কাদের মল্লার ফাসি কার্যকর করে...

অভিনন্দন, বাহবা আর লাল সালাম তার জন্যে।

দ্রস্টব্যঃ এই মন্তব্য একান্তই আমার। বাংলাকৃকেট এই মন্তব্যের জন্য দায়ী নয়।
Old December 15, 2013, 05:40 PM
Banned

bhai , Imran Sharkar shomporke ekto khoj khobor koren, taholey bujhte parbem gono jagoron moncho keno bhua.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
bujhlam,kintu gonojagoron je bhua ei bepar e ki kono proman pawa gechey naki shob andaj kora, I mean it's clear that u know when gonojagoron started when something went wrong about Kader molla's trial, and I believe it was a game played by AL.
But what if Gonojagoron is a real thing? I understand that why other issues were not protested, but the truth is the other issues you mentioned don't really fall to the same level , I mean a whole nation is not going to protest for a Bishojit or Sagor-Runi or share market, but many people gathered for Rajakar er bichar because many people have lost their closed ones in 71 & those who haven't lost closed ones were also there.

The thing is if there is no evidence then I'm unwilling to call it bhua, or even if it's leaders are bhua we can not deny that many people actually came with true spirit.

shejonno jante chachilam kichu phash hoyeche kina
Old December 15, 2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketPagolChele
bhai , Imran Sharkar shomporke ekto khoj khobor koren, taholey bujhte parbem gono jagoron moncho keno bhua.
We all know who are Imran and Omi and where they belong to. So what?

They have sympathy towards BAL, so what?
You have to see what the cause they are fighting for, don't you?

The hundreds of thousand young adults join the Gonojagoron Moncho, are they all bhua? How? If somebody doesn't patronize your thoughts of school, doesn't mean they are bhua? Or, does it??
Old December 15, 2013, 09:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
We all know who are Imran and Omi and where they belong to. So what?

They have sympathy towards BAL, so what?
You have to see what the cause they are fighting for, don't you?

The hundreds of thousand young adults join the Gonojagoron Moncho, are they all bhua? How? If somebody doesn't patronize your thoughts of school, doesn't mean they are bhua? Or, does it??
Hundred and thousands were not the organizer of the Gonojagoron Moncho. Omi and Imran were at the center of the event. From what I know the organizers are the ones who went to talk show and what not to spread the message. IMO, they were the 'Gonojagoron Moncho', since they controlled what was being preached. I might be wrong but from what I remember 'Fashi' was not the only thing they were asking for, there was also demand to close down a specific bank, shutdown a newspaper and arrest some people who were speaking/spreading rumour against this event. If Justice was the only intention behind this movement, it should have stayed at that and not add additional messages that seems to favor the party the organizers happen to support. I don't know if you can use term 'bhua' to describe this event, but it certainly wasn't what a lot of people are thinking it was.