facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 15, 2006, 05:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Default The aussies gotta stop saying bad words all game to the players

the aussie players continously were swearing (saying bad words) to the players which did not do a world of good to the player's confidence. They really gotta cut out on it and i think that will boost Bangladesh's game up. Doesnt the game have any rules prohibiting swear?
Old April 15, 2006, 05:49 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I didn't see them swearing... Do you have proof?

Pakis swear more than anyone but I support them
Old April 15, 2006, 06:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Aus team swear the most. You probably didnt cath them doing so, becos Aus accent and dialect are ver differnet than any other English. Aussies are very racist people, to say the least in their own country.

Pakis are horrible in character. The most pakis are derailed in character anyway. Most disgusting team ever. However, they have very good talents cricket wise.
Old April 15, 2006, 06:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Wow theres so much love on this board.
Old April 15, 2006, 06:35 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

I feel like yanking this post.

Al I am going to say is that sledging is part of cricket. Sewaring is not. Since I have not seen the game, I don't know if they were swearing or sledging. Frankly, It's a good sign that we have forced the Aussies to sledge. If we can't take a few sledging in a game of cricket, we're going to have a lot of trouble staying competitive in this game. Let them sledge, we'll sledge back. Let's not get all emotional about this.
Old April 15, 2006, 06:38 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If you're gonna analyse racism in international players/countries then do so in the 'forget cricket' or 'international cricket' forum. I've seen Ricky Ponting utter something at Shahadat Hossein... and then Shahadat gave bouncer on his head.
Old April 15, 2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
If you're gonna analyse racism in international players/countries then do so in the 'forget cricket' or 'international cricket' forum. I've seen Ricky Ponting utter something at Shahadat Hossein... and then Shahadat gave bouncer on his head.
The bouncers were wayy cool. 3 in a row. Followed by the look ...priceless.

To the thread starter: welcome to the world of top level cricket. Sledging's been around for so long, you gotta take it and stop whining. At its worst form I remember we were practising at the nets in Abahani maath, and this team that was playing on the field were beating up the umpire. Lucky thing, we werent playing them
Old April 15, 2006, 08:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

lol... i missed the bouncers... would have liked to see that! With sledging comes swearing. As much as i hate it Tehsin is right... it is part of the game. When it against your team it hurts more i guess but wether u hear it and see it or not everyone does it... even the most innocent. And there are ways of hiding it from mic's and camera's etc.
Old April 15, 2006, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

I like the way our team talks on the field. No bad words or sledging, but a lotta chirping. So much that the aussie batsmen probably have this constant ringing in their ears.

On a funnier note, I did hear Masud tell Clarke "You know how to play spin and bounce?" and then Masud turns to Ashraful and laughs as if to say "Damn I can't sledge in English!"
Old April 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

who cares what Australia said. I saw the match and there were lots of stare, talking but didnt hear anything from the stump mic tho. Australia sledging/swearing means BD is playing great and our players (specially Shahadat) are not backing down. In fact Aleem Dar had step in few times. This is part of game. I'd like to see more tonite. BD shud do more gali in Bangla, then Australia will not understand what they are saying but will understand that it was 'gali'
Old April 15, 2006, 08:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

aosaif... they all do it... they may not be fluent in english but they all know how to sledge...
Old April 15, 2006, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

In top level cricket sledging is part and parcell of game that includes swearing. If you play in compitative game you would have know that it was even in lowest level. I remember in start youth cricket (a famous tournament for under 18/19 in Chittagong till early 90s) we sweared and sweared at. Some time it even goes to that extent that some time I feel that australians were just banter.