facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2003, 06:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Dave Whatmore fired

SL fired their most successful coach Dave Whatmore.
As BCB is looking for a long term foreign coach - will they think of offering him?

Old March 31, 2003, 07:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

We need at least two coach to succeed. For one of the coach I'll definately vote Sarwar Imran and we will have to make up our mind before we choose the main coach. We shouldn't do any kind of hurry in choosing as we did with Mohsin Kamal. BCB needs to think a lot before coming to a conclusion. As we have already heard abt the bad decission of BCB in choosing a team manager... So, we want no more rubbish next...
Old March 31, 2003, 08:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Whatmore is a good idea.

What? More coaching?

*sorry*

Whatmore is a really good coach. I think SL did a stupid thing by letting him go. We should take this opportunity and get a good top-level coach before anyone else gets him (I suspect SL may re-hire him in a couple of years). But first let's see how Imran does.
Old March 31, 2003, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Default SHOBAI MANAGER NIYE ATO LAFACCHE KENO?

I just don't get it. Why does a manager need to be a cricketer? Firstly, for domestic series', managers aren't even that important! Its during tours that managers are supposed to enforce rules and stuff like that. England and Australia have had non-cricketing managers. Why can't we have one? He doesn't need to be a Test Cricketer to make sure that players are in their room by 10 pm and schedule practice times and stuff like that. A manager isn't a cricketing position, I think a military person will do just fine. You don't need a cricketer to manage a series just like you dont need a doctor to run a hospital.
Old March 31, 2003, 11:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well Sham I think in a way you are rite that no poin for lafalafi for the team manager...

After the point that was brought up by Sham I think that an Army man will be better than anyone in respect of discipline and rules. So, He'll be able to managae the team pretty well with the help of the coach and team members.
Old April 1, 2003, 02:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

What-more do we need when he has been sacked by SL. lets see how sarwar imran does for a few months, if he does not do well then we can have what-more to coach us. he is an aussie coach.
Old April 1, 2003, 07:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Lets Dave WhatMore and Sarwar Imran be our coah. We need two coahces to do well. Well I dunno in what field Dave is specialized?? You guys have any idea?? We need a bowling coach and a batting coach as said by some one I think it was fahmida. Anywayz two specialized coaches can really help us grow.