facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 2, 2007, 09:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Player of the match Imran Nazir (Pakistan)

whyyy whyyy whyyy?? how come hes the man of the match?? for his 49 of 29 balls??? thats not nice....

Old September 2, 2007, 09:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

it doesnt make sense at all
I thought Nazim would get the honor
Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc

whyyy whyyy whyyy?? how come hes the man of the match?? for his 49 of 29 balls??? thats not nice....
Old September 2, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
May be u are right, Pak is as new as BD in 20/20 cricket.

Unfortunately you picked two teams to win against, who has the maximum experience of 20/20 cricket. Have regular 20/20 domestic tournaments.
But everytime Nazim valo korte parbena, azke eto valo korlo ar anara kicho kote parlona, that made me sad
Old September 2, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

yes,it should had been naz but those stupids chose a plyer who didnt desrve it ,hah looks like bd is after all a sore loser in every type of sports known to man.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

We should be satisfied with today's performances. Why Mahmudullah did not bowl ? Another blunder was to choose fielding against the mighty batting side like Pak. Farhad should have batted ahead of Mashrafee ( His strike rate much higher than Mash). In 20/20 you have to hit 4's & 6's ------ so you need a WK like Sagir or Dhiman. I would like to see Sakib ( If fit ) and Junayed in the next match in place of Mahmudullah and Tamim.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Bro, I know that you are angry and so am I. It is extermely frusterating to see a team lose so often but it will get better. 10 years ago, we were an associate member. Now we can actually compete with teams like India, South Africa and SriLanka in ODI's. Test is a different story. But bro just be patient. We found another solid player inshallah in Nazimuddin. In 5-10 years, we will be a team that wins matches regularly but for now just enjoy watching the matches without having big expectations.
I too have some high expectations but it never came true and i think even after 10 years we will still be the same because of these brainless players.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
In the shorter forms of the game , they have improved. Rasel and Razzak are class acts. Aftab, Ashraful can be deadly in ODI situations. Nazim appears to be good. Where was he all this time ?
Due to dirty club politics by Faruk & gang !!
Old September 2, 2007, 09:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

This is such a poor judgement. Nazim is by far the man of the match here. Afridi is the secord man to be man of the match as he blasted a quick 32 and 2 wickets which changed the course of the match..
Old September 2, 2007, 09:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

How on God's earth he became player of the match? Can some one give me some rationale, please???
Old September 2, 2007, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia

How on God's earth he became player of the match? Can some one give me some rationale, please???
hmm.. i think its because pak won the match and they only chose a player from the winning side.
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia

We gave, he took.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Let's face it, how many of you honestly expected us to win this match at the beginning? Save Nazim's heroics, there wasn't an awful lot of useful contribution from any batsmen other than Alok. If Tamim, Ash and Aftab added 30-40 quick runs between them, then we had a great chance of winning. The match has its positives and negatives. Razzak and Rasel bowled tremendously well. Mash was just terrible all around, and Farhad picked up two wickets but at a price too high. Batting, well it's obvious Nazim is a very promising player, but it was essentially a one man show and that has to change. We also dropped a few catches, from what I've read. So that's something that needs to be worked on. The match should have indicate where our faults lie, hopefully they can be addressed in time.
Old September 2, 2007, 09:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
hmm.. i think its because pak won the match and they only chose a player from the winning side.
If its from a winning side then why not Afridi who has the best bowling figure and a quickfire 32 which was crucial for adding some extra runs in the end!
Old September 2, 2007, 09:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Let's face it, how many of you honestly expected us to win this match at the beginning? Save Nazim's heroics, there wasn't an awful lot of useful contribution from any batsmen other than Alok. If Tamim, Ash and Aftab added 30-40 quick runs between them, then we had a great chance of winning. The match has its positives and negatives. Razzak and Rasel bowled tremendously well. Mash was just terrible all around, and Farhad picked up two wickets but at a price too high. Batting, well it's obvious Nazim is a very promising player, but it was essentially a one man show and that has to change. We also dropped a few catches, from what I've read. So that's something that needs to be worked on. The match should have indicate where our faults lie, hopefully they can be addressed in time.
Spot on from the real and only HB ...

The AAA battery is the key to our success.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 2, 2007, 09:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

There is good chance that Mash is suffering some form of injury which he is hiding. Whenever he played crap, it was the injury to blame for. We all know him as fighter, not a crippled pussy as he was today!
Old September 2, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

if i blame the loss, i blame it on a few of our top order and lower order batsmen who failed to occupy the crease for a decent period of time and help Nazimuddin.

but it was a good loss. let's take something from this game and move on from here.

anybody reaalize this is our 1st ever intertation T20 loss. don't feel bad. if they lost performing horrible, i would have have not been happy(neither of us would) but come on keep it up and build on your batting weaknesses...
Old September 2, 2007, 09:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

how about use kapali as a bowler in the next matches eh? and rotate with Reza Mahmudullah and Ashraful so no "expensive" bowlers gets 4 overs! but good wicket takers gets their chances.
Old September 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
One thing that this match has taught us is that Mahmudullah must never play a Twenty20 match again! He is suited for Tests.
This guy is probably just another bits and pieces player who is not good enough for any format of international cricket.
Old September 2, 2007, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I have been watching Mash over the years, he is a fiesty player. remember he saved Bangladesh from a follow on against India this year. I watched him play well so often. I think he he is hiding an injury, something is wrong.

Hopefully, they will win against Uganda, but Pakistan wins this series.
In south Africa Bangaldesh should beat Scotland and then kenya in their warm up matches.
We have seen them making 160 runs in 20 overs without Mash, Tamim, Ash and Aftab
contributing. If they can contribute well, there is nothing stopping them from making at least 180 runs in a match. Ash should have batted first. Bad mistake, but Bangladesh feels a jinx when they bat First.
Old September 2, 2007, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
pak is not new in 20/20 cricket.. they had lot of domestic comptetions for last 2 yrs..
We also had corporate cricket league in 20-20 format.
Old September 2, 2007, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Yes, Pakistan is not new to 20/20 matches, but Bangladesh is. They should play a bit more in domestic cricket, but in the coming season, with the New Zealand tour coming up, they have to concentrate more on 4 day matches to get their batsmen mentally prepared to stay longer at the crease, or else it will be the same debacle we witnessed in Sri Lanka where the only bright spot was Ash making another Test century.
Old September 2, 2007, 10:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I don't mind this loss. We gave them a fight. But we could have done better if our key batsmen would have scored. Bowling needs to be tighter. Ash should try to rotate bowlers, he could have used Mahmudullah and even Kapali. Probably we are missing Sakib's bowling.
Old September 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

i went to bed at 2 and game stats at 5 so i thought should get some sleep b4 the game starts. and i couldnt get up, never again b4 the game stats. but now i at 8. i c that bangladesh. ummm upset? no. i c few good things tho we scored 100 on 10.3 overs and they did in 11. nazimuddin playerd a ood innings. upset abou ash and tamim. and aftab. i knew he wouldnt do well so not upset about him. i think tamim should b out lik at least on the next 2 matches. he needs a brake b4 things gets worse. but stupid ash how he balls gets 2 balll and kapali doesnt and others doesnt. thats the only thing makes me mad.
Old September 2, 2007, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I went to bed at 4:37 am. Could not really keep my self up. Anyways my hope was that we beat Pakistan. Upto 10 overs it was like that. I think my dreams were shattered by some unexpectable batting display. Its better that we do not have video streams for those matches or you know....(i hate cursing)
Old September 2, 2007, 12:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Abdur Razzak

just outta curiosity where is Sakib Al Hasan.... isnt he in the team or something.... I mean if u look at our bowling figure... our spinners and slow bowlers like Razzak, Syed, and Ashraful did well than Mortaza... So i think we should bring up Sakib and let him bowl... In 20/20 we need Slow bowlers and Spinners...