facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 16, 2010, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Default On Bullshit Tours

India in South Africa have once again shown why you need a number of first class games before a Test match, to get used to the local conditions.

We're going to see India lose their precious number one ranking because they couldnt be bothered to get there early and put the work in - and it's the BCCI, so it's 'couldnt be bothered' rather than 'not allowed to'.

Old December 16, 2010, 03:56 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
India in South Africa have once again shown why you need a number of first class games before a Test match, to get used to the local conditions.

We're going to see India lose their precious number one ranking because they couldnt be bothered to get there early and put the work in - and it's the BCCI, so it's 'couldnt be bothered' rather than 'not allowed to'.
Why can't I feel sorry for our neighbors?
Old December 16, 2010, 04:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Its a reminder for Bangladesh to play as many FC games as possible in overseas tours
Old December 16, 2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Why can't I feel sorry for our neighbors?
Coz u don't have to. Glad to see shebug got a duck.

When is India's next tour to England. They should play England rite now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Last edited by firstlane; December 16, 2010 at 04:32 PM..
Old December 16, 2010, 04:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Its a reminder for Bangladesh to play as many FC games as possible in overseas tours
Agreed. overseas or at home. Must play at least 3-4 FC match within the last 6-8 weeks leading up to a first test match.
Old December 16, 2010, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Didn't India send key players to SA and have them skip the NZ series for the purposes of get adjusted to SA?

The true BS is the bi lateral series concept in general.
Old December 16, 2010, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

First of all, I don't know why this thread is in Bangladesh section and 2nd of all who cares about India. If we try to relate what not to do before the beginning of series then one could argue that Bangladesh can from this and should always plan for few practice matches before any away series. But then again, I think Bangladesh, most of the time, try to go at least 7-10 days prior to any test match they play overseas, especially outside the sub-continent. But still, our players are not yet good enough to negotiate the quality of the opposition to avoid defeats. It's one thing to acclimatize and another thing to face Styn and co. So why bother talk sh*t about India in Bangladesh section unless Bangladesh team is better than them.
Old December 16, 2010, 05:33 PM
Cricket Sage

^I think Ian opened the thread in Bangla cricket section by mistake. But you are missing the point. He is not talking anything about Bangladesh being better than India or India being better than Bangladesh. He didn't even mention Bangladesh in his opening post. He is just highlighting the importance of practice matches in new condition before playing the real series.
Old December 16, 2010, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

subcontinent batsmen sucks in pacy bouncy track

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old December 17, 2010, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Indian players look both mentally and physically tired. They avoided playing practice matches intentionally to cover up with this tiredness. The way they are playing the first test so far, they may break down even more hampering their preparation for the world cup.
Old December 17, 2010, 12:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

they play too much crckt
Old December 17, 2010, 06:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
"We are playing on a wet wicket where the ball is seaming or nipping. A warm-up game would have been on a perfect cricketing wicket. You can't complain about wickets, but we need to make sure we come back into the game."
- Harbhajan................ ............

Why are you guys feeling so for these guys? They went to SA like 8 months early and couldn't manage FC matches. And why are you guys so shocked by this? This was bound to happen, when a team plays on flat pitch all year long vs the Sri Lanakan spinners and gets put in front of uncaged and hungry fast bowlers who bowls @ 150k. Take a look at Gambhir. This is the same guy who scored like 3 back to back 100 vs the NZ couple of weeks ago, who peed his pants on day 1. Look at Sehwag, who plays that shot he got out on, every time he bats. He got out with that shot on Day 1. It's not a flat land

This series should prove India is not number one team. India has number one batting line up, with Tendulkar, Laxman and Dravid still in the side. Their bowling and fielding is no where near close to number 1. And as a result they are not true number one team. But if this ranking makes them happy, so let them be happy. But if the Indians really want a number one side to represent their country, then they shouldn't be happy with this so called number one team.
Old December 17, 2010, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Not to mention how India will never have a decent fast bowler, who can bowl over 145 k consistently if they don't support their bowlers.
Old December 20, 2010, 12:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

good display by India in 2nd innings
Old December 26, 2010, 10:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
[

This series should prove India is not number one team. India has number one batting line up, with Tendulkar, Laxman and Dravid still in the side. Their bowling and fielding is no where near close to number 1. And as a result they are not true number one team. But if this ranking makes them happy, so let them be happy. But if the Indians really want a number one side to represent their country, then they shouldn't be happy with this so called number one team.
well the rankings put them at no.1 so thats fine. what is perhaps ridiculous is how its hyped up on every match thread and every cricinfo preview. but then again, if we were no.1 we'd do the same thing. so would any team thats not white i guess.

but its true that there is no clear cut "best team" out there. england, SA, India all look good on their day and can also look shabby. all of them have lost by an innings in very recent memory, whereas Bangladesh has managed fewer innings defeats than those guys. difference is, they've also won plenty of games.

gone are the days when one single team ruled test cricket. there is a level playing field now. aussies suck, although they will still win games against the top sides and even thrash them from time to time. england, SA, India will all thrash and get thrashed by one another highlighting their essential stalemate at the top of the rankings.

perfect time for Bangladesh to start rising. India will be weaker with their big batting guns gone...Zaheer will wane in a few years time. SL are already murali and vaas less. NZ and WI are probably not any better than we are (bilateral series will tell the difference). that leaves the following split.

SA/IND/ENG - top teams

PAK/AUS/SL - mediocre sides

BD/WI/NZ - relative minnows

ZIM - super minnows who should perhaps be joined by IRE and AFG

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 27, 2010, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
^I think Ian opened the thread in Bangla cricket section by mistake. But you are missing the point. He is not talking anything about Bangladesh being better than India or India being better than Bangladesh. He didn't even mention Bangladesh in his opening post. He is just highlighting the importance of practice matches in new condition before playing the real series.
Oh, it was quite deliberate, and it belongs in the main section, because Bangladesh agree to far too many tours without practice in local conditions - look at the last NZ tour, for example.
Old January 5, 2011, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Didn't India send key players to SA and have them skip the NZ series for the purposes of get adjusted to SA?

The true BS is the bi lateral series concept in general.
Yes they did. The key players were dropped from the NZ series to allow them to SA conditions. but they were in nets only. There is no alternative to Match practice.
Old January 15, 2011, 09:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Whatever, the tests were well fought and Dhoni should be quiet happy with the results.