facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Tough crowd in here. I thought the coverage was decent - it will improve as the tournament goes on, and subsequent editions of this tournament. Hopefully the local Channel 9 crew + other channels will learn a few things from the international techies.

Think positive people, and this is coming from someone who is an eternal pessimist.

Old February 11, 2012, 01:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues

The owner of this channel is Enayet Bappi.. who started and later quit NTV
He owns a minority stake.

The channel belongs to Syed Shafayetul Islam - brother of AL Gen Sec Syed Ashraf and son of Syed Nazrul Islam( he of independence era fame)
Old February 11, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Cut some slack Dillu, it was really of international standard, far better than Neo who covers ours and India's international matches at home. The best part was the graphic designs and scorecard layouts, the color combinations in the scorecard and it's layout looked brilliant, I liked how they summed up everything nicely in the scorecard at the bottom of the screen with two layers. The camera work was pretty good too and nowhere did I find anything yellow or dark. Stop whining like a cry baby just because a Bangladeshi channel broadcasted it and you have to find something wrong for the sake of it, give credit where it is due.
Old February 11, 2012, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Well said Razi. I was quite impressed at the quality, particularly the camera work.
Old February 11, 2012, 02:45 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Funny (or unfunny) how I disliked the scoreboard graphics the most. It's way too busy. I watch cricket on Skysports/Ch 9 (real Ch9 Aus) all the time and compared to their tidy boards, it was very 'habit-jabi.' I NEVER watch cricket on any of the Indian ch, because they are shitty. So if you are comparing it to those ch, then we are on 2 different planes.

You guys always make me sound like this "harsh dude," but it's not like that at all. It is what it is. I've no problem appreciating good things, IF they are indeed good.
Old February 11, 2012, 02:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
You guys always make me sound like this "harsh dude," but it's not like that at all. It is what it is. I've no problem appreciating good things, IF they are indeed good.
It's about expectation management. You can't realistically hope to go from nothing to everything in one shot. There's gotta be something in between.
Old February 11, 2012, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I'm watching BPL for the first time and I must say broadcast is pretty good. But from the onset the whole thing gives you the impression of an Indian byproduct. From the commentators to the irritating host......
As far as judging the quality, we shouldn't be comparing it with world's best as yet since it's a start up. But can't blame Dilscoop here as we are often plagued by this tendency of comparing Bangladesh, a third world country, with the first world as we find ourselves either living there or surrounded by their products.
Old February 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i am sure they have got help from espn/star cricket. the cameramen surely are't channel 9's cameramen. overall, decent job
Old February 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Well said Razi. I was quite impressed at the quality, particularly the camera work.
Camera work was no different than Nimbus' work during our internationals. Right up there with Sky's quality of work for England home games. Commentary panel is also no worse than Nimbus. Overall, very good job.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 11, 2012, 11:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I thought today's was bit better than yesterday. Just dont like the massive "Channel 9" on the right.
Old February 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

The scorecard got messed up a few times though. Camerawork is fine - nothing to complain about there.
Old February 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Satisfied so far !
Old February 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I never expected them to this good. But this is just an example. It's clean and tidy, easy to the eyes.
Old February 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^2 takar camera nia mia tumi sony cannon picture quality chao...ja paiteso tate sontusto thako
Old February 12, 2012, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

sky sports quality is the best in the world. Anyways channel 9 are not doing bad
Old February 13, 2012, 07:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

I never expected them to this good. But this is just an example. It's clean and tidy, easy to the eyes.
0K you cant compare deshi channel 9 against the original channel 9 broadcast...The original channel 9 use the best cameras around the globe... they use hot spot, hawk eye, snikko, spider cam etc technology... also they are broadcasting these for last 26 years and every years they are improving and bringing new things. this is cn 9's first year. please give them some time and appreciate their hard work.
Old February 13, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Tough crowd in here. I thought the coverage was decent - it will improve as the tournament goes on, and subsequent editions of this tournament. Hopefully the local Channel 9 crew + other channels will learn a few things from the international techies.

Think positive people, and this is coming from someone who is an eternal pessimist.
Some peeps are never satisfied, does not matter how hard you try. Better leave them alone whining at everything- they find it 'cool' (!?) !
Old February 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ignore dilu guys, he is a pessimist!
Old February 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Channel 9's been doing all right from what I can tell. They should try and improve with each successive season, but this has been a great start.
Old February 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
0K you cant compare deshi channel 9 against the original channel 9 broadcast...The original channel 9 use the best cameras around the globe... they use hot spot, hawk eye, snikko, spider cam etc technology... also they are broadcasting these for last 26 years and every years they are improving and bringing new things. this is cn 9's first year. please give them some time and appreciate their hard work.
Clearly you just saw the pic and thought I was comparing the best in the world with a noob. But if you actually read what it says underneath the picture, then you will realize I wasn't comparing. Nor did I expected them to be this HQ. I used it as an example, instead of another shity one like IPL, like many of you guys are.
Old February 16, 2012, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

People, it's Talking Pictures who is pproducing it for channel nine and ESPNSTAR bought the rights from channel9. No one in Bangladesh can do a match pproduction yet, we have the technology but we don't have the trained manpower to do so. here is the link http://netindian.in/news/2012/02/13/...er-league-2012 I searched for talking pictures but got found only one link.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ