facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 28, 2013, 04:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Make me an all powerful government, give me a bunch of nationalistic and idealistic, out of work, recently graduated arts student, make me morally bankrupt and I will give you a shahbagh like movement every weekend at wholesale price.

Einstein once famously said: "Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."

A true patriot fights against:

Status Quo
The establishment
Corruption
Inefficiency
A government that feels it is not accountable

In shahbag we have this "movement" that is not only agreeable to the status quo, it is supported by and protected by the government. If anything, its a massive jingoistic bukkake-fest. Just listening to the buzz-words used by media to describe shabagh I feel that George Orwell must be rolling in his grave.

And no kiddo, its not the place for the general public to demand what type of punishment any individual or anyone, no matter how big of a criminal, or how big his crime is, gets. Thats the job of the judiciary system. The job of the people is to make sure that judiciary system applies its laws equally and fairly, no matter who that person is and according to the law. So when and if in the future you are on the chopping block of the justice system, and there is no shabagh movement to save your *ss; you don't have to worry about the justice system screwing sh*t up and it applies the law equally and fairly to everyone, no matter what that person did.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.
Excellent post bhai... .

Old March 28, 2013, 04:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
The ICT needs much better investigators and prosecutors. The current bunch is dangerously mediocre when compared to the defense team. This is a critical issue that needs to be addressed right away. If not, we're likely to see more acquittals due to poor preparation and prosecution.
They are chosen by the government as they will be much more submissive and listen to govt dictations, than more experienced and qualified people. So you can clearly see the intent, of playing with verdicts. If they meant justice to all, they would have chosen qualified judges. But no, they also need to save some whom they like and needs to destroy whom they don't like. That's why they need a domesticated panel of judges.

I have no doubt that the war criminals needs to be punished, but I'm 100% confident that BAL isn't doing it honestly, they are only doing politics with the issue.
Old March 28, 2013, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

So now to enforce strikes, our over zealous politicians entered school premise and beat up children along with his cadres.....

How low can our politicians and political party get...

Strikers attack school, injure children
Lalmonirhat Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2013-03-28 12:54:51.0 Updated: 2013-03-28 12:54:54.0

At least 12 people including children were injured as pro-shutdown activists attacked Khuniagach Government Primary School in Lalmonirhat Sadar at around 10am on Thursday.

The 18-Party alliance which the BNP heads is enforcing the nationwide general strike for 36 hours ending at 6pm.

A procession led by BNP Khuniagach unit President Aminul Islam entered the school and beat up its Principal Abdul Hai Lebu, assistant teachers Mosharraf Hossain, Sabina Yasmin and Naznin Akhtar along with some of the students, the teachers of the school said.

Fifth grade students Jemy Akhtar and Jui Akhtar; third grade students Akhi Moni, ‘Sujon’ and Ariful Islam and second grade student ‘Mithul’ were injured by the attackers.

They received first aid.

MORE
Old April 1, 2013, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
@ShahbagInfo: URGENT: http://t.co/eVbBpp1obD is BANNED in Bangladesh after they denounced govt's decision to ban some bloggers for '#BLASPHEMY'. #Shahbag
https://twitter.com/shahbaginfo/stat...62990977568768
Old April 1, 2013, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
but I thought they were sponsored by, fed biriyanis by, protected by, blessed by etc etc... the Government no?
Old April 1, 2013, 05:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
but I thought they were sponsored by, fed biriyanis by, protected by, blessed by etc etc... the Government no?
What's the relation between feeding Biryani and Protectng their vote by blocking a site... You come up with points like we are all children... I didn't make any comment before, but you just made me do, still a short one...// You don't understand politics or you think we don't?
Old April 1, 2013, 07:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Old April 1, 2013, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Old April 1, 2013, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Editorial: prothom alo
Old April 1, 2013, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Oh, tht boy in the right i guess couldn't imagine whats coming from the back within a split of second..
Old April 1, 2013, 11:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Either you are acting naive, or you really are this naive.

Like it or not overzealous religious sentiment still rule the minds of the people of bangladesh. Amarblog at one point or another, extensively used, by whichever party to instigate religious tension. It's adding fuel to the fire in current situation. If the BD government can ban Youtube over some stupid video posted by someone from another country, that may or maynot have hurt religious sentiment; this seems like a very trivial thing to do.

As a matter of fact, I am surprised they have not done it sooner.
Old April 2, 2013, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:

Like it or not overzealous religious sentiment still rule the minds of the people of bangladesh. Amarblog at one point or another, extensively used, by whichever party to instigate religious tension. It's adding fuel to the fire in current situation. If the BD government can ban Youtube over some stupid video posted by someone from another country, that may or maynot have hurt religious sentiment; this seems like a very trivial thing to do.

I wish there was a easy way to change this kind of psyche of "overzealous religious sentiment" in our people. Govt excesses as always make things worse.
Old April 2, 2013, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Not being naive but just asking a simple question...
I thought you were of the sentiment that Shahbag bloggers are being sponsored by the government... So why would government ban the people they are sponsoring in the first place.... :s
Old April 2, 2013, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Not being naive but just asking a simple question... I thought you were of the sentiment that Shahbag bloggers are being sponsored by the government... So why would government ban the people they are sponsoring in the first place.... :s
Because the discourse has changed. There are now two distinctive streams there and unfortunately they have successfully hijacked the narrative into one of anti-Islam rhetoric and the government appears to be running scared. Their inabilty to protect the minorities and the now arrest of the three bloggers for 'hurting the religious' sentiments are signs that the AL is no longer in control. 

The religious bigots and their lap dogs seem to be gaining supremacy. There are dark days ahead for the country.

Last edited by Zunaid; April 2, 2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old April 2, 2013, 09:14 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Government is trying to please Hefajat by arresting these three bloggers. They are shifting goal posts to gain political advantages.
Old April 2, 2013, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Government is trying to please Hefajat by arresting these three bloggers. They are shifting goal posts to gain political advantages.
The only winner here are the Jamaati bigots.
Old April 2, 2013, 09:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

What is this new Hefajat movement? Are they affiliated with Jamat/Shibir?
Old April 2, 2013, 10:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Not being naive but just asking a simple question...
I thought you were of the sentiment that Shahbag bloggers are being sponsored by the government... So why would government ban the people they are sponsoring in the first place.... :s
Don't put words in my mouth.

Feel free to quote me where I said "Shahbag bloggers are being sponsored by the government". As a matter of fact I never said anything about government directly "sponsoring anything related to shahbagh movement".

What I repeatedly said is that Shahbagh movement was instigated by the government. Which means that government used a popular sentiment, "punishment of rajakars", and turned it in to a popular movement by fueling the nationalistic sentiment by using propaganda.

Its futile to argue with you on this if you are not in bangladesh, and more importantly, if you have no idea how dirty politics works.

For the last one year or so the AL government is using all forms of media (and yes the government has a monopoly in this) to rile up the people about rajakars and the war.

Shahbagh movement is a cumulation of this nationalistic sentiment.

To understand what I mean, you might wanna read some book. Like:

George Orwell's:

Animal Farm
Nineteen Eighty-Four

Noam Chomsky's:

Manufacturing Consent
Propaganda and the Public Mind

There are two force currently working in bangladesh. The nationalistic force and the religious force, both equally powerful and they are playing a game of dirty chess with the general public. The sooner people (including yourself) understands whats going on, the better it is for everyone.
Old April 2, 2013, 10:54 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
The only winner here are the Jamaati bigots.
This is how they have won since 1971. They know their cards very well.
Old April 2, 2013, 02:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I've been back in BD for about...8 months now and the common thread in most of the socio-political disasters that have occurred since then has been the Government's inability to cope with the internet and its discontents. Starting with the first long-term ban of YouTube after the "Innocence of Muslims", the offensive Facebook meme-turned-religious riot, the ICT's Skype-gate, the hacking of sensitive information from Ministry websites, another meme displaying Sayadee's face on the moon leading to another riot, the Basherkella FB page, the murder of a blogger, the arrest of bloggers on spurious grounds etc., the government has blundered in dealing with cyber issues time and again.

Even now, with the establishment of a cyber crimes tribunal, I'm wary of how effective it will be without the tribunal judges having proper training or expertise in this area. We desperately need to call in some consultants...
Old April 2, 2013, 02:51 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
The ICT needs much better investigators and prosecutors. The current bunch is dangerously mediocre when compared to the defense team. This is a critical issue that needs to be addressed right away. If not, we're likely to see more acquittals due to poor preparation and prosecution.
Along with many other things, these trials are an opportunity for lawyers, on both sides, irrespective of their qualifications and expertise, to make a name for themselves.

It is certainly true of people like Toby Cadman, one of Jamaat's foreign counsel, who has openly admitted it himself as well as the domestic defense team, where some of the senior counsel must be dreaming of becoming Law Minister/State Minister for Law/Attorney General one day when the BNP-Jamaat nexus is in power.

The same can be said about AL lawyers, who are calling in favors and tapping old filial and geographical connections, so as to secure prosecution or tribunal positions.
Old April 2, 2013, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

And Bangladesh is now on a slippery slope of appeasing these Islamic fundamentalists. That will always lead to great outcomes, right? /sarcasm

May as well stop Hindus/Christians propagating their faith, lest it hurts the fragile imaan of these mullahs.
Old April 2, 2013, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

What has the Bangladesh government achieved from these arrests? Who are they trying to please? Perhaps they should round up all the radical Mullahs that make derogatory remarks about other religions every Friday prayer? What about the arrests of the Jamat shibir terrorists that have attacked Hindu people and their temples? I am afraid to say that the religious bigots have won and Bangladesh is very much on the path to become Afghanistan 2.0
Old April 2, 2013, 07:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Tuesday, April 02, 2013
Perfect plot; time to play it ‘right’

Unscrupulous online activists of Jamaat-Shibir opened fake blog page of Shahbagh youths, filled it with contents insulting Islam

Staff Correspondent

In a ploy to label a Shahbagh blogger as “yet another atheist”, pro-Jamaat-Shibir online activists have created a fake blog page of Arif Jebtik and filled it with articles demeaning Islam and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

The blog registered with wordpress.com contains six atheistic posts and insulting cartoons. Five of them have been posed to be posted simultaneously on July 4, 2011 and one on September 1, 2010.However, a click on the picture links of these posts show that they were posted in February this year.

Arif has been writing in socio-political blogs www.sachalayatan.com, amarblog.com, and in somewhereinblog.net for more than four years. These blogs open to public have no contents offensive to religion.

Seeing the fake blog, Arif on March 20 published a post in his facebook page: “They have planned to kill me, as they have created a blog in wordpress.com and posted atheistic write-ups on back dates demeaning Islam and Muhammad (pbuh).

“Jamaat-Shibir will circulate and promote this blog in the social media introducing me as an atheist even before my blood stains the footpath after they have slaughtered me,” read Arif’s post.

A technical analysis by another blogger, however, reveals that the fake wordpress blog under Arif’s name [http://jebtikarif.wordpress.com] was created on February 22 at 23:43:23pm, just seven days after the killing of blogger Ahmed Rajib Haider. Rest of the posts were uploaded in the next 40 minutes, shows the sitemap of the blog account.But the creator of the blog could not modify the upload time of the photos or the cartoons. By default the photos were saved in the folder of the actual month when the photos had been uploaded, which is February.

Arif in his facebook post said he had never written or uploaded those posts. He, in fact, does not have any blog on wordpress.com.Referring to the editor of a pro-Jamaat-Shibir newspaper, Arif said he [the editor] would publish the screenshot of the fake blog on the first page of his newspaper to prove that he [Arif] was an atheist.

“They are trying to eliminate us by treating us as their political opponents. As part of the plan they had been filing cases against us showing these pages,” said Arif, adding, “I have reported the matter to Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC), but to no avail.
Full report
Old April 2, 2013, 10:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
What has the Bangladesh government achieved from these arrests? Who are they trying to please? Perhaps they should round up all the radical Mullahs that make derogatory remarks about other religions every Friday prayer? What about the arrests of the Jamat shibir terrorists that have attacked Hindu people and their temples? I am afraid to say that the religious bigots have won and Bangladesh is very much on the path to become Afghanistan 2.0
Who are they trying to please ? ----- Whoever can help them or fund them to get back in the power again. Shahbag protest benefited govt. hugely and they saw a path for popularity and a way of political gain in near future. But, prolonged non-violence protest is a threat for any Govt. and eventually they realized sponsoring rightful youth may end up causing harm in long term. ( If shahbag protest end up successful, eventually it will be repeated in the near future for any wrongful govt. actions). Instead prorating radical image of "Atheist Card" will do the trick in short term. Unfortunately, rather than step forwards they jumped backward.

We provided ideal environment to Jamat for so many years and let them grow by using religious image. Even if Govt. had full hearts to destroy Jamat, its have to be done in a long process. But, why should they ? If the goal is Power, why not use what is available right now. If they can portrait themselves as against "Anti Islamic sentiment" they may end up gaining more popular vote than Successful Shahbag movement.

Taking steps that could slowly kills Jamat from roots may be not as useful as playing the Atheist game as of now.. They knows Our choice is limited right now, if both sides of coin are same, one may rise hope to gain political support and other may end up creating govt. with them..They just care about their Power.. that's all...