facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 30, 2005, 12:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Is Chacha retiring?

does anyone have any info on this?

Old June 30, 2005, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

He should, since it's a good time for him to retire with honor. He had a fairly good farewell match, 22 runs from 22 balls, 1 wicket, 1 catch
Old June 30, 2005, 12:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
He should, since it's a good time for him to retire with honor. He had a fairly good farewell match, 22 runs from 22 balls, 1 wicket, 1 catch
and one terrible misfield...I thought I heard the commentators say that he got hit for a six (by Symonds) off the last ball of his career.
Old June 30, 2005, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Chacha please take your vatija bat/ball and retire with fame, while it lasts!
Old June 30, 2005, 01:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I am one of the biggest fan of chacha... But i think if he doesn't retire after today i will revoke his pleyer's lience......

Please do the right thing and retire (you have no fame left)
Old June 30, 2005, 01:21 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
I am one of the biggest fan of chacha... But i think if he doesn't retire after today i will revoke his pleyer's lience......
Me, too (that one of his biggest fans). Only I wouldn't be as harsh on him as you are

I would tell him: Good match - both with the bat and the ball - when was the last time he was this good, especially against Australia? So, it is upto you to keep your promise.
Old June 30, 2005, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

If he doesn't, then force him to retire. Don't pick him in any preliminary squads and he should get the message. However, his bowling was decent today. Botham said it can't get any worse than his last game when he had a duck and 3-39 figure. When he scored his first run, he said, its already better than the last game. His fielding is another matter. Actually all the old guys are awful fielders. They are slow . rafiq, shumon, shujon..all bad fielders.
Old June 30, 2005, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

He cannot make the best 11!!

If he does not retire after England tour, he should be dropped!
Old June 30, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

How can one be a fan of Shujon is beyond me! But, everybody is entitled to their own likings. What do you Shujon fans like him for? batting, bowling, fielding, captaincy?? what is it?
Old June 30, 2005, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Beamer
How can one be a fan of Shujon is beyond me! But, everybody is entitled to their own likings. What do you Shujon fans like him for? batting, bowling, fielding, captaincy?? what is it?
People like Shujon because he's a "fighting cricketer" :P
Old June 30, 2005, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Still he had a horribile ending. On his Last Ball(49.6) he was out and on his last bowling ball he got with a 6. And then the he misfielded whent he ball went though his legs for three runs
Old June 30, 2005, 03:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Chacha, apon pran bacha!
Old June 30, 2005, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Beamer
+1

Good riddance, I'd say.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Why I like ChaCha?

Physically Handicapped, technically challenged, our all round figure ChaCha give it all when he plays. Also in key moments he gets the key breaks. He always fights hard for his position in the team fighting against younger, more talented players. And some how he manage to survive (most of the time). He is the "Rudy" of Bangladesh Cricket. An prototype player who can grab normal people's love, affection, support and in some cases sympathy.

Actually there is more to cricket than the mere bat and ball, hight, talent, etc. And that is the mental ascpect, the fighting spirit, the 'never say never' attitute of the under dog.

having said that, I hope ChaCha retire this time with his head high.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal

Actually there is more to cricket than the mere bat and ball, hight, talent, etc. And that is the mental ascpect, the fighting spirit, the 'never say never' attitute of the under dog.

Thats where others lack. Its a high time for him to say good bye to int. cricket. He was a fighter indeed and transformed his attitude in many others like masrii.. aftab...
Old June 30, 2005, 04:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Bogus...had one good game in intl's against pakistan. oita bhaija dosh bochor khailo. Enough of him. I think, Pilot is the best example of fighting spirit in our team, who unlike chacha, repeats his feats more regularly...
Old June 30, 2005, 04:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Even in this game, he may not be the shinning star, but he did better than most of his team-mates: Some of them are Javed, Tushar, Aftab, Ashraful, tapash and as par as (or sligtly below) Bashar, Rafique and Mashrafee.
Old June 30, 2005, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

chacha was a useful cricketer before, but not anymore.
but he definitely has a better cricket brain than bashar. is it possible to transplant his brain into bashar while retiring. mind you, it would need a major operation, to pass anything inside bashar's head.
Old June 30, 2005, 04:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
chacha was a useful cricketer before, but not anymore.
but he definitely has a better cricket brain than bashar. is it possible to transplant his brain into bashar while retiring. mind you, it would need a major operation, to pass anything inside bashar's head.
Yea may be it is possible,,, but at least you have go for this otherwise how could you know that this is possible or not... If we are failed then we will loss at best our present and old captain and I don't mind if it would happen
Old June 30, 2005, 05:01 PM
Club Cricketer

He should retire. One thing I don't understand about BD old player why they dont leave the place when they are still respected. Yes Once he was very useful cricketer. Now it is time to step down.
Old June 30, 2005, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why I like ChaCha?

Physically Handicapped, technically challenged, our all round figure ChaCha give it all when he plays. Also in key moments he gets the key breaks. He always fights hard for his position in the team fighting against younger, more talented players. And some how he manage to survive (most of the time). He is the "Rudy" of Bangladesh Cricket. An prototype player who can grab normal people's love, affection, support and in some cases sympathy.

Old June 30, 2005, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Why I like ChaCha?

Exactly well said ..

I guess the guys who ask Q about chacha's performance either very young or just started following BD cricket. If you r young then i would sugest to find some one old enough and talk with him to see how he faught even though he was avg plyr...

And if u just started following BD cricket then, i don't know what to say...do some research may be....

Rakibul, Nannu, Akram, Bulbul, Athaher, Shujon r founding fathers of our cricket....
Old June 30, 2005, 09:58 PM
Test Cricketer

khaled mahmud has one good game in his career? he played many great innins for our country. that test in multan that we almost won, khaled mahmud has the best bowling figure. that is still the second best bowling figure in test for bd after enamul's against zimbabwe. i agree he is not best of form rightnow. but he has been a big part of our team for a long time. and he has been one of the best captain, i only rate akram khan as a better captain. pilot bashar non of those guys has the leadership skill that he has. i personally want to see shujon retire by playing his last match not in england but in dhaka front of his home crowd.(yes the crowd that showed booed him many times) but that is how it should be. he is a legend in bangladesh cricket and unlike akram bulbul enamul haque sr and few others i want to see him retire with dignity and i wanna see him retire by announcing it ahead of time and by playing his last game front of his home crowd. shujon deserves that.

Edited on, July 1, 2005, 7:08 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: Pls refrain from rudeness and personal attacks.
Old June 30, 2005, 10:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Please refrain from any personal attacks. Not necessary to call someone crazy or stupid ( not stupit ) just beacuse you don't agree. Many great innings? When and where? after all this years, he had one ODI fifty to his name. At times he has bowled well in ODI's. I give you that match. The little that is said about his test performance ( batting and bowling ), the better. You mention Multan and his performance. Funny..did you not know his bowling avg at that time was a topic of international humiliation and laughing stock? You wanna give him a special farewell. Do it on your own. There is no room for such emotional garbage in competetive intl game. Have a nice sendoff off the field, if you must, but it must not come at the cost of the national team.
Old June 30, 2005, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Quote:
Originally posted by left-hander
Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
and one terrible misfield...I thought I heard the commentators say that he got hit for a six (by Symonds) off the last ball of his career.
Last ball he faced he got out
Last ball he bowled got hit for six
Last ball he tried to field and he let 3 runs in