facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 5, 2010, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

No dollar please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uselessssss

Old October 5, 2010, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Mash is out for next match Is it confirm?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
nothing is confirmed as of yet but it seems like he'll be out for the entire series. Real tragic incident for BD
Old October 5, 2010, 02:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
সিরিজে এখনও চারটি ম্যাচ বাকি আছে। চোট সমস্যার কারণে অগত্যা বিকল্প পেস বোলার খুঁজতে হচ্ছে রফিকুলকে। বাংলানিউজকে তিনি জানান,“গত এক দেড় বছরে যারা জাতীয় দলে খেলেছে তাদের মধ্য থেকে আগামী ম্যাচের জন্যই দুজন পেসার স্কোয়াডে নিতে হবে। ডলার, সাহাদাত, রবিন এবং সৈয়দ রাসেলের মধ্য থেকে যে কোন দুজনকে বেছে নেব।

তবে সৈয়দ রাসেল এবং ডলার মাহমুদের স্কোয়াডে জায়গা পাওয়ার সম্ভাবনা বেশি বলেই জানিয়েছেন প্রধান নির্বাচক। প্রধান কোচ জেমি সিডন্সের সঙ্গে আলোচনা করে বুধবার সকালেই এবিষয়ে সিদ্ধান্ত নেবেন বলে জানিয়েছেন রফিকুল।

http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/detai...11153&toppos=1

Bagh mama under pressure. Possible 2 replacement from Shahadat,Robin,Rasel and Dollar. But Dollar and Rasel may get the nod. Wednesday morning they will decide after speaking to Jamie Siddons.
Shahadat and Rasel seems like a reasonable choice for me.unless Rasel is horrificly out of form, then Dollar Mahmud it is....

Shahadat can bowl economically sometimes if he is on good form+match practice!
Old October 5, 2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

Doesn't matter which pace bowlers are chosen, they will all get hammered.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 5, 2010, 06:49 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Let's hope Shafiul and Rubel recovers in time. Shafiul is likely to be fit, not sure about Rubel.
Old October 5, 2010, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What's wrong with Rubel?
Old October 5, 2010, 08:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Shafiul and Shahadat.
Old October 6, 2010, 02:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Shafiul/Rubel i'm sure will be back and Shahadat. Not bad. We r missing Mash and I think Mash will never get 100% fit for a complete series anymore. He has too many weak spots in this body, Leg to be precise. All his ankles and knees are vulnerable to injury. We goot to keep 5/6 pacers in line to rotate them between matches.
Old October 6, 2010, 05:31 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Shafiul/Rubel i'm sure will be back and Shahadat. Not bad. We r missing Mash and I think Mash will never get 100% fit for a complete series anymore. He has too many weak spots in this body, Leg to be precise. All his ankles and knees are vulnerable to injury. We goot to keep 5/6 pacers in line to rotate them between matches.
Good thing is, now we can afford to rotate pacers
We have atleast few backup pacers, batsmen and allrounders.
Good days are coming.....
Old October 6, 2010, 06:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

lets play 5 different duo in 5 games

mash-nazmul
shahadat - rasel
robin - robiul
shafi - rubel
shubhashis - sharif/talha/alauddin/emon/kamrul/sajidul
Old October 6, 2010, 08:24 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I hope shafiul makes it for the next match if not then i think rasel would be the obvious candidate. he's taken 61 odi wickets and like nazmul he's much better at home then he is away. The other pacers are going to get hammered, so I don't see much point bringing them. I think it's better to bring in Shuvo as they really struggled wiyth spin and I think we'll blitz their batting attack with our spin bowling attack.
Old October 6, 2010, 08:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Rasel and Dollar joined with BD squad in place of Mashrafee and Nazmul.Pont is also very happy with bowler performance and our victory against NZ.According to him Nz is very strong one day side.They are targeting to play world cup semis.

Source:ATN news
Old October 6, 2010, 08:21 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

For the 10th time can someone please tell me what's wrong with Shafi and Rubel?
Old October 6, 2010, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
lets play 5 different duo in 5 games

mash-nazmul
shahadat - rasel
robin - robiul
shafi - rubel
shubhashis - sharif/talha/alauddin/emon/kamrul/sajidul
If we go up 4-0, we can play all 7 in game 5
Old October 6, 2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
For the 10th time can someone please tell me what's wrong with Shafi and Rubel?
Bolding mine:

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=157451

Tigers in pace puzzle

NO MORE FREAKISH INJURIES: Bangladesh bowling coach Ian Pont (C) has a tough task ahead to find injury replacements before the second one-dayer on Friday. Here the Englishman comes out with his two yet-to-be-fit pacers Shafiul Islam (R) and Rubel Hossain after having an indoor practice session at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday. PHOTO: ANISUR RAHMAN
Sports Reporter

The characteristic buzz, which follows every Bangladesh one-day victory, was omnipresent yesterday. The Bangladesh players who turned up for the optional practice and the coaching staff were all beaming as they worked at the indoor facilities at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

The players were also excited about a dinner party that their captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza would host at the Westin later in the evening.

But gray clouds hover over the Bangladesh think-tank ahead of the second match against New Zealand.

The one-dayer on Friday will definitely see a fresh new-ball attack, as both Mashrafe and Nazmul Hossain will certainly miss the game.

While Nazmul will be out for at least ten days with a finger injury, it seems certain that the Narail Express will be missing for at least six weeks. According to sources, the swelling is still present and it is a problem with his right ankle ligament, though the injury didn't affect his bone.

Mashrafe confirmed that he had tried to avoid a no-ball and it was too slippery around the popping crease area.

But he was not too worried about his absence in the team. "I can't say now [how long it will take to heal], but I can tell you tomorrow [Thursday]. I don't think there would be problems without me because our spin attack is vital," he said.

"I was really looking forward to the series but its unfortunate," he added.

Tigers' bowling coach Ian Pont said that it looked like a "freak accident" and that is extremely rare for two bowlers to get injured in the same match.

"It looked like he slipped. Watching it on the TV, he looked like he lost his footing," said Pont.

"There is nothing wrong with his bowling action or fitness, but it was just a freak accident," he added.

Rubel Hossain and Shafiul Islam are the other pacemen in Bangladesh's 14-man squad and the national selectors added Dollar Mahmud and Syed Rasel as cover for the two injured bowlers. The two were playing for Khulna in a National Cricket League match against Dhaka at Rajshahi but were released by their division to join the Tigers.

Both Rubel and Shafiul were injured earlier this week, forcing the selectors to bring in Nazmul who himself got hurt off the last ball of the game on Tuesday. Both however looked at ease while bowling in the nets yesterday, Pont said that a decision on the new-ball attack will only be made on Friday morning.

"We have got two guys who've joined us today. We are having a look at the four pace bowlers. Obviously we won't be picking a team until the day of the match.

"We are doing a final assessment on Shafiul today. We'll see what happens after today's net session," he said.

Pont though remained confident of the outcome from Friday's game.
"We are 1-0 up in the series, it is a little bit unexpected. We can't wait for Friday. I feel that whichever eleven Tigers put on the field, it's going to be good," he added.

Pont was also quite happy to have been part of the winning team on his first game as Tigers' bowling coach. "It is fantastic. Cricket doesn't get better than beating sides who are ranked above you. Let's be honest, Bangladesh have a few teams above them to win against. But I'm happy," he said.
Old October 6, 2010, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Lol, that still doesn't say whats wrong with them. I know they are "injured." But what's the injury about?

I saw both of them running around with water bottle
Old October 6, 2010, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Lol, that still doesn't say whats wrong with them. I know they are "injured." But what's the injury about?

I saw both of them running around with water bottle
you have to understand it other way.Bangladesh is playing important home series with g8 team before world cup at home. We have to make sure other bowlers get chance as well along with regular pacers.Moreover,BD team is not supposed to reveal full info of injury to select another player. Look at other int. countries.Sometime they also don't give much details of any injured player.Its somewhat benefit of home series by resting important players
Old October 6, 2010, 11:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
A picture tells many story

Pic 1 has Shafi helping physio Mike Henry carrying Mash off the field and Pic 2 has Rubel running with drinks after vettori was out. They may not be match fit but looking at those picture one will have the impression that their injury is not serious.
is this some kind of match fixing scandal LOLZ