facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old May 25, 2005, 06:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Help: Laptop to TV connection

alright you tech-savy bangalis:

i am having a bit of a problem. in order to better watch the series, i bought a s-video and audio cables to go from my laptop to my 53 inch projection TV.

problem is when i connect everthing, nothing happens. the image from my laptop monitor is not appearing on my tv monitor. i have tried all the video modes (1-4). all the cables fit and are in (i think) the right place. right audio, left audio, s-video on the TV and headphone jack and s-video in the laptop computer.

Old May 25, 2005, 06:37 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The output from your video card is for monitor and will not work directly on TV, the signals are very different. You need a PC to TV video card. There are many to choose from, you can even buy one online.

The S video output from your monitor is for the dvd player. It lets you play a dvd on your laptop and watch it on your tv. It wont take whats on the monitor and use the TV as a monitor.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Which video card do you have in your laptop?
Old May 30, 2005, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

If there is a S-Video output on the laptop then you'll be able to see it on TV. Just make sure it is an output, not an input

Depending on individual cards / OS / TV's, the details might differ a little. If anyone still has issues after trying the following, pls U2U me. I might be able to help unless it is beyond my knowledge realm (which is not much to start with).

First try the simplest way - Hook up all the cables from laptop to TV while both are OFF. Then turn TV ON first. Then turn ON the laptop. You should see the laptop's desktop on TV. The powering sequence is crucial.

If this doesn't work, try this -
right click on your desktop and select "properties". When the display menu comes up, go to "settings" tab and click on "Advanced" button. Another window should come up. This new window will have multiple panes like "general", "Color", "Displays" etc. Go to the "Displays" pane. You should see three or four sub-panes like "Monitor", "TV", "Panel" etc. The TV sub-pane will have a On/Off button. If the button is disabled, close all the display related windows, turn the TV On and then repeat the whole process up to this point. The On/Off button should be active now. Click it On (should be red). There should be two other smaller buttons on the "TV" sub-pane, one with a logo of multiple squares on top of each other, and the other with concentric circles. Press the concentric circle button. Then press okay to get out of the display windows. At this point you should see your laptop screen on TV monitor.
Old June 6, 2005, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rajputro
The output from your video card is for monitor and will not work directly on TV, the signals are very different. You need a PC to TV video card. There are many to choose from, you can even buy one online.

The S video output from your monitor is for the dvd player. It lets you play a dvd on your laptop and watch it on your tv. It wont take whats on the monitor and use the TV as a monitor.
I project my laptop monitor to my TV all the time.
I am watching Bangladesh-England Series on my TV by connecting it to my Laptop. You need is TV-out feature in your graphics card.

If you have TV-Out in your graphics card and still can not project your laptop on your TV screen, you might want to check the S-video cables. 7-Pin Vs. 4-Pin issues may be a reason for S-video not projecting your laptop on TV.
Old June 13, 2005, 01:24 AM
BC Editorial Team

also lower your laptop resolution way down. Believe it or not, most tvs can't handle anything beyound 760x480 resolution
Old June 24, 2005, 12:56 AM
Street Cricketer

I had the similar problem initially, however I did what Sauron did. That worked perfectly for me. So follow what sauron said,

right click on your desktop and select "properties". When the display menu comes up, go to "settings" tab and click on "Advanced" button. Another window should come up. This new window will have multiple panes like "general", "Color", "Displays" etc. Go to the "Displays" pane. [ My Laptop shows GEforce tab, I went there, there was an option to clone, I did that]. You should see three or four sub-panes like "Monitor", "TV", "Panel" etc.
S Video cable in the laptop means there should be a TV card in the laptop.
Old June 24, 2005, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

yeah sauron's stuff should solve ur problem cause i did exactly that and saw the first over hatrick on the tv (WC03 bd-Sri)....

Since then i never tried that again