facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who is your ideal Tiger?
Shakib al-Hasan 7 24.14%
Mohammad Ashraful 6 20.69%
Mahmudullah Riyad 2 6.90%
Mushfiqur Rahim 1 3.45%
Tamim Iqbal 12 41.38%
Aftab Ahmed 0 0%
Mehrab Hossain, jnr 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 30, 2009, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Reality of Marrying one of them:

1. Shakib al-Hasan: He will be bringing money for the family, will be cooking for the family, cleaning the house, diapers, bed and preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner and then more.... the wife will be exhausted from his desires in bedroom. His position in bed will be awkward and pure ugly but he will get the job done.

2. Mohammad Ashraful: wife will curse him and wished she married someone else but will not divorce him for those occassional out of this world pleasure. Immaculate positions. He will inventing positions you thought was never possible :p

3. Mahmudullah Riyad: Expendable. Ok till the wife find a better man who can actually complete the task.

4. Mushfiqur Rahim: Encourage his friends to hit the stumps more than rahim is capable of. Wife is tired of rahim's incompetence but enjoys musfique's friend's company though.

ok no more...me tired
very well done.. some genius keystrokes.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old August 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
Ay chhera you don't think I could have gone down that route? Bhabhsi thak rojar mashe ay shob dorkar nai. Ami deksi Ramadane chelera aro beshi baira jai. Roja raikha ki labh hay?

Antora, I went for Shakib in the end. Even though my mum said he looks totally like my mejo chacha when he was young and that's a bit weird. I like Tamim too but it will be pushing it with the age, even if he has a 'real age'. You can have him. Omg, Shakib's in Australia right now. I bet he's in Melbourne!! If I were you I would totally try and stalk him.

al-F, men aren't allowed at bridal and baby showers because only women go through the hell of marrying a man and having a baby.
OK, labor pains understood. but what hell of marrying a man? now i have never been married, nor have i had any "lady friends". but based on what my boys have told me, and what pop culture feeds us, women are crazy!

women play mind games...when they ask u a question, there is always an ulterior query which men usually can't possibly anticipate. "why were hanging out so late with the boys?" that question, is really the answer "you think i'm fat and ugly, and i that i can't cook good" --> guy is gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight.

men don't play mind games. we might be moody at times (but far less so than ur average woman), but we don't interrogate on angles. "why is the daal so salty?" means exactly that, why is the daal so salty!

seems to me that in a NORMAL marriage, most of the hell is experienced by the males. of course i'm ignoring those marriages where the husband, due to being of a significantly lower class and refusing to learn or behave, makes life miserable for his wife, all the while enjoying the upward mobility by marrying a wife several leagues too good for him.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 30, 2009, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah

2. Orphy is desperate - you can't mention "Ladies Only" and keep him out of anything.
Yes billah bhai, you are right. I thought I was being an opportunist. I thought I would only find many many ladies in this thread because I would be the only male. It would be like my heaven on earth. But unfortunately I found you here and zeeshan and al furqaan.. I found everyone but any ladies

Good one Al - LOL... that post was actually funny..haha.
Old August 30, 2009, 03:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
.....If only he met me once I'm sure he'd fall in love with me
Somebody's oozing in self confidence .

Wow I came here all curious to see what the ladies are discussing. Ended up reading a whole load of posts by dudes...
Old August 31, 2009, 01:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Here's proof darl! But my bad, he's not here yet. YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO PREPARE! I'm 110% sure he'll be in Melb, as that's where Mash goes. What's wrong with Brisbane huh? We have first-class doctors here! And first-class medical students :P I will research where the best Orthopaedics (crap..who deals with groin probs? it must be them) unit is in Melb. I think I read the name of Mash's doc somewhere, maybe he's a good lead.

Shakib is everything ain't he? *sigh* If only he met me once I'm sure he'd fall in love with me. Lol, I was thinking Tamim doesn't look 20 at all, or even 21. But he must be, I think they only 'do it' by a year or so.

I'm happy to see the number of closet and not-so-closet (ie Orphy) gays out in force. Don't be shy!

OMG if he does end up coming to Melb ( I'm praying that he does) I'm so making sure people here arrange a programe like we did with MAsh..except this one has to be 10x better AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH =P
Apu, I'm thinking you should move to Melbourne from Brisbane...I mean... it seems like all the players come here for treatment plus you get to meet them!

Oh and I'm gonna make sure Shakib falls for me before anyone else LOL
Old August 31, 2009, 01:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Ay chhera you don't think I could have gone down that route? Bhabhsi thak rojar mashe ay shob dorkar nai. Ami deksi Ramadane chelera aro beshi baira jai. Roja raikha ki labh hay?

al-F, men aren't allowed at bridal and baby showers because only women go through the hell of marrying a man and having a baby.
Different but slightly shallow minded thread
Obvious and typical Bangladeshi responses (Taking it off topic and making it perverse )
...and that last comment makes u a sexist. enough said.
Old August 31, 2009, 02:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Reality of Marrying one of them:

3. Mahmudullah Riyad: Expendable. Ok till the wife find a better man who can actually complete the task.

ok no more...me tired
Mr. & Mrs Shova will speak of that.

You seem to be tired at the thought of it ?? You need to higher a full timer !!
Old August 31, 2009, 03:29 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

i wont be surprise if some1 from this thread end up merrying a monkey.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 31, 2009, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

lol ur a joker man
Old August 31, 2009, 07:23 AM
Forever Bangy

Alfie, I'm going to take the bait and let you in on a few little secrets, just in case you actually believe your ludicrous assertions. Actually, ALL men should listen up (unless your woman is happy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
OK, labor pains understood. but what hell of marrying a man? now i have never been married, nor have i had any "lady friends". but based on what my boys have told me, and what pop culture feeds us, women are crazy!
Do you know the characteristic feature of being crazy? Lack of insight. If anyone has no insight into anything whatsoever, it's men. Men are also dumb. This is a fact, no anecdotal or corny Hollywood movie evidence required.

Quote:
women play mind games...when they ask u a question, there is always an ulterior query which men usually can't possibly anticipate. "why were hanging out so late with the boys?" that question, is really the answer "you think i'm fat and ugly, and i that i can't cook good" --> guy is gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight.
Typically exaggerated example. It's getting old boys. Really, you still haven't figured it out? Women are in constant fear of being cheated on. "Why were you hanging out so late with the boys" means "Are you so tired of me that you can spend all that time away from me without a care in the world?". It's only one step from with the boys to with the sexy blonde at work (why a sexy blonde would go for a Bangladeshi guy I will leave to your no doubt excitable imagination). But if we ask the question outright like that, you guys will freak out and all we get is a 'Don't be silly, it's late, I'm going to bed'. Which is an infuriating response, so damn straight we'll ask why you were out late. And don't mistake it for we want you to spend all your time with us. God no. If your woman asks you too many questions, it's because you haven't created an environment in which she feels secure of you.

Another thing, guys, as soon as the thrill of the chase is over and they're assured of the girl's affection, suddenly shift gears, as if all the hard work's been done and they can sit back and relax. Another example of the unfeeling nature of men.

Quote:
men don't play mind games. we might be moody at times (but far less so than ur average woman), but we don't interrogate on angles. "why is the daal so salty?" means exactly that, why is the daal so salty!
The daal is too salty hey? You'll eat what you're given or you make your own frickin daal!

Quote:
seems to me that in a NORMAL marriage, most of the hell is experienced by the males. of course i'm ignoring those marriages where the husband, due to being of a significantly lower class and refusing to learn or behave, makes life miserable for his wife, all the while enjoying the upward mobility by marrying a wife several leagues too good for him.
What hell? What is it that men actually do in a marriage? They don't cook or clean the house, they aren't the sole provider anymore, they can't look after the children properly. Bangladeshi men are USELESS. Women aren't feresta you know, can't do everything without going on about it a little.

There are two types of men, the one you describe above (though he doesn't necessarily have to be of a significantly lower class) and the other one who is marginally good enough for his wife, and thus thinks that's carte blanche to cheat on her. Grrr.. no wonder I bat for the other team. No I'm kidding, I don't exaggerate. Even if the good men don't cheat, they still fall into this state of disinterest after a while. Don't know why that happens.

Anyway, moral of the story: For all the women's emancipation and rise to equality, etc, etc, it's men who still have the upper hand because they have the key to our hearts, and we have nothing because you don't have hearts. So do good by your woman and treat her well!
Old August 31, 2009, 07:36 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
i wont be surprise if some1 from this thread end up merrying a monkey
Orphy would definitely merry a monkey. And possibly get the monkey to merry him.

Quote:
OMG if he does end up coming to Melb ( I'm praying that he does) I'm so making sure people here arrange a programe like we did with MAsh..except this one has to be 10x better AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH =P
I'm positive it will be Melbourne. You should definitely get them to organise something. After all he's done for the country

Quote:
Apu, I'm thinking you should move to Melbourne from Brisbane...I mean... it seems like all the players come here for treatment plus you get to meet them!
I'm certainly considering it now. Ahhh however I still have fond memories of the first time Bangladesh came to Australia in the winter of '03. They played all of their practice matches in Brisbane, and I went to all of them. Only Mash and Ash, and Alok remain from that team. And I got a photo with Mash on one side, Alok on the other. *sigh* Somehow they didn't fall in love with me. Must have been a clerical error. On a side note, I can't believe I forgot Alok in this poll! Anyway they don't come to Brisbane no more, so maybe Melbourne is the way to go.

Quote:
Oh and I'm gonna make sure Shakib falls for me before anyone else LOL
It's on! You do your thing, I'll do mine.
Old August 31, 2009, 08:45 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
It's on! You do your thing, I'll do mine.
chula chuli korle amader advance janaien.dekha lagbo...

Old August 31, 2009, 12:02 PM
Test Cricketer

man! I feel bad for u girls/guys. what kinda men/women do u have in your lives and what are they doing to u, to be this bitter towards the opposite gender?

and some of these comments are plain dumb and sexist. I'd report them but I know nothing would happen since most of it is coming from a woman and somehow women being sexist is more acceptable in our society than men bashing women.
Old August 31, 2009, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
man! I feel bad for u girls/guys. what kinda men/women do u have in your lives and what are they doing to u, to be this bitter towards the opposite gender?

and some of these comments are plain dumb and sexist. I'd report them but I know nothing would happen since most of it is coming from a woman and somehow women being sexist is more acceptable in our society than men bashing women.
habfreak bhai. u got a sick avatar. is that rajib bowling his 67 mph beamers in the rain?
Old August 31, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

hehe ur joka
Old August 31, 2009, 12:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
habfreak bhai. u got a sick avatar. is that rajib bowling his 67 mph beamers in the rain?
Yep. infact it was 64.7 mph and he grunted like Monica seles while delivering that beamer.

we are really good at staying on topic. aren't we?
Old August 31, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Do you know the characteristic feature of being crazy? Lack of insight. If anyone has no insight into anything whatsoever, it's men. Men are also dumb. This is a fact, no anecdotal or corny Hollywood movie evidence required.
since the topic of women is generally interesting to me, i actually wanna have a serious discussion here (time to move it to FC, mods???).

i'll agree with you, that generally speaking men "lack insight". actually men lack insight in things which have traditionally been women's affairs. as a "momma's boy" i feel like i have the upper hand on most males in terms on some "feminine" insights. but what do we mean when we say "insights"? it could mean a lot of things so please specify or give one example for my sake.

Quote:
Typically exaggerated example. It's getting old boys. Really, you still haven't figured it out? Women are in constant fear of being cheated on. "Why were you hanging out so late with the boys" means "Are you so tired of me that you can spend all that time away from me without a care in the world?". It's only one step from with the boys to with the sexy blonde at work (why a sexy blonde would go for a Bangladeshi guy I will leave to your no doubt excitable imagination). But if we ask the question outright like that, you guys will freak out and all we get is a 'Don't be silly, it's late, I'm going to bed'. Which is an infuriating response, so damn straight we'll ask why you were out late. And don't mistake it for we want you to spend all your time with us. God no. If your woman asks you too many questions, it's because you haven't created an environment in which she feels secure of you.
OK understood. but let me tell you that men are also "worried" about being cheated on, just for the record. and not all guys are players or womanizers. but i can understand a woman's genuine fear of having her man cheat on her. but u must remember that guys feel more or less the same way. i mean what human being doesn't care if his/her spouse is getting their freak on with someone else. especially in this day and age of STDs?

the truth is that every relationship has to be based on trust. and this is coming from the most paranoid person on earth. so suppose your fellow is "hanging out with the boys", if i was a woman, i'd call that cat to see what was going on. if the phone rings, and he doesn't pick up, get worried. if he picks up and all you hear is him talking with perhaps Usher music in the background, get worried. if however you hear obnoxious male voices in the background, alls well, for he's really with the fellas. there's no need to get ticked off when he comes home, unless of course he doesn't allow u to relax with your girlfriends reciprocally.

now since its ramadan, and we're talking about social issues, i'm gonna kick a little deen here. this is not personally directed to you, although all can benefit from this knowledge.

cheating or zina as they say in arabic, is a serious business. while nothing in life is certain, a zina-free marriage actually has its origins years before either partner ties the knot, or perhaps even meets each other. to understand this, we must understand what cheating is and what causes it.

very few people are innate cheaters, that is, hardly anyone gets married with the intention "yeah, i'm gonna cheat on him/her first chance i get". that is not to say that everyone thinks this way, but even 99% of those who committ adultery does not embrace cheating in such an open manner. cheating is a product of depression and marital frustration. when one is not getting a favorable emotional environment at home, chances of infidelity increase significantly. cheating is NOT usually about lust. most people cheat on their spouse with someone who is not much better looking, if not worse looking.

in a truly harmonious relationship, neither partner should be overly worried about the other cheating on them. a truly harmonious relationship should be fostered by two people who are mindful of the other person's rights, likes, and dislikes and acts accordingly.

where does religion play a part in all that secular talk? well it always helps if society imparts a strong opinion towards marital fidelity instead of shrugging their collective shoulders "oh well, i feel bad for those kids" when it isn't present.

Quote:
Another thing, guys, as soon as the thrill of the chase is over and they're assured of the girl's affection, suddenly shift gears, as if all the hard work's been done and they can sit back and relax. Another example of the unfeeling nature of men.
true, and i guess its sad. but its probably much harder to maintain the good graces of a person than it is to earn it in the first place. but lets not absolve women of all guilt here. society has conditioned people to think of men as competitors vying for a trophy wife. naturally men relax once they've "won", but women too tend to become far less charming after the "chase". i think it works both ways, and women would very well if they tried to at least understand why men act the way they act - as well as possibly shed light onto why you all do what you do, since its not always as obvious as our intentions.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 31, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Anyway, moral of the story: For all the women's emancipation and rise to equality, etc, etc, it's men who still have the upper hand because they have the key to our hearts, and we have nothing because you don't have hearts. So do good by your woman and treat her well!
hey, men chase women! you have the [bigger] keys to our very existence!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 31, 2009, 02:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
hey, men chase women! you have the [bigger] keys to our very existence!
Not entirely true. I get chased by women all the time, and NO, they are not COPS
Old August 31, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Not entirely true. I get chased by women all the time, and NO, they are not COPS
well let me clarify: all men chase women, some women chase men.

also, beamer bhai, most men are mere mortals and not absolute adonises (sp??) like you

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 31, 2009, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
are any of them sexy blondes? mona says sexy blonds don't go after bengali men haha.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 31, 2009, 03:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

ladies thread e men ra dekhi 2 page kore pelse
Old August 31, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
are any of them sexy blondes? mona says sexy blonds don't go after bengali men haha.
Not even half true.
Old August 31, 2009, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Not even half true.
arey bhai, if you say "bengali men go after sexy blondes" talai to statement half true hoi gese...lol.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 31, 2009, 03:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
arey bhai, if you say "bengali men go after sexy blondes" talai to statement half true hoi gese...lol.
lol, but few of us are street smarts.