facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2004, 11:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Let\'s do something about it...

In addition to posting messages expressing outrage on this forum why don't we write to The Daily Star or The New Age about this matter. Could someone provide the email address of the sports editors? The questions I would like to ask are:

1- Which bureaucratic idot's idea was it to bestow a "special honour on Cricketnext.com by bringing out a Postal Stamp highlighting the website's role in development of cricket in that country."

2-Isn't it about time we repeal this "special honour" to Cricketnext.com?

3-How can any respectable cricket site write something so derogatory against a cricket team, let alone a country's cricket team which which has given them a "special honour" as claimed by Cricketnext.

Old April 19, 2004, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

there is no Indian state that can beat us in series. We can beat the **** out of most of their states. May be we shoud write that to cricketnext.com

With a billion people? and more cricket players in there than the rest of the world combined how can they be so proud of themselves.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by pagol-chagol]
Old April 19, 2004, 01:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Patience pls!

why the hell we r bothering so much about the silly stupid writings of some arrogant & biased 'Tabloid' style indian reporter?!!!

I just dont think we need these Indian reporter's recognition of any kind to know wht BD cricket is all about!!... because maybe not immediately but soon enough, India is going to get busy struggling to save their matches whn they play against us!!

By the way, its really stunning to find out tht BD govt. had brought out a postal stamp in honor of an indian site!.. no matter wht contribution it had for cricket!!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old April 19, 2004, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

what stamp?
I am about to puke...
Old April 19, 2004, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
what stamp?
I am about to puke...
Yes, I didn't hear of this one, what stamp? Tell us, please.
Old April 19, 2004, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Default The Stamp

Old April 19, 2004, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Well making fun of other countries is not something new for india. so i actually dont bother what the indians actually say. they are just some narrow minded people. and their supporters are the weirdest people i have ever seen. if they do good they make their cricketers their god but if they do bad then they wont mind throwing shoes and pocha dim at them.
Old April 20, 2004, 01:39 AM
Banned

Not to long ago, they tried to burn Ganguly's house down, I think.
Old April 20, 2004, 09:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

When you guys will have kids or for those who already have kids - make them Journalists or Lawyers (turns in to politicians) instead of doctors or Engineers. Journalists and Lawyers / Politicians - they happen to rule the world.

We Bangladeshis desperately need to have our presence in International Media.
Old April 20, 2004, 12:26 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Daily Star Email Address: Sports Page

dssports@gononet.com
Old April 20, 2004, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

cricketNext Stamp

What exactly this stamp supposed to represent? CricketNext makes me throw up sometime, when I read some of their articles!

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by rassel]
Old April 20, 2004, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

cricket next dot ar bishoy ta kintu ami akhono thik buzhina. tara ki ashole bangladesh ke support korte chai na amaderke niye moja korte chai. tobe jotodur jani cricketnext is one of the most biased sources for cricket. especially they are the ones who will start all the betting discussions always for no reason because of their narrow mind. they can not accept that their team can loose also.
Old April 20, 2004, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

That Bangladeshi postal stamp is extremely funny. How stupid we are! I bet I could bribe some BNP guy $1000 and have a stamp made in my name. So I gather from this thread that banglacricket.com fans want to start a stamp-recall petition?

I think if they wanted to recognize websites that have been bangladesh-focused or in some way "helped" bangladesh cricket, there are much better candidates - early ones include Zunaid's VB or even Banglacricket.com!
Old April 20, 2004, 03:22 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
early ones include Zunaid's VB or even Banglacricket.com!
Spot on. Bravo.
Old April 20, 2004, 04:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

This stamp was commemorating the ICC Knock out cup. Cricketnext.com is there because they were the title sponsor for that ICC tournament. Bangladesh Govt. did not want to endorse that website or anything like that. It was just incidental! And this pitiful website just took advantage of that!!! Nothing else!!
Old April 20, 2004, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Default Not the ICC Knockout Cup

This was during the ICC Cricket Week of 2000. Cricket Week was a worldwide celebration of the game organised by the International Cricket Council (ICC) from 2nd-9th April 2000, designed to promote awareness of cricket throughout the world. As part of the Cricket Week Bangladesh had hosted Asia v Rest of the World in Dhaka on April 8th. This was what was sponsored by CricketNext. Not something quite as big as the ICC Knockout Trophy.

Heres the blurb from the ICC

Could not find the scorecard anywhere .... Saw some references to Tendu scoring 80

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Zunaid : tendu]
Old April 20, 2004, 05:47 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

I bet I could bribe some BNP guy $1000 and have a stamp made in my name.
unfortunately BNP was not in power at that time rafiq bhai.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by reverse_swing]
Old April 20, 2004, 06:44 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
Quote:

I bet I could bribe some BNP guy $1000 and have a stamp made in my name.
unfortunately BNP was not in power at that time rafiq bhai.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by reverse_swing]
BNP=Auamileague=Jamaat=JP
Old April 20, 2004, 06:51 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

well said Agentsmith. Actually all are same.
Old April 20, 2004, 08:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
This was during the ICC Cricket Week of 2000. Cricket Week was a worldwide celebration of the game organised by the International Cricket Council (ICC) from 2nd-9th April 2000, designed to promote awareness of cricket throughout the world. As part of the Cricket Week Bangladesh had hosted Asia v Rest of the World in Dhaka on April 8th. This was what was sponsored by CricketNext. Not something quite as big as the ICC Knockout Trophy.

Heres the blurb from the ICC

Could not find the scorecard anywhere .... Saw some references to Tendu scoring 80

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Zunaid : tendu]
Yes you are right! But the fact still remains the same -- cricketnext.com being there is incidental. The name of cricketnext.com is there only because they sponsored that match/week. Bangladesh Govt. made this stamp to commemorate the ICC cricket week, because ICC arranged the main attraction of that week in Bangladesh. If there is any debate about the stamp it should be whether Bangladesh Govt. should commemorate such events or not.

And I can't agree more with AgentSmith.... there is hardly any difference between these political parties as far as the welfare of the nation is concerned!!
Old April 21, 2004, 12:51 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Could not find the scorecard anywhere .
Match reports : .

That's Cricket CricketNext DailyDespatch Indian Express
Old April 21, 2004, 02:42 AM
Club Cricketer

well, india has some great players, but zim has beaten them and i´m sure it´s because they get arrogant and superior when playing countries like zim.

zim even took them close a couple of times in the VB series - and again: you could read in the cricinfo articles, from fans posts on the bbc board that they did not consider the zim games of any importance.

i would not be concerned about this sort of nonsense - i predict BD to win an ODI game against them soon.

they may play AUS well, but thier disregard of other teams will never get them the number one spot (cause they´ll always lose a few by simply expecting to win).
Old April 21, 2004, 03:07 AM
Club Cricketer

Default shouldn\'t play

BD shouldn't be playing test cricket...
BD cannot even win LOIs.... let them beat the current Zimbabwe 'A' team first...
Old April 21, 2004, 07:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Default India bashing!

Such 'India bashing' on the basis of the opinion of one Indian journalist is really amusing!

Bangladesh has really not done a great done in their stint in international cricket, and that is something that Bangladeshis should accept and go ahead. It is a bit immature to be so touchy about a stray comment!

I also find a few reactions ludicrous:

1) Someone said India has won its first Test in 20 years - Let's get the facts straight here, India achieved its first Test victory in 25 Tests, but they managed to draw 11 Tests of those 25. On the other hand, Bangaldesh has lost 26 of its first 28 Tests, and the other two were draws because they were simply washed out

2) Someone has said that India has no bowler of Mashrafe's calibre - funny, that he has never got a 5-wicket haul in international cricket. Further, he has a bowling average of 40 in ODIs and 35.96 in Tests. Mashrafe is undoubtedly the best Bangladeshi pacer, but he has miles to go in international cricket.

For that matter, other than Md Rafique, no Bangladeshi cricketer has the talent to consistently perform at the international level (Habibul Bashar included). Rajin Saleh is one more guy who may develop well due to his temperament.

I know I am going to ruffle a few feathers here, but facts are simply, unfortunately, facts!
Old April 21, 2004, 07:33 AM
Retired BC Admin

One is entitled to say that his son is better than some one else's, where it's true or not. This kind of hypocracy has always been practiced and acceptable.

Now does any of the above comments hurt India's national pride? I hope not.

On the other hand, one journalist is just too many. He and his staffs hurt our national feelings dearly. Do you think I'll be in a mood to save some kind word for him now? Atleast not until my anger subsides.