facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 10, 2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I 2nd this motion. All in favor say "I".

Thank you. With virtue invested in me, I declare Bashar as old, unfit who is out there to cause more pain and aches. We have new captain SN for the Indian ODI series at home. Future is bright.

My Sincere thanks to Pilot, Bashar.
Hero thekey zero!
He was a hero in last 2 games!!

Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

I Hope Too ...BangladsehFAN
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
you know whats really pathetic? the number of people who are complaining about this game. i loved it. this was a great game...for both teams. both of these young teams have grown a lot in one day.

man...why am i the only one pointing this out. i've noticed a few reasonable people on this board. all these whiners are getting on my nerves.
Oh yea grown up! Tell me about that. Whom against you playing? A team which lost all of her good players? Or a team with a good potential? If it was 2004 I won't mind but it is 2007 and we are still struggling to defeat this 3rd string team.

Do you have any hope or expectations of doing well? What you will do if you play against India or Srilanka? They will score 300+ runs then you will die scoring 230 and loosing by big mergin just like CT. Live a real life.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
Dude...I wont say I am living and breathing with sports. coz I have Life with many things not only sports ! Btw...SHOVON...dont forget one thing. when BD won the last tournament...Bashar and many of us said....WE CAN WHITE WASH or TAKE the series easily even if we play in ZIM soil . Remember? Where is it all gone? I hope u also remember we were thinking of Beating WESTINDIES during the CHAMPIONSHIP trophy? That makes us feel that we are ABLE to beat a team like AUSTRALIA...INDIA..SL...WINDIES...and offcourse ZIM (easily).
AnD ZIM can't even dream of beating AUSTRALIA ,WI or SL and INDIA. So where are u trying to put BD now? Same level as ZIM? or Below them? Before u say ...remember...we are Hoping to beat 2 teams atleast in WORLD CUP FIRST ROUND !
huh? you know what, just because i feel like a prick, i'm going to sit here and point out all the bull in that post.

1. sports is one of many things i breathe and live. weed's another.
2. of course we (along with bashar) will say we can whitewash zim on the moon even. what do you expect him to say? "we'll give them a tough fight"?
3. same applies to our wishes of beating west indies. (while in reality, we got raped by 10 wickets)
4. both bang and zim are able to beat any team in the world. they are not experienced and composed enough to do it even remotely consistently, yet.
5. i just said in my last post, i rate bangladesh slightly higher than zimbabwe. want me to make a poll and find out what everyone else thinks?
6. we are targeting one win out of the two matches against india and srilanka. do you think zim is going the wc planning on losing all 3 of their matches. who doesn't want to win?

lastly, i dont know where you get this idea of bangladesh being way way way better than zimbabwe. we just recently passed them on the ladder. number 1 team in the world isn't really that much better than no. 8 (england i think, who just recently beat aussie in the first final of a triangular tournament). we're talking about no. 9 and no. 10 here. they are SUPPOSED to have nail biters. those nail biters are supposed to help both of these teams.

Last edited by shovon13; February 10, 2007 at 11:22 AM..
Old February 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh win the series 3-1. This is our first series win in the foreign soil against a test nation. Congratulation to my boys! I am proud of them!
Old February 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff

Quote:

Thank you. With virtue invested in me, I declare Bashar as old, unfit who is out there to cause more pain and aches. We have new captain SN for the Indian ODI series at home. Future is bright.

"I"
Old February 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

ya......winning is the most important n last thing....and we won the series 3-1.

We fans wanted our team to win with bigger margin....that did not happen....but still what we got is very very important.....now no one can even dare to compare our strength with ZIM....because we beat them 5-0 in our land and 3-1 in their land....so...huge difference in strenghts....now we will look ahead of ZIM....

GO BD GO!!!
Old February 10, 2007, 11:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saqibul hasan,tamim iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Bangladesh win the series 3-1. This is our first series win in the foreign soil against a test nation. Congratulation to my boys! I am proud of them!
atleast found one person who appreciates this win. alos first series win in a foreign land
Old February 10, 2007, 11:15 AM
Test Cricketer

All the pondit critic please come again another day! Let me enjoy my 3-1 series win.

Bangladesh is 9-1 against Zimabawe in last 10 games.
Old February 10, 2007, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
we're talking about no. 9 and no. 10 here. they are SUPPOSED to have nail biters. those nail biters are supposed to help both of these teams.
But unfortunately I am not talking about the No9 and No 10. I am talking about this Zim team. If it was former Zim team then I would be very happy indeed but this is a 3rd string side. We should win it easily. Thats why it's pathetic.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Oh yea grown up! Tell me about that. Whom against you playing? A team which lost all of her good players? Or a team with a good potential? If it was 2004 I won't mind but it is 2007 and we are still struggling to defeat this 3rd string team.

Do you have any hope or expectations of doing well? What you will do if you play against India or Srilanka? They will score 300+ runs then you will die scoring 230 and loosing by big mergin just like CT. Live a real life.
cool...another one got caught in the net.

read that post over again, then tell me which part of it makes sense. none, in my opinion. i'm talking from a purely linguistic perspective.

now if we shift our focus to cricket, your post becomes even more blurry. i thought its expected that we get whupped by india or srilanka, since they are far far stronger than us. if we happen to pull a victory, which we are capable of doing, then it will be considered an upset. oh look...i AM living a real life. how charming!

how bad do you guys think zimbabwe is? seriously. since when is bangladesh god-like in comparison to zimbabwe? they have a couple of wicket-keeper batsmen in taibu and taylor, both of whom can play in our team purely as batsmen. chigu is the best allrounder in both teams. utseya might be on par with razzak. sean williams is underrated, a promising young batsman who will turn some heads. they are just like us, a bunch of young promising guys who need exposure. quit putting zimbabwe down.

dude...zim IS the no. 10 in the most latest rankings, bangladesh being no. 9. 3rd string? i thought we are playing their national team.
Old February 10, 2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
huh? you know what, just because i feel like a prick, i'm going sit here and point out all the bull in that post.

1. sports is one of many things i breathe and live. weed's another.
2. of course we (along with bashar) will say we can whitewash zim on the moon even. what do you expect him to say? "we'll give them a tough fight"?
3. same applies to our wishes of beating west indies. (while in reality, we got raped by 10 wickets)
4. both bang and zim are able to beat any team in the world. they are not experienced and composed enough to do it even remotely consistently, yet.
5. i just said in my last post, i rate bangladesh slightly higher than zimbabwe. want me to make a poll and find out what everyone else thinks?
6. we are targeting one win out of the two matches against india and srilanka. do you think zim is going the wc planning on losing all 3 of their matches. who doesn't want to win?

lastly, i dont know where you get this idea of bangladesh being way way way better than zimbabwe. we just recently passed them on the ladder. number 1 team in the world isn't really that much better than no. 8 (england i think, who just recently beat aussie in the first final of a triangular tournament). we're talking about no. 9 and no. 10 here. they are SUPPOSED to have nail biters. those nail biters are supposed to help both of these teams.
You are making me talk too much..which i dont like. jst to tell u...if #8 team can beat #1 team then #9 also have beaten #1 team! AND few days ago..there were a thread on BDCRICKET FORUM....saying...BD Vs ENg,..in which we all agreed that BD is able to beat this ENGLISH TEAM .
so i dont know why do u put BD jst slightly higher then ZIM? do u think anyone in this planet thinking that zim will go to wc second round? But Many are thinking that BD MIGHT jst Might be able to beat INDIA OR SL.

I dont PUT ZIM KENYA and BD in a same CLASS ! we are jst like the INDIANs and the Srilankans. And dont Try the crap of saying...we are still Young....and learining give is 5 more years we will be better team...all those crap. we are Experiencede enough now. we are not the babies of Cricket!
Old February 10, 2007, 11:25 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:

No Way!!

He should play for at least 2 more years. We need a mature captain for the side, don't wanna lose SN for good due to the burden of Captaincy.

Remember, Rajin as Captain in ICC Champions trophy??
Old February 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff

Quote:
I dont PUT ZIM KENYA and BD in a same CLASS ! we are jst like the INDIANs and the Srilankans. And dont Try the crap of saying...we are still Young....and learining give is 5 more years we will be better team...all those crap. we are Experiencede enough now. we are not the babies of Cricket!
No we will be better and beat them both in the WC
Old February 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Hero thekey zero!
He was a hero in last 2 games!!
I think he is still a hero. Read the Cricinfo report to find how he got run out. He did not lose his nerves.
Old February 10, 2007, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
But unfortunately I am not talking about the No9 and No 10. I am talking about this Zim team. If it was former Zim team then I would be very happy indeed but this is a 3rd string side. We should win it easily. Thats why it's pathetic.
Their is nothing pathetic in win brother. If it would be the past Zimbabwe team strength then the record would be probably 6-4 instead of 9-1. Anyway congratulation to you as well for having so much love and care for my team.
Old February 10, 2007, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

After this series, I refuse to believe Bangladesh is any better than Zimbabwe. Last two games were anybody's game and Bangladesh was simply lucky. First game, Bd won while in the second game Zim crushed us. Anyone who think we will beat India or Srilanka, good luck to you.
Old February 10, 2007, 11:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You are making me talk too much..which i dont like. jst to tell u...if #8 team can beat #1 team then #9 also have beaten #1 team! AND few days ago..there were a thread on BDCRICKET FORUM....saying...BD Vs ENg,..in which we all agreed that BD is able to beat this ENGLISH TEAM .
so i dont know why do u put BD jst slightly higher then ZIM? do u think anyone in this planet thinking that zim will go to wc second round? But Many are thinking that BD MIGHT jst Might be able to beat INDIA OR SL.

you sound like the kid who wants to grow up already. its a process my man. could you say those nice positive things about our team 4 years ago...just after the wc in south africa? see...progress. now a days we can dream of beating top teams, as opposed to hoping to put up a fight like we used to back in those days.

there's more progress to be made though. we are not even close to india or srilanka. not yet. they'll beat us at least 8 out of 10 times.

we are not the babies of cricket. we are in the early teens. with zimbabwe closely following us (they were ahead of us, mind you. they still would be, if their government didn't mess up everything)
Old February 10, 2007, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
dude...zim IS the no. 10 in the most latest rankings, bangladesh being no. 9. 3rd string? i thought we are playing their national team.
We must loose in order to win but the thing is that the side we are facing. Remember we had beaten them in 2004 (please go to cricinfo for the players who played in zim team that time) when Zim got good players. They had Heath Strak, Taibu, Bleaugnot plus other players but now this team is a 3rd team created by the Mugabe regime. Trust me this is pathetic.

Old February 10, 2007, 11:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
After this series, I refuse to believe Bangladesh is any better than Zimbabwe. Last two games were anybody's game and Bangladesh was simply lucky. First game, Bd won while in the second game Zim crushed us. Anyone who think we will beat India or Srilanka, good luck to you.

Sometime it is better to be lucky then good. I will take this kinda good luck anyday homy. As a matter of fact I think it is Zimbabwe who got lucky to come that close to Bangladesh.

Luck prefers the braves!
Old February 10, 2007, 11:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
We must loose in order to win but the thing is that the side we are facing. Remember we had beaten them in 2004 (please go to cricinfo for the players who played in zim team that time) when Zim got good players. They had Heath Strak, Taibu, Bleaugnot plus other players but now this team is a 3rd team created by the Mugabe regime. Trust me this is pathetic.
we beat them once, and lost the other two. zimbabwe was clearly the better team in those days. the singular win we managed was actually against a slightly weakened zimbabwe team. that team didn't have andy flower, mark vermuelen, wishart...but featured taibu, matsikenyeri, dion ebrahim, blessing mahwire. we still lost that series 2-1.

we have made progress since then, and it looks like zimbabwe has suffered further decline. but by no means are we miles ahead of them.
Old February 10, 2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
you sound like the kid who wants to grow up already. its a process my man. could you say those nice positive things about our team 4 years ago...just after the wc in south africa? see...progress. now a days we can dream of beating top teams, as opposed to hoping to put up a fight like we used to back in those days.

there's more progress to be made though. we are not even close to india or srilanka. not yet. they'll beat us at least 8 out of 10 times.

we are not the babies of cricket. we are in the early teens. with zimbabwe closely following us (they were ahead of us, mind you. they still would be, if their government didn't mess up everything)
dude...u are Living a "IF" Life. If this didnt happen that would have happened... if this was a slow ball this player wouldnt have got out ...if this...

Man thats it...u think whatever u think. and let everyone else think that we are MUCH better team then ZIM(and we are supposed to be)...and we are able to beat ANY TEAM in this WORLD which ZIM can't at the moment( THERE is no "if" i'e if there was heat streak They also could beat...) I thought U are living in Reality !
Btw u are saying about After SA Wc...we improved . then after the last tournament agaisnt ZIM did we improve ? we certainly havnt. coz we are supposed to beat them more easily. go and read the Cricinfo bulletin of this Match ! it might help u !
Old February 10, 2007, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not sure why everybody is asking for Sumon's head now? Is it because he was run out at the death? If so, do we really know what happened? It cud be Razzak called and didnt response and Sumon got caught in the middle. We dont know. Even if it was his fault that doesnt ask for his head. He was hero last 2 games otherwise we wudn't be talking abt series winning today. People need to understand cricket before making lame comments.

Anyway, CONGRATS BD team for winning a series in a foreign soil. This is the first time happening if I'm not mistaken.
Old February 10, 2007, 11:48 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
you know whats really pathetic? the number of people who are complaining about this game. i loved it. this was a great game...for both teams. both of these young teams have grown a lot in one day.

man...why am i the only one pointing this out. i've noticed a few reasonable people on this board. all these whiners are getting on my nerves.
Today's match was good only from a neutral perspective, and for Zimbabwe.

The only good thing that we got from this match being such a nail biter is to prove to us the fact that majority of our players don't have the nerves against this Zimbabwe team.

Afrina in the other thread pointed this out very clearly:

- If we play like this against Zimbabwe, then what will our players do against the likes of Vaas and Malinga?
Old February 10, 2007, 11:52 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
I am not sure why everybody is asking for Sumon's head now? Is it because he was run out at the death? If so, do we really know what happened? It cud be Razzak called and didnt response and Sumon got caught in the middle. We dont know. Even if it was his fault that doesnt ask for his head. He was hero last 2 games otherwise we wudn't be talking abt series winning today. People need to understand cricket before making lame comments.

Anyway, CONGRATS BD team for winning a series in a foreign soil. This is the first time happening if I'm not mistaken.
According to the Cricinfo match report, this is what happened: Bashar was backing up a little too far at non-striking end, Razzak hit the ball, which touched the bowler's hand and clipped the bails of the stump?

So in that sense, the only mistake that Bashar did was try to back up Razzak a little, that's it.

Why don't we look at it this way - what are the positives coming out from this incident? Our players need to work extra hard if they want things to go our way, because freaky things may happen anytime in any match.